GRUNDY vs CANNON CO

Workforit247

Now that Barger is gone to teach at Sequatchie, and has quit another football program ( second year in a row), I wonder what Tate is thinking now.  If he is smart he will turn the offense over to Meeks, let Meeks run the practice and call the plays during this week's game.  From the things that I hear, Meeks is the glue of this team.  He is doing all that he can to keep players from quitting or transferring and also helping them get better.  Anyone in doubt should come watch a JV/Freshman game to see the difference of what a coach can do with this Grundy team. 

Also get rid of the ridiculous terminology that Barger and Tate had in place.   But knowing how Tate is, he won't do that.  I am not sure how much more of Tate the players, parents, fans, and other coaches can take.  If Tate had a pair, he would man up and do the right thing for these players and resign, but he would rather ride the season out to feed his ego and break down these players even more. 

10 hours ago, Workforit247 said:

Now that Barger is gone to teach at Sequatchie, and has quit another football program ( second year in a row), I wonder what Tate is thinking now.  If he is smart he will turn the offense over to Meeks, let Meeks run the practice and call the plays during this week's game.  From the things that I hear, Meeks is the glue of this team.  He is doing all that he can to keep players from quitting or transferring and also helping them get better.  Anyone in doubt should come watch a JV/Freshman game to see the difference of what a coach can do with this Grundy team. 

Also get rid of the ridiculous terminology that Barger and Tate had in place.   But knowing how Tate is, he won't do that.  I am not sure how much more of Tate the players, parents, fans, and other coaches can take.  If Tate had a pair, he would man up and do the right thing for these players and resign, but he would rather ride the season out to feed his ego and break down these players even more. 

I heard we lost a coach, but I wasn't sure which one. Even though Barger does seem to leave places...I do not blame him on this one. I watch the Dekalb game on GCTV and the body language with Tate and Barger seemed tense. 

I do not think a Grundy person can get the job done. People thought Tate could with doing so well with the Middle School program, but it ended up like I thought it would. Tate will feed his ego because he does not care about these kids. I had a family member play under him and the things that have happened under his care are sickening!

More and more will leave because they see the success athletes that have left are getting to rightfully deserve. It is a shame our leaders here allow this below average to take place. That is where the bar is set though. 

Was told by a parent that this years team would not be close to the last  years bunch. Did not believe it at first do now. This is the head coach5th year and what does that record look like 4-41 or something  like  that. In five years against Dekalb Cannon has been outscored 239-3.It aint working somebody needs to do the right thing. Both programs appear to be in very bad shape and the kids are the ones who get hurt.

16 hours ago, madmolly said:

Was told by a parent that this years team would not be close to the last  years bunch. Did not believe it at first do now. This is the head coach5th year and what does that record look like 4-41 or something  like  that. In five years against Dekalb Cannon has been outscored 239-3.It aint working somebody needs to do the right thing. Both programs appear to be in very bad shape and the kids are the ones who get hurt.

I'm not sure it can be as bad as ours. It's a joke here.

Just going by Coach T comments it appears to me that more folks still care in Grundy than Cannon about w hat happens on and off the field that will be the difference. Cannon has the Love kid at end that can be a threat and that appears to be all it may just come down to who scores first and can get the other bunch down. I think it will be Grundy by 14. Nice weather for a Homecoming.

Criticize all you want but this is the best move Chad has ever made by leaving the dumpster fire in Grundy. Better to just teach and watch games on Friday than work in that situation right now. Hate it for the kids but it is what it is. Chad is dang good coach and well respected in the profession. Has not had the record of Many by putting himself in some tuff coaching gigs. Did a great job at Cannon before having several good years at Sequatchie. Noone gonna win at Cohulla Creek and no real say on day to day stuff at Grundy. Hate to say it but personally glad he is out of that situation. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/24/2017 at 10:35 AM, Workforit247 said:

I agree 100% Nick Meeks should've been calling plays the last two years. I really didn't want to lose coach Barger. From what I heard he was the kind of coach some kids didn't  like because he pushes them to hard, and That's exactly the kind of coach Grundy needs. 

2 hours ago, Jnutz2 said:

I agree 100% Nick Meeks should've been calling plays the last two years. I really didn't want to lose coach Barger. From what I heard he was the kind of coach some kids didn't  like because he pushes them to hard, and That's exactly the kind of coach Grundy needs. 

Heard that the JV team at Grundy won again, Let the Meeks young man call plays.

On 9/27/2017 at 8:37 AM, Jnutz2 said:

I didn't see him staying long. People that have a clue can't be around Tate because it's a given you lose. Wish Barger well! We lost our head girls coach yesterday..oh this mountain.