After today. I'm done with the NFL!!

Big Bigby

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

America likes to be entertained.  People can't get enough.  In today's society everyone has a platform and everyone is tied together by social media.. We have all become a journalist or an expert analyst of sorts.    Everything is at our finger tips.  People get shot and killed or wounded just by going to church.  People are more divided now than ever.  From one end of the globe to the other.  How far will be be divided?   We will get so divided till the whole world will turn to the evil one.  And guess what?  We won't have any rights then either.  The only kneeling this world will do will be to him.   We won't even be able to buy, trade  or sell without the mark.   Off base?   I think not.   Reach out to your fellow man and lend a helping hand.  A bunch of suffering going on. The only shoes we walk in are our own.   

As usual ,you hit the nail squarely . As for me ,I;ll put my faith in God ,not a bunch of wicked rulers. I,ve known this was going to happen at some point ,the time is here. Like I said in an earlier post,this is not a political issue. Twas going to happen either way. Satin is just using his puppets to corrupt mankind and its doing really well. The only ruler that will govern mankind for all of mankind is God. Seems like many people are confused thinking God put This guy in power to save mankind, I,m afraid he don,t have that kind of power. Just look to the real power and put you,re faith there. We have 0000000000 power over what any Government wants to do.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

If you enjoy any level of football you shouldn't want to get rid of the professional level.

The level of interest from kids and parents would drop (at some extent) at the lower levels without the lure of possibly one day being a millionaire.

How many kids with top notch ability would instead opt to focus on baseball or basketball?

Not only that but it would probably make it all the more likely that at some point more restrictions are placed on the sport due to head trauma.

I agree. I go to a game every Friday night even if its not a team I follow. This Friday I will likely be going to Friendship Christian vs MJ Christian. It looks like it could be a fun game.

The reason I go is to get out of the house and just enjoy the atmosphere after a week of being stuck inside at work.

I think its just a product of us living in a more connected society with the internet and media being at our fingertips on a 24x7 basis. And as such celebrities and athletes can now use their exposure to express their views and agendas.

At the end of the day its like everything else. We just have to make a decision whether or not we want to follow. If it bothers you then don't watch. The same as it always has been with every other medium (print, television, music etc.)

That is kinda the line in the sand. Are the fans concerned more about the product on the field or what the players do during the national anthem?

Judging by the Titans game today the majority of those fans were far more excited about the game than what went on before it.

Very few high school players even get close to the NFL. 

4 hours ago, RamTough41 said:

What happened today is a disgrace. I had to watch Calgary versus Saskatchewan in CFL. I won't watch a NFL game if players disrespect our flag and anthem. Players say we have freedom to protest and that's partly true. You can disrespect our flag if you want on your own time, but if a owner says his players aren't allowed to kneel, then you don't have that freedom. You are a paid employee of that owner and you have to respect their wishes or be fired. Same for every person with a job. Say or do what you want, but on company time things are different.

I wonder if these unpatriotic players would protest on their own time if they weren't getting paid or the media attention. I think not, they don't care for the cause, they just want to be center of attention. 

Saskatchewan is a fun team to watch.  I quit watching Pro sports here a few years ago. 

Edited by PeterGriffin75

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Thank you brother.   I have 3 American Flags in my possession.  One I fly freely to honor the men and women who have served or fought and died for this country.  The other 2 one of which came from my Grandfather who fought in World War I and it was handed down to me by my Dad.  The other one is my Dad's and he fought in World War II.  Both would be saddened by the events of today and these 'attention protests'.   But I believe with all my heart that my granddad and dad fought to protect these folks rights and freedoms.  I do wish it was from another platform but it's not.  

As I'm typing this...I'm looking at a shadow box w/ the flag that covered my grandfather's(WW II) casket, that I never got to know, in 1976.  I just wonder what he would have to say about the large majority disrespecting the flag and anthem today, that he fought to protect.

Think these brats need a reminder bout a former NFL player, that seen something more important than football...PAT TILLMAN.

For ALL these disrespectful, unappreciative Fools kneeling for the Anthem in protest, You're choosing the wrong platform for your disillusioned and fallacious protest!!! First of all, our Anthem and flag do NOT represent the Government or law enforcement!!! They represent We the People, especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice in defending our nation and our Freedoms!!! That's who you're disrespecting!!! Secondly, the premise of your protest is pure B.S. propaganda and lies force-fed to the Libtards by the MSM and the Establishment. The cops do NOT target Blacks and the Black community is NOT being oppressed!!! If you really want to help, donate your time speaking to inner city kids about the importance of family since 75% of the households with children in the Black community are run by single mothers. Teach them the importance of getting an education or learning a marketable skill. Teach them to stay away from gangs, drugs and alcohol and obey the Friggin laws!!! Then donate 90% of your salary to inner city programs and college scholarships. Right now, you're just shining a spotlight on yourselves and not accomplishing a Flippin thing besides disrespecting and peeing off a ton of Patriotic Americans!!!!

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic