After today. I'm done with the NFL!!

Big Bigby

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

Maybe they'll negotiate it into the collective bargaining agreement.  Be part of their contract to stand.  The owners can pay them more to stand.

.......That kinda crap never crossed my mind! Always an ulterior motive amongst some.

I bit on the size and power of worst hurricanes ever...till I realized it was promoting man made global warming.

I must be getting old 

15 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

ST, I've noticed we're  a lot alike thru the years...I now see clearer your meaning 

Thank you brother.   I have 3 American Flags in my possession.  One I fly freely to honor the men and women who have served or fought and died for this country.  The other 2 one of which came from my Grandfather who fought in World War I and it was handed down to me by my Dad.  The other one is my Dad's and he fought in World War II.  Both would be saddened by the events of today and these 'attention protests'.   But I believe with all my heart that my granddad and dad fought to protect these folks rights and freedoms.  I do wish it was from another platform but it's not.  

Edited by Southtowner
  • Like 1

I have never been much of a NASCAR fan, but the NFL owners need to grow a set and take a lesson from the NASCAR owners.....I saw today where those owners told their employs if they ever attempted to protest by not standing for the anthem that they would be fired on the spot!!!  Richard Petty and Richard Childress were very vocal about the situation.  Good for NASCAR!!!  

• Upvote 1

The nation that we live in now has gotten  so far away from God and the principals that this great country was founded on. It doesn't matter who you support in politics if you don't get goosebumps and want to stand up during the National Anthem there is something wrong. A lot of people don't realize that we are so spoiled of a nation because we are a free nation thanks to all the brave men and women who gave their lives. Freedom isn't everywhere!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Thank you brother.   I have 3 American Flags in my possession.  One I fly freely to honor the men and women who have served or fought and died for this country.  The other 2 one of which came from my Grandfather who fought in World Wat I and it was handed down to me by my Dad.  The other one is my Dad's and he fought in World War II.  Both would be saddened by the events of today and these 'attention protests'.   But I believe with all my heart that my granddad and dad fought to protect these folks rights and freedoms.  I do wish it was from another platform but it's not.  

I just hate to see it filter down to college and HS amongst kids that just don't get it.

One can protest all they want....Just do it on personal time and I have no issue.

When i was 17 I wanted nothing more than to be a Marine...They came to my house...I answered what seemed to be 500 questions.

One question was, "do you have or ever had asthma"...I said yes till I was 10...he shut his briefcase and said, "thanks for wanting to be a Marine but you don't qualify". I was crushed! I played and ran miles everyday, wasnt a thing I couldn't do...came to see later in life there were other plans for me.

I greatly respect your family 

8 minutes ago, jake said:

I have never been much of a NASCAR fan, but the NFL owners need to grow a set and take a lesson from the NASCAR owners.....I saw today where those owners told their employs if they ever attempted to protest by not standing for the anthem that they would be fired on the spot!!!  Richard Petty and Richard Childress were very vocal about the situation.  Good for NASCAR!!!  

Exactly this !

And, GO BAMA

Edited by uknoit2

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

It all started to bring attention to police brutality across this country.   Colin Kaepernick.    A lot of folks find different ways and use their platform to bring about attention to issues across this country.  

I missed this one...Yea, those mean mean police officers. You know who I'd call, if a wrong was being done? Same people THEY call, a police officer! Sure there's some bad ones like in everything else, but they put their lives on the line for me and THEM. 

One more question before I go to bed and rise to work so I can feed and house the masses...How do all these people, protesting, afford to do so???? SMH 

• CoachT locked this topic