After today. I'm done with the NFL!!

Big Bigby

2 minutes ago, warrior94 said:

There are plenty of problems in America. There are more churches than schools, there are several hate groups, many politicians are corrupt, etc. However, I think that the biggest problem in America is the inability for people to allow others to have an opinion different than their own. I will always stand for the national anthem because I believe that it represents the blood shed to have a land meant for freedom, even if it has much room for improvement. However, if someone kneels during it, they are exercising their right to speech that our soldiers have fought and died for. From what I understand, they kneel in protest because they don't see America as a land of the free, not in protest to the soldiers. I may not agree with them, but their actions don't cause me or anyone else any consequences. Until we can learn to ask questions and try to understand each other, instead of just putting others down for an opinion that we disagree with we, we will never come closer to being united, and instead, we will just be more and more divided

Warrior, I agree in part with this...But they are really protesting the lack of freedom and lack of advancement caused by the very people they vote for! The most hateful comments caught on tape, the most racists things on video are by the people (political party) they keep supporting. And when a black man or woman stands against the D party, stands against the Sharptons of that party, they are demonized to a scale the make me SMH

1 minute ago, uknoit2 said:

Warrior, I agree in part with this...But they are really protesting the lack of freedom and lack of advancement caused by the very people they vote for! The most hateful comments caught on tape, the most racists things on video are by the people (political party) they keep supporting. And when a black man or woman stands against the D party, stands against the Sharptons of that party, they are demonized to a scale the make me SMH

I agree with this. I hate both the democratic party/CNN and republican party/FOX. I just wish that people could disagree and have a debate instead of a shouting match. I see it all day on social media where people are at each other's throats instead of really trying to share opinions. Instead of trying to learn from someone's opposing view, they try to persuade the opposition.

10 minutes ago, warrior94 said:

I agree with this. I hate both the democratic party/CNN and republican party/FOX. I just wish that people could disagree and have a debate instead of a shouting match. I see it all day on social media where people are at each other's throats instead of really trying to share opinions. Instead of trying to learn from someone's opposing view, they try to persuade the opposition.

It's about POWER! On both sides, this is the problem...It's no longer about what's best for the people, it's about which side has the most power...Now they've figured out they can group together and have lots more POWER....It has to come to a head as more and more Americans see what's really up 

Probably the hardest reality after the election is that a good portion of Americans are rapidly moving away from racism, but another solid chunk refuses to even acknowledge it as a problem. One of the pillars of Trump's campaign, if not the pillar, was racism. His racist crusade to push Obama as non-American was his first foray into politics, and he's kept that tone to today.

Trump was elected because around 25% of America is either racist or willing to enable racism. That breaks my heart.

If only there were a hundred more important things going on right now that the POTUS needs to give his attention to...

Oh wait.

5 minutes ago, fullbackdive said:

Probably the hardest reality after the election is that a good portion of Americans are rapidly moving away from racism, but another solid chunk refuses to even acknowledge it as a problem. One of the pillars of Trump's campaign, if not the pillar, was racism. His racist crusade to push Obama as non-American was his first foray into politics, and he's kept that tone to today.

Trump was elected because around 25% of America is either racist or willing to enable racism. That breaks my heart.

If only there were a hundred more important things going on right now that the POTUS needs to give his attention to...

Oh wait.

True, there are other issues of great importance....I really don't want to argue politics, but Obama and his wife both with actions, words and associations showed they did not like America...His deal(s) with Iran proved that

There is bigotry, no doubt...But there are many groups that suffer it...Just watch when a Christian (black or white) makes a stand against Godlessness

Just now, uknoit2 said:

True, there are other issues of great importance....I really don't want to argue politics, but Obama and his wife both with actions, words and associations showed they did not like America...His deal(s) with Iran proved that

There is bigotry, no doubt...But there are many groups that suffer it...Just watch when a Christian (black or white) makes a stand against Godlessness

The President calling peaceful, law-abiding US citizens who are exercising their Constitutional rights "sons of *******" and calling for their firing -- attacking people for using a right HE SWORE he would protect -- is a greater disgrace to the flag and a more powerful threat to the foundation of our Democracy than sitting for any song or failing to salute any piece of cloth could ever be. 

10 minutes ago, Compton said:

Of course I can't change the past. Slavery is happening every where. Even God chosen people were slaves until Moses freed them. But what we can't ignore is the original anthem was talking about slavery, so how is a certain race suppose too stand too that with his hand over his heart. How am i suppose to believe American History, when American History told me a white man created Harley Davidson, when blacks were the voices on albums but white faces was on the cover. This was never against the military, from day 1 it's all about equality.

What is the anthem we sing today about? That's all that matters, the honor of thousands of black and white men that gave it all for OUR freedom & a God that allowed it to happen....Let us recall that the Lord died for our sins, unfairly beaten and put to death for us....yet he desires to never remember a sin we have committed...Hope we can come to live by that standard

3 minutes ago, Compton said:

Your right i can't change the past, i don't go around mad all day, because i was never beating, place on the back of the bus, use different water fountains, but it doesn't mean i should forget those things either. I agree no place i would rather live in the United States. I know this is a high school football thread, but i love the conversation so one day we say our differences and maybe come too some closure, and bridge the gap.

If we all had the desire to work together for a greater good, we'd have few differences...But as a nation, we've left the standard for that kind of attitude and the Lord sees that

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, fullbackdive said:

The President calling peaceful, law-abiding US citizens who are exercising their Constitutional rights "sons of *******" and calling for their firing -- attacking people for using a right HE SWORE he would protect -- is a greater disgrace to the flag and a more powerful threat to the foundation of our Democracy than sitting for any song or failing to salute any piece of cloth could ever be. 

Point well stated...He was in the wrong for sure! Never claimed to uphold him for those words.

Once again, I believe all has every right to freely say what they want...Just not at work. I watch football to see football, not a protest...They are popular enough to do this outside of work and still get the attention to their cause

Just now, uknoit2 said:

Point well stated...He was in the wrong for sure! Never claimed to uphold him for those words.

Once again, I believe all has every right to freely say what they want...Just not at work. I watch football to see football, not a protest...They are popular enough to do this outside of work and still get the attention to their cause

Not arguing with you, even though it may come across that way! Your are right though, I also watch football to see football as well.

Last thing I'll say in this thread is that people forget that Kaepernick switched from sitting on the bench to kneeling after talking to a teammate with ties to the military. They came to the consensus that kneeling was a good way to protest the injustice while still honoring the men and women who are serving and have served for this country. The flag represents more than just the military, as Bob Costas explained last night. It represents the rights, values, and systems of the country. I love this Country!!

10 minutes ago, Compton said:

A warning too everyone, this thread will get shut down. There was a similar thread last year about Maryville and it was frozen or removed.

We've had a few similar threads on the 1A-2A threads over the years....It's civil in here, they shouldn't shut it down.

What is coming out is we are all very closely saying the same things because we want what's best for our families and country....We have a dire situation in this country and it's the power hogs that run things! Obama, Bush, Clinton did nothing to make things better "for the people"....They all instead bettered THEMSELVES.

Only one hope and that's the Lord God...But we must be able to forget, forgive and move forward by His standard to see real changes....I wonder if it will happen.........................

Just now, fullbackdive said:

Its all about his Base. You have to look at how he views Country,s with dictators that  have no freedoms. Turkey. Saudi Arabia and several others. Remember where Tillerson  tried to tell us that our values and our goals might be completely different. Think we might ought to stick with our moral values. I think nearly everyone on here has pretty much the same values. 

2 minutes ago, fullbackdive said:

Not arguing with you, even though it may come across that way! Your are right though, I also watch football to see football as well.

Last thing I'll say in this thread is that people forget that Kaepernick switched from sitting on the bench to kneeling after talking to a teammate with ties to the military. They came to the consensus that kneeling was a good way to protest the injustice while still honoring the men and women who are serving and have served for this country. The flag represents more than just the military, as Bob Costas explained last night. It represents the rights, values, and systems of the country. I love this Country!!

I don't think you're arguing and I don't desire to be viewed as doing so either. This has turned into a good discussion from a bunch of backwoods, know nothings (at least in my neck of the woods). If this type of common sense could only fill the chambers in Washington 

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic