Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
osunut2

Powell @ Campbell County

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

This could be for 4th and 5th place.  I still see Fulton, OR, and West finishing top 3.  So, this is a playoff game, the loser most likely is out.

That's pretty much what I see, as well.  Powell still has West and Oak Ridge left, along with South Doyle, and a loss already to Fulton.  While upsets happen, anybody that is objective would have to think that they will be the underdogs to both West and Oak Ridge.  That means the CC game might be their best window of opportunity  to get back to the playoffs.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, oridgecat said:

This could be for 4th and 5th place.  I still see Fulton, OR, and West finishing top 3.  So, this is a playoff game, the loser most likely is out.

I see CC in that 3rd spot. I don't think West will beat CC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

I see CC in that 3rd spot. I don't think West will beat CC. 

That will be interesting.  West's defense is really playing well, but they still have little to no offense right now.  Campbell County is going to score.  Period.  West has got to find a way to score to be in that game, IMO.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HTV said:

That will be interesting.  West's defense is really playing well, but they still have little to no offense right now.  Campbell County is going to score.  Period.  West has got to find a way to score to be in that game, IMO.  

West's offense isn't good enough to score at will. So if CC can just score 14 or 17 points....They will win IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

West's offense isn't good enough to score at will. So if CC can just score 14 or 17 points....They will win IMO.

No, but CC isn't going to score at will on West's defense, either.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HTV said:

No, but CC isn't going to score at will on West's defense, either.  

 

You're not hearing what I'm saying. I know how good West's defense is. But I don't think West's offense will score against CC. I could be wrong, but I just think CC is an overall better team than West right now. If West can start scoring more consistently, they will be a very dangerous team.

But Clinton isn't very good right now and we had our chances to score last night, just couldn't execute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2017 at 8:13 PM, 92Dragon said:

You're not hearing what I'm saying. I know how good West's defense is. But I don't think West's offense will score against CC. I could be wrong, but I just think CC is an overall better team than West right now. If West can start scoring more consistently, they will be a very dangerous team.

But Clinton isn't very good right now and we had our chances to score last night, just couldn't execute.

92, I didn't see any chances to score.  Clinton only crossed midfield once, and that was on the first drive of the game.  That drive ended on the 40.  In the second half they reached the 50 yard line once, but that was it.  

West and CC is a very interesting match up.  Good offense vs great defense, and struggling offense vs decent defense.  No telling what will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

92, I didn't see any chances to score.  Clinton only crossed midfield once, and that was on the first drive of the game.  That drive ended on the 40.  In the second half they reached the 50 yard line once, but that was it.  

West and CC is a very interesting match up.  Good offense vs great defense, and struggling offense vs decent defense.  No telling what will happen.

Clinton attempted a halfback pass once and the receiver couldn't catch up to it or he would still be running. Haha that was one of our chances to score that we failed to execute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Clinton attempted a halfback pass once and the receiver couldn't catch up to it or he would still be running. Haha that was one of our chances to score that we failed to execute.

He was barely behind the corner, would of had to be a perfect pass.  But yeah, I saw that play.  Almost don't count.  ha ha.  Clinton does play hard for this staff.  That is good to see.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:00 PM, hogdogger said:

49 too 13 final .I figured Powell would give a better game .They are better than last year and in time will be back but there not there yet.

Yeah, I was surprised by the result too. CC throttled Powell's defense. To be honest, Fulton had more trouble moving the football against the Panthers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...