#1 Ranked Greeneville Vs. Sully South

DevilMan03

I've not seen South play this year but know they and Elizabethton have both won  there last 5 games .This is not a game the Devils want to make a lot of mistakes and expect South to just give it for free. I expect a lot more work for the number one guys and hope we are in position to let a lot of guys play again and build that depth up.Friday was the first time I really noticed our 2nd QB sling the ball.That kid has a cannon for his size.The ball really got down the field quick.Loved the way we got everyone in the game and believe me,that will help out when they hit the practice field Monday.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

I've not seen South play this year but know they and Elizabethton have both won  there last 5 games .This is not a game the Devils want to make a lot of mistakes and expect South to just give it for free. I expect a lot more work for the number one guys and hope we are in position to let a lot of guys play again and build that depth up.Friday was the first time I really noticed our 2nd QB sling the ball.That kid has a cannon for his size.The ball really got down the field quick.Loved the way we got everyone in the game and believe me,that will help out when they hit the practice field Monday.

Not sure how old the backup is but sure looks like will will just keep reloading year after year 

Boone went into South the 1st game this year thinking that we would just steamroll them.    South is terrible, they have a new head coach, with the new Sullivan County HS looming in a couple of years.....   well let me tell you that Boone was VERY fortunate to escape with a win.     Forget all that stuff in the previous sentence, South is  way better than anybody gave them credit for.

Now, with all that being said, I would still agree with those above that Greeneville is going to roll on this one, but you can't get lax and think you are playing Central or Union County.

6 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Boone went into South the 1st game this year thinking that we would just steamroll them.    South is terrible, they have a new head coach, with the new Sullivan County HS looming in a couple of years.....   well let me tell you that Boone was VERY fortunate to escape with a win.     Forget all that stuff in the previous sentence, South is  way better than anybody gave them credit for.

Now, with all that being said, I would still agree with those above that Greeneville is going to roll on this one, but you can't get lax and think you are playing Central or Union County.

I never count a victory until it's over and then I still know those victories are not 100% .WHY you ask ? We have all seen crazy stories that teams had no ideal a kid wasn't legal for some reason,even a kid that played very little and had no influence as to the outcome.Other words we could still lose the Central game if all the t's are not crossed and i's dotted.I guess you could say I'm pessimistic,but I figure someone has to think of those kinds of things Just to make sure the school does a double check just like  every other part of building a champion.

17 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I never count a victory until it's over and then I still know those victories are not 100% .WHY you ask ? We have all seen crazy stories that teams had no ideal a kid wasn't legal for some reason,even a kid that played very little and had no influence as to the outcome.Other words we could still lose the Central game if all the t's are not crossed and i's dotted.I guess you could say I'm pessimistic,but I figure someone has to think of those kinds of things Just to make sure the school does a double check just like  every other part of building a champion.

Last year Morristown West beat Catholic 1-0 because Cath had played an ineligible guy and thus had to forfeit.   Not even sure if he played but he was dressed and on the field.   A very minor infraction and it had NOTHING to do with the outcome of the game, but West got the W.     BTW, if I remember correctly Catholic self-reported this to the T$$AA so its not like they were trying to hide something.

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Last year Morristown West beat Catholic 1-0 because Cath had played an ineligible guy and thus had to forfeit.   Not even sure if he played but he was dressed and on the field.   A very minor infraction and it had NOTHING to do with the outcome of the game, but West got the W.     BTW, if I remember correctly Catholic self-reported this to the T$$AA so its not like they were trying to hide something.

100% what I'm talking about.It could happen to any school and can you imagine a whole season like that go down the drain because of a kid that didn't have an impact on the outcome of any game but cost you a championship .It would be different if your school brought in several future D1 players that were not legal and were cheating to win. I don't like things like that and its darn near impossible to catch every little thing.If any school has a coach that is trying to do things right,it's Greeneviile.I can't imagine the kids that their parents have  tried to get over to Maryville or Alcoa over the years and how they have to watch everything.I know if I lived anywhere close down there and had a stud player,I would want him to play for a dang championship every year and a great coach.So,up here we have to watch just the same.Ive got no lie to tell,if my kid would have told me I want to play for Greeneville three years ago or 3 months ago,Id been looking for a way to make it happen.BUT,I would have done it right.Who is to say how many shty people across the state will not care about a great  program and falsify records to take care of little johnny.

On 10/1/2017 at 11:44 PM, BatmanDevil said:

The future does look bright but I'm ready to see something that hasn't happened for the Devils in a few seasons.Not next year or down the road either.I want that third championship this year.

You guys have a lock ...  as far as getting to Cookeville  .. the threats that have beaten you guys the past  5 years have moved on up to 5A  .. Knox Cath , Knox Central and Knox Fulton ... so you dont have to worry bout any of those ... nobody down here in Knox Co in this part of state is any good ..  Anderson Co may be the team you meet but they dont play anybody ..traveling to Chatt for games .. and you guys whupped them bad in 2016 .. so that will be a cake walk also .. dont have any idea who from West projects to be there ...   

1 hour ago, Tadvols said:

You guys have a lock ...  as far as getting to Cookeville  .. the threats that have beaten you guys the past  5 years have moved on up to 5A  .. Knox Cath , Knox Central and Knox Fulton ... so you dont have to worry bout any of those ... nobody down here in Knox Co in this part of state is any good ..  Anderson Co may be the team you meet but they dont play anybody ..traveling to Chatt for games .. and you guys whupped them bad in 2016 .. so that will be a cake walk also .. dont have any idea who from West projects to be there ...   

That's the unknown,none of those that moved up won anything last year.Doesn't look like none would have this year either had they stayed.

• Upvote 1

I must say that have I have really enjoyed reading some of the threads on here.  I'd say to this point the most enjoyable ones have been the banter between the greeneville and ac fans.  Whenever I need a laugh I pull those up.  Good stuff.  I also enjoyed the thread that carried over to the NC boards before the Pisgah game.  Now, let me state...I guess according to these boards I would be considered "trolling" as I am a football fan but I am from West TN.  I found it particularly amusing to read how that ac fan stated that in his opinion the ac quarterback is the best in the state...lol, like he's seen all of them to make that comparison.  Anyway, It is always an unknown come playoff time.  We know the history of dominance from the teams from the east but just last year it was Memphis metro teams that made statements in Cookeville.  Should be interesting to watch it play out. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tigerfan256 said:

I must say that have I have really enjoyed reading some of the threads on here.  I'd say to this point the most enjoyable ones have been the banter between the greeneville and ac fans.  Whenever I need a laugh I pull those up.  Good stuff.  I also enjoyed the thread that carried over to the NC boards before the Pisgah game.  Now, let me state...I guess according to these boards I would be considered "trolling" as I am a football fan but I am from West TN.  I found it particularly amusing to read how that ac fan stated that in his opinion the ac quarterback is the best in the state...lol, like he's seen all of them to make that comparison.  Anyway, It is always an unknown come playoff time.  We know the history of dominance from the teams from the east but just last year it was Memphis metro teams that made statements in Cookeville.  Should be interesting to watch it play out. 

I'm surprised it had been a while since a team from that part of the state won it.You never know when a school that nobody factors in  will jump up and win five games when the playoffs start.The last several years  doesn't mean squat this year.I don't have a clue as to how Greeneville or AC could match up with the best from middle and west Tennessee.Nobody knows who will stay healthy either and that can change the picture for anyone.