Division of the RB

OrangeEagle

Has anyone noticed the talent at the RB position in DII-A. MTCS, FCS, MTCS, NCS and DA backs are in the top 11 in the state in rushing. I think most of these guys are underclassmen so we will be treated to seeing these young men for another year. I have not personally seen the kids from MT, FC and MJ. I hear great things about all 5 though. 

http://www.unapproved website.com/m/stat_leaders/list.aspx?ssid=d7de9baf-87f8-4a16-bf62-ff51dcb7b9d5&state=TN&statcategory=offense,rushing

Edited by OrangeEagle
Forgot link

41 minutes ago, OrangeEagle said:

Has anyone noticed the talent at the RB position in DII-A. MTCS, FCS, MTCS, NCS and DA backs are in the top 11 in the state in rushing. I think most of these guys are underclassmen so we will be treated to seeing these young men for another year. I have not personally seen the kids from MT, FC and MJ. I hear great things about all 5 though. 

http://www.unapproved website.com/m/stat_leaders/list.aspx?ssid=d7de9baf-87f8-4a16-bf62-ff51dcb7b9d5&state=TN&statcategory=offense,rushing

Yes and it's quite impressive. I think FCS is a 2018 and the others are 2019. What the NCS and FCS backs are able to do is really impressive considering they are not really a passing threat so teams can key on the run. Doesn't seem to matter tho as they still rack up tons of yards.

14 hours ago, OrangeEagle said:

Has the kid from FCS gotten any looks yet?  They seem to have an old school formula to winning, great RB and sound defense. Hope he gets a chance

There was a coach there to see him at Goodpasture the night he hurt his elbow. I hope he saw enough to make a good evaluation. Of course, there's tons of film available. He's a talented young man. He is running like he's on a mission after missing most of last year with injury. When he went down at GP he sent a message to the team to apologize and promise to be back.

Edited by GeorgeBailey
misspelling

5 hours ago, GeorgeBailey said:

There was a coach there to see him at Goodpasture the night he hurt his elbow. I hope he saw enough to make a good evaluation. Of course, there's tons of film available. He's a talented young man. He is running like he's on a mission after missing most of last year with injury. When he went down at GP he sent a message to the team to apologize and promise to be back.

I LOVE to hear stories of kids like that. How stand up is that to apologize and promise to be Back?  Tell ya what, that kid has an old man pulling for him now

5 hours ago, Golden1 said:

Some of the numbers may be slightly inflated due to some of the competition.  However, they all are well above average and could play anywhere!!!  They all run hard!!

FCS RB has only played in two 4th quarters this year.  He has been pulled when the game is out of control so yes, he is for real. 

23 hours ago, Golden1 said:

Some of the numbers may be slightly inflated due to some of the competition.  However, they all are well above average and could play anywhere!!!  They all run hard!!

The only one I have not seen is FCS back. DA and NCS back both ran for over 200 on FRA which is supposed to be a step up in competition.  MJCA back runs with a lot of power, don't think he has to top end speed of the other backs but still a stud.  

On 10/4/2017 at 0:13 AM, AlbertPine said:

FCS RB has only played in two 4th quarters this year.  He has been pulled when the game is out of control so yes, he is for real. 

I've watched him for 4 seasons now. I've never seen him as serious about it as he is now. I know he was hampered with injury. He's pulling a Steve McNair this year, though - playing through injury.