Gallatin vs Hendersonville

thegreatone36

On 10/3/2017 at 8:08 AM, thegreatone36 said:

Don't know the last time these two haven't faced each other as district/region foes, but this one will still come down to just pure ol' braggin' rights. Suprised this one hasn't been mentioned yet. Who ya got? 

It was 2013, when Hendersonville was 6A. Moved down to 5A in 2015, then back up to 6A this season.

13 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Yeah the site I used is wrong even on their own page now that I'm looking at it. They have it listed as 38-17-1 but I went through and counted 42 wins for Gallatin on their list. They probably have it all screwed up.

Anything before 1964 won't likely be found because Gallatin lost a lot of archived stuff in a fire some time ago.

Just now, thegreatone36 said:

I expect a good game mainly because Hendersonville hasn't forgot about the big loss they had last year. Hendersonville faithful has been very silent, i'd like to hear their opinions as well. 

Honestly depends which Hendersonville team shows up.. We've shown flashes of being a very good football team and then other times, quite the opposite.. If Hendersonville comes to play like I know they are capable of then I like our chances.. If we don't, results will be similar to last year.. I've been impressed with what I have seen from Gallatin, they are a really good football team and it will take a 4 quarter effort no doubt

After a couple of weeks off my take on this Friday night.

Gallatin- Best defense they have had in a decade.  Very fast, physical, challenge you on every snap.  DC King has them playing at a very high level.  On offense 2 good QB’s in Minor and Sloan, good RB’s in Stewart and Porter, a big physical veteran O line and a lot of speed on the outside.

Hendersonville- Coker has thrown for a little over 1,000 yds with 12 TD’s and 2 Int. For the  negative Commando posters on here we have not demonstrated so far this year that we can line up against a top team (Station Camp, Wilson Central, and Franklin based on their records are not top teams) and play smash mouth and not throw it.  Coker is averaging just under 20 yds per completion so the big play threat is there.  Hughes, Kincaid, and Dalton have to get a lot of touches and we need to have balance between the run and the pass.  On defense we have to tackle a lot better than we have in previous games and we can’t give up big plays.  All comes down to execution and each player doing their job.  This game means something to me and every Commando player, coach, and fan.  The Gallatin game has always been the measuring stick of where you are as a football team and I look forward to going to the Waveyard Friday night. EG, see you at the game.  

8 hours ago, mondo44 said:

Gallatin- Best defense they have had in a decade.  Very fast, physical, challenge you on every snap.  DC King has them playing at a very high level.  On offense 2 good QB’s in Minor and Sloan, good RB’s in Stewart and Porter, a big physical veteran O line and a lot of speed on the outside.

Hendersonville- Coker has thrown for a little over 1,000 yds with 12 TD’s and 2 Int. For the  negative Commando posters on here we have not demonstrated so far this year that we can line up against a top team (Station Camp, Wilson Central, and Franklin based on their records are not top teams) and play smash mouth and not throw it.  Coker is averaging just under 20 yds per completion so the big play threat is there.  Hughes, Kincaid, and Dalton have to get a lot of touches and we need to have balance between the run and the pass.  On defense we have to tackle a lot better than we have in previous games and we can’t give up big plays.  All comes down to execution and each player doing their job.  This game means something to me and every Commando player, coach, and fan.  The Gallatin game has always been the measuring stick of where you are as a football team and I look forward to going to the Waveyard Friday night. EG, see you at the game.  

There we go!  That is a great observation and analysis.  Sounds like you have watched several films.  This game means something to me as well as every Gallatin fan too.  Great rivalry with a hard nosed team.  I agree completely with the measuring stick reference!!

11 hours ago, mondo44 said:

Pretty solid take there. Commandos have a stud in Hughes and to have him not getting 25 touches a game is really costing them points. Kincaid is solid and Dalton has really come on this year, but it's got to get to #3 to have the most effect. 

Gallatin made a good QB swap to Sloan and putting Minor out wide. Both can still make plays and it's helped take some pressure off of Porter and Stewart in the backfield. And that defense has been nearly lights out. Hendersonville does have the best offense the Wave will have seen to this point (until next week), but unless the Commandos commit to their top guys, it could be a tough night. I like Gallatin by a field goal, but I won't be shocked if Hendersonville wins and it certainly wouldn't be an upset. Don't think either team gets out of the 20s in this one.