Gallatin vs Hendersonville

thegreatone36

9 hours ago, keyboardmaniac said:

Pretty solid take there. Commandos have a stud in Hughes and to have him not getting 25 touches a game is really costing them points. Kincaid is solid and Dalton has really come on this year, but it's got to get to #3 to have the most effect. 

Gallatin made a good QB swap to Sloan and putting Minor out wide. Both can still make plays and it's helped take some pressure off of Porter and Stewart in the backfield. And that defense has been nearly lights out. Hendersonville does have the best offense the Wave will have seen to this point (until next week), but unless the Commandos commit to their top guys, it could be a tough night. I like Gallatin by a field goal, but I won't be shocked if Hendersonville wins and it certainly wouldn't be an upset. Don't think either team gets out of the 20s in this one. 

Cost them the game against Lebanon. The kid had something like 9 carries for 170 yards.

There wont be any lack of motivation to get pumped up for this game from either team.  It feels strange going into this game without any region implications, but don't fool yourself.  This game means just as much as any region game to the kids, coaches and fans of both of these teams

Gallatin has bounced back admirably since the Mt Juliet game.  I was concerned that game would derail the season even though MJ has beat the brakes off everyone they have played.  I am very impressed with the adjustments the coaching staff has made throughout this season.  Gallatin's defense is special this season and I expect they will be turned all the way up tonight.

I very much enjoyed reading the H-ville insight of this thread as i have not seen them play this year.  Just looking at the Commando schedule and their success vs opponents thus far, they are a hard team to peg.  A couple of impressive wins and one or two losses that are head scratchers. Should be a great game tonight and the gate, as always, shouldnt disappoint the home team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gtowner said:

There wont be any lack of motivation to get pumped up for this game from either team.  It feels strange going into this game without any region implications, but don't fool yourself.  This game means just as much as any region game to the kids, coaches and fans of both of these teams

Gallatin has bounced back admirably since the Mt Juliet game.  I was concerned that game would derail the season even though MJ has beat the brakes off everyone they have played.  I am very impressed with the adjustments the coaching staff has made throughout this season.  Gallatin's defense is special this season and I expect they will be turned all the way up tonight.

I very much enjoyed reading the H-ville insight of this thread as i have not seen them play this year.  Just looking at the Commando schedule and their success vs opponents thus far, they are a hard team to peg.  A couple of impressive wins and one or two losses that are head scratchers. Should be a great game tonight and the gate, as always, shouldnt disappoint the home team.

You preach the truth Gtowner!!!

Wow a nice performance tonight by Hendersonville. A very lackluster effort shown by Gallatin. Very disappointed in the effort shown by the defense tonight. Gallatin hasn't had a competent QB since Mr. Carnes either I've noticed in recent years. Every year one of these two teams blow the other one out. The last close game was back on 2013. Hendersonville made a slight believer out of me tonight, but MJ will still be too much IMO.

Gallatin looked flat from the beginning.  Very lackluster a on defense and a whole lot of walking around instead of running.  Hendersonville looked like they wanted it more from the get go.  The Commando outside blockers on the buck sweep blocked multiple guys sometimes one man blocked 2 or 3.  I knew once Gallatin got down 2 scores in the first half it would be a long night.  Coker to Dalton worked very well.  They have the timing routes down well.  The biggest thing I saw tonight was the way Hendersonville would run to the line and snap the ball immediately.  That really put the Wave in bad spots with guys not being in the correct spot at the snap.  That was a very smart game plan.  Offensively we had spurts but defensively they were off tonight.  Good game Commandos.  Glad it doesn't hurt our region status.  

Hville played their best game of the year last night.  Defense made key stops and got 2 turnovers.  Offensive line played their best game of the year, Kincaid had 165 yds and 3 TD’s, Hughes had 135 yds and a TD and Porter had 86 yds, most of it in the 2nd half.  Coker played well, hooking up with Dalton and others.  Any time you gain over 500 yds and score 42 points on a quality opponent like the Wave it’s a great night.  The mountain now gets very tall with Rossview and MJ coming up.  Back to work on Tuesday.