District 3-AAA Tournament Schedule

PowellBoysSoccer

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District 3 hasn't won a single region tourney game since 2009, so it'll be interesting to see if they can end that streak this season. Powell has really built a strong program, especially compared to just 5 years ago. They've also done a great job of putting together a challenging schedule, and that certainly helps.

That said, you've got to play a near-perfect game if you want to challenge the district 4 juggernauts (Farragut/Maryville/HVA).

Powell defeats Karns 9-0, while Oak Ridge takes care of Halls, 5-0. The Panthers will host Oak Ridge on Thursday night for the district 3 title. The winner will host the district 4 runner up (Farragut or Maryville) in the region semis.

Over in District 4, Farragut pounded Heritage, while Maryville eliminated Hardin Valley. The Admirals will host the Rebels for the district 4 title on Thursday night. Winner will host the Powell/OR loser.

8 hours ago, MountainVol said:

Looks like Bearden and Farragut from the east.  Maryville has a decent chance and Powell has improved, but it will be tough, especially for the lady Panthers, to take down the top teams.  Bearden went through their district and district tournament unscored upon.  Those numbers are hard to ignore.

I agree that's impressive. We also went unscored upon in the district tournament and outscored our district opponents 42-3. But I understand until we make the next step we will still be looked at a bit differently than others.

11 hours ago, PowellBoysSoccer said:

I agree that's impressive. We also went unscored upon in the district tournament and outscored our district opponents 42-3. But I understand until we make the next step we will still be looked at a bit differently than others.

I'd love to see a huge crowd come out for that Maryville game. Probably the biggest game in the history of the Powell program, especially after the 1-1 result at the end of the season.