AA Regions 5 and 6 Playoff Picture

@38320

2 minutes ago, rednecktiger31 said:

You do realize if LC would of had Waverly in the regular schedule this wouldn't even be a thread. Out of the regions combined I'd have in order Waverly, RS, CA, then LC. Still don't understand how Lewis county struggled so much with a real down Camden team. 

I absolutely 100% agree with that redneck. That's it folks it's a wrap

19 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Who Scott's Hill and Hickman? Congrats on those big Wins. Scott's Hill is down this yr and Hickman has been struggling for a while. Like I said before Waverly and Riverside will give region 5 all they want.

:popcorneater:

Luckily, this will all be decided on the field...most of these type back-and-forth conversations never get resolved, but this "discussion" will be settled. Word of caution...crow isn't very tasty, so watch what is thrown out there! 

Not directed at you vandy...I happen to agree with you...just tagged a post with SH in it because we aren't getting much attention this year (deservedly so).

3 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Luckily, this will all be decided on the field...most of these type back-and-forth conversations never get resolved, but this "discussion" will be settled. Word of caution...crow isn't very tasty, so watch what is thrown out there! 

Not directed at you vandy...I happen to agree with you...just tagged a post with SH in it because we aren't getting much attention this year (deservedly so).

I understand trader I try to be respectful as much as the other person allows me. Some people just don't understand. SH will be back. Great program and great fans. 

21 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I understand trader I try to be respectful as much as the other person allows me. Some people just don't understand. SH will be back. Great program and great fans. 

Everyone has been OK...just some "homers" expressing their opinions, and someone will be surprised at the outcome of some of those games...may be me!

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

I honestly was expecting and hoping for the Hill to be strong competitor this year. The Wavo/SH game was one I had marked on the calender to take off for. But it is true everything gets settled on the field, main reason every game is played. But the talk is always fun!

31 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

how many seniors do you guyshavethis yr trader?

Don't know the exact amount...too many that have been there and done that to be where we are. In truth we lost a LOT of the skill positions...QB, 2 WR's, 2 RB's, TE on offense, and most of the "difference makers" on D, but had big, strong, experienced linemen and some talented "replacements" for most of the gaps left. Just haven't come together and made a team as good as the parts say that they can be.

2 minutes ago, rednecktiger31 said:

I honestly was expecting and hoping for the Hill to be strong competitor this year. The Wavo/SH game was one I had marked on the calender to take off for. But it is true everything gets settled on the field, main reason every game is played. But the talk is always fun!

I knew that you guys would be out of reach for us...we lost too much to be as good as we were last season. I did believe that we could compete for second in the region, and be as good as anyone that we'd see in the first round (maybe two) of the playoffs though.

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Everyone has been OK...just some "homers" expressing their opinions, and someone will be surprised at the outcome of some of those games...may be me!

Not sure if I am in your "homer" category, but I have never discounted how strong Waverly is. My argument is that LC will be 1 and CA possibly 2. CA still gets Eagleville which could be a dogfight, but it is at home where CA is tough to beat. You argue that LC struggled with a down Forrest team, a terrible game, about a dozen combined turnovers. However, CA struggled even more, needing a couple of big breaks to hang on.

In comparing 5 and 6, I would put Waverly at 1, something I have said in many posts. But I will say I feel that LC would be the 2, then probably Riverside, CA/Eagleville, Forrest, SH, and HC in the order of probable playoff teams.

My take:

- Forrest will be the 4 seed and will lose to Waverly by 2-3 TDs but will be more competitive and hard hitting than R6 folks expected. 

- LC will beat CA. 

- Eagleville and LC QBs give them a chance in their 1st round matchups. 

- Forrest could hang with SH and HC, and those could go either way. Forrest would lose to Riverside but it would be close. 

- Riverside vs. Eagleville or LC will be close. 

- Waverly beats LC by 7 to advance to semis  

I believe LC will make it all the way this year. Yes they haven't played much competition this year but they are a very good football team. We have a GREAT O AND D LINE the BEST that I have been told in SHARPS ERA. A GREAT QB in WEBB and our secrete weapon will be back from a almost season ending injury and I tell you this he is hungry. FORREST IS A VERY GOOD TEAM AND THEY WILL UPSET A TEAM IN THE FIRST ROUND. If they can keep from turning the ball over they will beat who they play in the first round mock my words. They have to not throw the football so if they can keep it on the ground they will win the game. LC defense is getting better and better every week and if they can stay healthy watch out. Now with that being said if we have a few kids get hurt at some key positions just like any other team it could be devastating. LC will go all the way for the first time in SHARPS ERA. LC will raise that trophy at the end of the year along with SHARP being inducted into the TENNESSEE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACHES HALL OF FAME.