King's @ FC

GoldTrident

Just now, GoldTrident said:

TKA enjoyed much better play out of their line last week as well as their defense.  Their two LBs, especially Lusby, played well.  #77 was aggressive and played hard.  They are a solid ball team.  Looking forward to seeing MTCS tomorrow night and to see what TKA does with DCA.

MTCS will make a strong showing, but not sure they will have the steam for 4 qtrs. against FCS. TKA is the favorite in their matchup with DCA, imho. A win over DCA will be a great program win for them and keep the momentum going into the playoffs. Hope it's a good game up in Seymour for everybody and all the kids make it out injury-free.

1 hour ago, Sackmaster50 said:

MTCS will make a strong showing, but not sure they will have the steam for 4 qtrs. against FCS. TKA is the favorite in their matchup with DCA, imho. A win over DCA will be a great program win for them and keep the momentum going into the playoffs. Hope it's a good game up in Seymour for everybody and all the kids make it out injury-free.

I agree about moral victories. Those still count as a loss. Line and LB have played well all year. Lusby is a football player! He deserves a chance to play somewhere at the next level next year. FC probably still wins the game, but it really made TKA more one dimensional without TB Wyllins on the field. He has had a great season up to his injury against Grace. He's a special runner and a difference maker.  He should be back by the playoffs. TKA getting to play at home against DCA really helps. Looking forward to a fun night Friday in Seymour. 

So TKA follows up a pretty close loss to FCS with a home loss to a pretty average DCA team. I did not see the game but the score indicates it wasn't really that close either. Very odd. The close loss to FCS has a little bit of an asterisk as well due to the fact Foutch was somewhat hobbled with injury and did not get his usual carries on O. This kid is a dynamic RB and I have to think that kept the game closer than it would have had he got 30+ totes. Looking like TKA has a very real shot of slipping from the 2 to the 3 and would have to go to NCS in round 2. Maybe they get some help from MJCA.

11 hours ago, CFAfan said:

So TKA follows up a pretty close loss to FCS with a home loss to a pretty average DCA team. I did not see the game but the score indicates it wasn't really that close either. Very odd. The close loss to FCS has a little bit of an asterisk as well due to the fact Foutch was somewhat hobbled with injury and did not get his usual carries on O. This kid is a dynamic RB and I have to think that kept the game closer than it would have had he got 30+ totes. Looking like TKA has a very real shot of slipping from the 2 to the 3 and would have to go to NCS in round 2. Maybe they get some help from MJCA.

That pretty average team dropped two tds and turned the ball over twice inside their own 7 yard line against FCS or you'd be talking smack about someone else. Truth is you really don't know anything about them. 

If I'm doing the math correctly, the East has been decided..  If DCA beats MJCA  here's the top 6:

FCS, DCA, Kings, MJCA, MTMC, Grace.

If MJCA Beats DCA the order changes:

FCS, Kings, MJCA, MTMC, DCA, Grace.

Lot riding on the MJCA/DCA game.  DCA is a different team since the start of the season.  Lots of starters are back.  They are a wildcard right now.  No one wants to play them early in the playoffs.  From experience I've seen them knock of GIANTS in the playoffs that discount them. 

From what I understand in the West only DA/NCA are for real.  The East will shutdown the west other than #3 vs #6.  I wouldn't discount Grace though against the West #3.  They've put up points against some non defensive squads.  Good luck to all.

My bold prediction if DCA starters are back:  DCA 42 - MJCA 21.

2016 W DCA 54 Mt. Juliet Christian 39
2015 W DCA 46 Mt. Juliet Christian 14
2014 W DCA 44 Mt. Juliet Christian 8
2013 W DCA 46 Mt. Juliet Christian 14
2012 W DCA 42 Mt. Juliet Christian 0
2011 W DCA 48 Mt. Juliet Christian 0
2010 W DCA 48 Mt. Juliet Christian 0
2009 W DCA 56 Mt. Juliet Christian 0
Edited by AlbertPine

17 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

That pretty average team dropped two tds and turned the ball over twice inside their own 7 yard line against FCS or you'd be talking smack about someone else. Truth is you really don't know anything about them. 

Sigh...here we go again with your rose colored glasses. One of the top RB's in the State loses 3 fumbles vs DCA in half 1 to keep yall in it and now you should have won. Guess yall were 1 or 2 plays away from beating MTCS too right? Thanks for pointing out what I don't know. You're right, DCA should be ranked #1 in the State. 

1 hour ago, CFAfan said:

Sigh...here we go again with your rose colored glasses. One of the top RB's in the State loses 3 fumbles vs DCA in half 1 to keep yall in it and now you should have won. Guess yall were 1 or 2 plays away from beating MTCS too right? Thanks for pointing out what I don't know. You're right, DCA should be ranked #1 in the State. 

Now you're just being silly. I didn't say any of that so address my comment of just admit you don't know. Two catastrophic turnovers inside their 7 yard line and two dropped td's. Your claim is not accurate so I pointed it out. Your problem is you talk so much you never admit you're wrong.  I suppose a turnover 75 yards away is the same as them 4 and 7 yards away? Dropping td's with no defender around is the same as getting tackled 75 yards away? That's what you're suggesting. If you were at that game you know that's the truth. Why you act like that game was different makes me wonder what your motive is? 

Who is your team? You have a peculiar interest in this district so fess up. Why don't you just tell everyone?

Edited by Playerscoach

14 hours ago, AlbertPine said:

If I'm doing the math correctly, the East has been decided..  If DCA beats MJCA  here's the top 6:

FCS, DCA, Kings, MJCA, MTMC, Grace.

If MJCA Beats DCA the order changes:

FCS, Kings, MJCA, MTMC, DCA, Grace.

Lot riding on the MJCA/DCA game.  DCA is a different team since the start of the season.  Lots of starters are back.  They are a wildcard right now.  No one wants to play them early in the playoffs.  From experience I've seen them knock of GIANTS in the playoffs that discount them. 

From what I understand in the West only DA/NCA are for real.  The East will shutdown the west other than #3 vs #6.  I wouldn't discount Grace though against the West #3.  They've put up points against some non defensive squads.  Good luck to all.

My bold prediction if DCA starters are back:  DCA 42 - MJCA 21.

2016 W DCA 54 Mt. Juliet Christian 39
2015 W DCA 46 Mt. Juliet Christian 14
2014 W DCA 44 Mt. Juliet Christian 8
2013 W DCA 46 Mt. Juliet Christian 14
2012 W DCA 42 Mt. Juliet Christian 0
2011 W DCA 48 Mt. Juliet Christian 0
2010 W DCA 48 Mt. Juliet Christian 0
2009 W DCA 56 Mt. Juliet Christian 0

This game will be unlike any other MJCA game. Running teams give DCA huge problems and MJCA does it well. If MJCA wins it wont be an upset. DCA will score but I'm not sure how often the defense will rise up and make stops? 

Whoever DCA plays in the playoffs they'd better be able to affect the QB and cover the passing game. The QB has moments of HS magic and he has weapons all over the field. 

1 hour ago, Playerscoach said:

This game will be unlike any other MJCA game. Running teams give DCA huge problems and MJCA does it well. If MJCA wins it wont be an upset. DCA will score but I'm not sure how often the defense will rise up and make stops? 

Whoever DCA plays in the playoffs they'd better be able to affect the QB and cover the passing game. The QB has moments of HS magic and he has weapons all over the field. 

I agree with the statement about the DCA QB.  In my opinion, he was the biggest difference in the TKA game.  He made some great plays with his arm, but he also made some runs to keep drives alive.  The RB ran the ball very well also. 

As far as running teams giving DCA problems, TKA losing their RB 3 weeks ago has made a huge difference in their 2 losses.  Ask MJCA how well he ran the ball against them? He was the difference in that game. 30 carries for 300 plus yards.

Edited by Fan413

7 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

A strong line that can last into the 2nd half & closing the edge stops MJCA's running game.  DCA has good coaches that will watch the film and figure this out.  The passing game isn't an issue if the running game is shutdown.  Most of the numbers from MJCA's running game has been put up against very weak competition.

But I'll disagree, MJCA has never beaten DCA so yes it'll be an upset because they are 0-6 all-time against them.  MJCA has no defense either so if DCA can figure out the RB solution ... 42-21.

Edited by AlbertPine