Crockett football team not allowed to practice, Coach Sensabaugh under fire

blazer1set

17 minutes ago, harley04 said:

As outsider interested in who wins Fri. night, Crockett is better according to computer maybe 2 tds. But Haywood has lost to Quality Teams and this won't be easy game Coach or not.. Haywood is less than 20 percent on pickums I'm going with them. May the Seniors and Leaders of this team prove me wrong.

Wrong school.  I think you're thinking of Crockett County.  This is David Crockett in Washington County, which plays Tennessee High on Friday.

2 minutes ago, baseballfan19 said:

Not a good ole boy and nowhere near Washington County. He’s throwing people under the bus and trying to blackmail them into getting his way. At this point he’s got a few good claims, but all have been nullified by his incoherent arguments on social media and dragging his team into the middle of this mess. That’s not admirable. 

Could be a lot of corruption in the Washington Co. school system. All that money's been going somewhere besides the schools for the past 20 or so years. Maybe its a swamp that needs to be drained,  Maybe social media is the coaches only avenue to get the word out?  He's an outsider and that ain't going over to well. Maybe there's some things going on that needs to be kept quite. Maybe.

21 minutes ago, baseballfan19 said:

Not a good ole boy and nowhere near Washington County. He’s throwing people under the bus and trying to blackmail them into getting his way. At this point he’s got a few good claims, but all have been nullified by his incoherent arguments on social media and dragging his team into the middle of this mess. That’s not admirable. 

Exactly.

At first, I thought he had his heart in the right place but the more that I see of him ranting on there, the more that it looks like he's just trying to take everyone down around him while building himself up as a "voice of the people."  He literally threatened to blackmail his principal on Facebook just the other day.

If you know anything about how school funding works, or how school zoning and districting works in this state, most of his arguments are just plain off-base.  He comes off like a flat earther walking into NASA and trying to tell them how they need to fix their model of the solar system, then throwing a fit and going to the media about everything wrong with NASA when they don't do as he says.  It's just gotten uglier from there.

There will be a lot of revelations about GS and what's gone down at Crockett over the next few weeks.  This is going to get a lot uglier for both sides before it's over.

Edited by BlueDevil58

3 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Could be a lot of corruption in the Washington Co. school system. All that money's been going somewhere besides the schools for the past 20 or so years. Maybe its a swamp that needs to be drained,  Maybe social media is the coaches only avenue to get the word out?  He's an outsider and that ain't going over to well. Maybe there's some things going on that needs to be kept quite. Maybe.

There’s corruption everywhere and again, I am not so sure he doesn’t have some legitimate claims. That’ll probably come out in the wash. What he’s doing now is doing nothing but hurting some young people that he’s banging the moral superiority drum as if he’s the only one looking out for them. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BlueDevil58 said:

Exactly.

At first, I thought he had his heart in the right place but the more that I see of him ranting on here, the more that it looks like he's just trying to take everyone down around him while building himself up as a "voice of the people."  He literally threatened to blackmail his principal on Facebook just the other day.

If you know anything about how school funding works, or how school zoning and districting works in this state, most of his arguments are just plain off-base.  He comes off like a flat earther walking into NASA and trying to tell them how they need to fix their model of the solar system, then throwing a fit and going to the media about everything wrong with NASA when they don't do as he says.  It's just gotten uglier from there.

There will be a lot of revelations about GS and what's gone down at Crockett over the next few weeks.  This is going to get a lot uglier for both sides before it's over.

Indeed. The closets will be exposed on both sides. 

And who loses? The kids who are right now basically being asked by GS on his own Facebook to make a decision they shouldn’t have to make. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BlueDevil58 said:

The players are being barred from practice because it looks like GS has effectively gotten himself fired for insubordination after he was told to stop posting negative things about the school and system on Facebook to turn parents and the community against the teachers and county school board/administration.

GS has portrayed himself as a hero crusading for the kids throughout all this, and I think he means well, but the truth is that he's been going off half cocked about stuff he does not understand and even threatened on Facebook to blackmail the school on Friday.

Since he's gotten there, all he's done is condescend to everyone around him and demand that the school board do whatever he says, not understanding why they can't just snap their fingers and make it happen.  Let me give you a hint: it's not "just gold ol' boy politics," but a man like GS isn't used to being told "no."

So... some things GS has done on Facebook to get to this point:

***He demands the school system bus all JMS and JES kids to the new Boone's Creek School, effectively turning it into a feeder for Boone (which can't handle the 500+  kid freshman classes that would result and would require a new school built there) and effectively closing David Crockett down within a few years, all while leaving the Boone's Creek kids out in the cold in their own aging building.  Either that, or build a whole new school for JMS and JES immediately--which is actually in the works--but he's told parents those plans are just a lie when told of them.  They're not.

***He's demanded that Washingtonian County schools immediately stop using inmate labor, even though there is literally no money to pay for maintenance otherwise and that would take a ruling by the county commission.

***He's demanded that David Crockett's football stadium, which was just painted (with inmate labor) be condemned and replaced with a multi-million dollar facility including a new weightroom.

***He's alleged that any teacher who doesn't come out and publicly support him (and get fired) is a worthless "yes man" who hates kids and parents, putting everyone in his building under fire.  Then he threatened to "expose" people who had anonymously offered him support.  Throwing your supporters and teachers under the bus is not effective leadership for a coach.

***He blamed another faculty member for losing his first fundraising money (he's done very little fundraising) and got that person fired, even though as a coach it should be his responsibility to handle that instead of handing that duty to someone he doesn't know.  That's as much on him as anyone.  This was also on his Facebook.

***He's telling people that the new school the county is spending millions to build in Boone's Creek will be seized by Johnson City as soon as it's built, which is not legally possible.  Frankly, this showed me just how ill informed he is on the issues he claims to be raising "awareness" about.  He may mean well, but he's mostly just spreading BS and lies to get people worked up.

***Sensabaugh has complained very loudly about all the out of pocket expenses he's taken on as coach at D.C.  Welcome to public education!  Most of that is normal, and if he's handled his fundraising and not demanded charter buses for road games and things like that, he wouldn't have had to pay so much.  Again... he's blowing things out of proportion to draw attention to himself.

***On Friday; when the Principal and AD met privately with him to warn him to stop before he's fired (a meeting I only know about because GS posted about it on Facebook), Sensabaugh responded by alleging someone in the school offered him drugs one day (which he never reported before now, even though there is a police officer in the building) and said he was recording the conversation to use as blackmail.  He took this straight to Facebook, of course.

A petition is currently being circulated among the players asking that Sensabaugh be fired for the way he's treated them this season, including allegations of verbal abuse, public humiliation, and incompetence. The teachers at Crockett have few positive stories to tell about him, either.

This isn't about them not having a place to practice or anything like that.  This is about Sensabaugh being sent packing for insubordination and demanding the school system completely restructure itself and magically come up with millions of dollars to do so, then smearing the school system when they can't do this.  That kind of behavior would get anyone fired anywhere.

People see a "leader" here because that's how he's painted himself throughout this.  I see an ill-informed rich jackass who was hired to be a coach and now is trying to run the whole school system through indimidation and a media smear campaign, so he's getting the axe.  That is the opposite of leadership.

For a minute I thought I was reading the Washington Post about Trump and Corker and all that mess.

6 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'll reserve judgement on whos right and who's wrong when the wash is done. As for the players, It was the school board that nixed their practice today. Even refusing to let them practice without the coach. That's clearly taking it out on the kids. 

But in the current situation it was warranted. He’s thrown everyone under the bus. Assistants, administration, you name it. Tough to allow practice when you don’t have a big pool to choose from to lead the practice with so many people under investigation. 

14 minutes ago, baseballfan19 said:

But in the current situation it was warranted. He’s thrown everyone under the bus. Assistants, administration, you name it. Tough to allow practice when you don’t have a big pool to choose from to lead the practice with so many people under investigation. 

Under investigation?????  Boy this just got serious. Is the FBI involved?

2 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Under investigation?????  Boy this just got serious. Is the FBI involved?

When you spill a bunch of dirty laundry publicly and then drop alleged bombshells to your administration to try and save your own job... the admin will investigate those claims. They’re bound to, especially when the person making those claims is appearing to be unable to not click “Post.”