Crockett football team not allowed to practice, Coach Sensabaugh under fire

blazer1set

8 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

Man I'm glad you brought that up.  If Boone wins out, finds a way to win 3 games in the playoffs, that would put them at 11-2 and put them as the best team in school history.  Interesting.

I don't think Boone has ever won a conference championship either.

Didn't they win the Big 8 a few years ago when Science Hill, Dobyns-Bennett, and Tennessee High were all down?  That was right before Stacy Carter went to Science Hill.

8 minutes ago, BlueDevil58 said:

Didn't they win the Big 8 a few years ago when Science Hill, Dobyns-Bennett, and Tennessee High were all down?  That was right before Stacy Carter went to Science Hill.

No, that was the year TN High was loaded, went 10-0, whipped Boone in week 9, they met in the playoffs and Boone upset TN High.  TN High, Boone, South, and idk who were the teams that went.  That was the year I was surprised because I figured DB would be running the show.  Boone went 10-3 that year, losing to TN High, South and South in the playoffs.

Edit - That was 2009, not 2010.

Edited by formerblazer

32 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

I was checking out the rankings on TSSAA.

Right now we have a tie at Boone and Crockett, TN High, Then Cherokee., Mo East is in 5th.  Volunteer and Cocke County are out of the hunt.

I think the only way Crockett is out is if they lose all their games, Cherokee wins both their games, and then Mo East wins all their games.  If anything in any of those scenarios doesn't happen, Crockett is in.  Boone, TN High, and Crockett really need 1 to be rock solid, but all three of those teams are pretty solid to be in right now.  

I could see Crockett going 0-3 over the end of the season after all these distractions and backing into the playoffs, with Morristown East winning 3 in a row to finish at 3-2 in conference, though.

Tennessee High and Boone are a lock for the top 2 spots.  After that, Morristown East is in the basement, but their last 3 conference games are Volunteer, Cocke County, and Crockett--two of those are very winnable for ME and Crockett is a wildcard at this point.  If ME wins out, that puts them at 3-2 in conference with the tie-breaker over Crockett, so East would be the #3 seed and Crockett would be #4, but in freewill.

Cherokee's going to be the underdog against Tennessee High and Boone.  They'll probably finish 2-4 in conference play and be looking at a 4th seed, at best, depending on what happens with Morristown East.

That #4 seed would still get a decent matchup on paper in Region 2, though.  That whole conference is wide open, but you have to wonder how much of those records are indicative of those teams being down and how much is due to them just beating up on each other.  I'm not ready to write Sevier County, South Doyle, or any of the Knoxville schools off as creampuffs yet, and Crockett's style of play would be something they're familiar with.

5 minutes ago, BlueDevil58 said:

I could see Crockett going 0-3 over the end of the season after all these distractions and backing into the playoffs, with Morristown East winning 3 in a row to finish at 3-2 in conference, though.

Tennessee High and Boone are a lock for the top 2 spots.  After that, Morristown East is in the basement, but their last 3 conference games are Volunteer, Cocke County, and Crockett--two of those are very winnable for ME and Crockett is a wildcard at this point.  If ME wins out, that puts them at 3-2 in conference with the tie-breaker over Crockett, so East would be the #3 seed and Crockett would be #4, but in freewill.

Cherokee's going to be the underdog against Tennessee High and Boone.  They'll probably finish 2-4 in conference play and be looking at a 4th seed, at best, depending on what happens with Morristown East.

That #4 seed would still get a decent matchup on paper in Region 2, though.  That whole conference is wide open, but you have to wonder how much of those records are indicative of those teams being down and how much is due to them just beating up on each other.  I'm not ready to write Sevier County, South Doyle, or any of the Knoxville schools off as creampuffs yet, and Crockett's style of play would be something they're familiar with.

I won't claim they are creampuffs, but I do think that Region 1 has some strong teams.  Crockett... heck if they could have kept things together coaching wise, could be a 2 or 3 round team.  Boone should be  a 3 round team.  I think TN High bounced back since the beginning of the year and they are a much better team than when Boone handed it to them.  It's a really doable year for Boone if they keep their heads on straight.  Thankfully, all the noise in the county isn't in Gray.

Now that GS is gone, I am starting to think that Crockett might actually be better off this season, too.

It sounds like he wasn't doing much actual coaching at DCHS.  He ran the defense that was giving up 40 ppg and made some real weird calls, along with all the distractions and bad blood he was causing.  Coach Qualls, the interim coach, ran the offense and will keep that going.

Now that GS is gone, I could see players actually enjoying themselves and focusing more on football in the next couple of weeks if they can just put this mess behind them.  All the problems are going to hurt them this week against Tennessee High, but beyond that it could be the best thing for them against Boone, Morristown East, and the playoffs.

59 minutes ago, BlueDevil58 said:

Now that GS is gone, I am starting to think that Crockett might actually be better off this season, too.

It sounds like he wasn't doing much actual coaching at DCHS.  He ran the defense that was giving up 40 ppg and made some real weird calls, along with all the distractions and bad blood he was causing.  Coach Qualls, the interim coach, ran the offense and will keep that going.

Now that GS is gone, I could see players actually enjoying themselves and focusing more on football in the next couple of weeks if they can just put this mess behind them.  All the problems are going to hurt them this week against Tennessee High, but beyond that it could be the best thing for them against Boone, Morristown East, and the playoffs.

I’ve not seen a more undisciplined defense all year. 

15 minutes ago, baseballfan19 said:

I’ve not seen a more undisciplined defense all year. 

I need to correct myself.  The defense was only allowing 23 ppg, which isn't bad in HS ball.

Of course, if you take out the two winless teams (Seymour and Volunteer) who can't score on anybody, they were giving up 36 ppg.

There were a lot of dumb penalties and strange decisions, though.  It was just sloppy.

9 minutes ago, BlueDevil58 said:

I need to correct myself.  The defense was only allowing 23 ppg, which isn't bad in HS ball.

Of course, if you take out the two winless teams (Seymour and Volunteer) who can't score on anybody, they were giving up 36 ppg.

There were a lot of dumb penalties and strange decisions, though.  It was just sloppy.

I've seen A LOT of things in FB but I've never seen a HC pull his players off the field  (as a punishment for them jumping off sides) and allow a 2-pt conversion by the other team. We appreciated it tho :lol:

2 hours ago, BlueDevil58 said:

Hold your horses, Sensabaugh just put it on the board and said they could vote him back in immediately hahaha

18 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

Hold your horses, Sensabaugh just put it on the board and said they could vote him back in immediately hahaha

You never know about these kinds of  deals how it will end .I just hope it works out for the kids when the smoke clears.I always pull for the kids first but when parents,lawyers and other things factor in and we don't 100% know all the facts ,it's easy to jump either way.The only time I really know what is going on is when I have seen something with my own eyes or heard everything that needs to be heard.Then it sometimes still isn't a 100% done deal.

8:30pm    Just caught the tail end of a news story, it said the school board was meeting to potentially override the suspension and reinstate the coach.     Could not find it by Googling but maybe it is not posted yet.      I do NOT like to report heresay stuff, so if anyone has a link feel free to append.