Crockett football team not allowed to practice, Coach Sensabaugh under fire

blazer1set

9 minutes ago, BlueDevil58 said:

This thing about the hardship waiver sounds like a BS rumor someone's started.

I believe the part about the crazy adult flipping out, though.  There's been a lot of venom from adults directed at the kids who wanted to play, and at Lewis in particular because his dad was mentioned as one of the people who complained to administration about GS.  It's absolutely disgusting and insane that the kids are being subjected to this kind of abuse.

There are 2 weeks left in the season.  Transferring now could actually screw up his scholarship, since recruiters aren't always that good at keeping up with such things and could lose track of him or see it as a red flag.  Years ago, the Lindholm kid at Volunteer cost himself a bunch of offers to some good programs by transferring to Twin Springs a week before the season started to play football and basketball there.  He never went to college and wound up prison.

And it was at this point that the season should have been cancelled when parents were threatening kids.  This whole voting to play the rest of the season is stupid.  End it.  The adults need to act like adults.

• Like 1

I just don't see the point in him transferring this late in the season. Football will be over soon and if he doesn't have a problem with Coach Good then he shouldn't have any issues with basketball. I could see wanting to transfer if he were an underclassmen but he's already 3 months into his senior year.

2 hours ago, Bucsback said:

Looks like Lewis might be the first one trying to transfer. I heard at Church that evidently there was an adult that threw a helmet at Qualls then tried to pick a fight with Lewis. Said he was trying to get TSSAA to grant him a hardship waiver to play football for the remainder of the season. But definitely wants to play basketball where ever he goes.  I hope he stays at Crockett, that kid has brought a lot of good attention to Crockett over the past few years. Just feel bad about the whole situation. 

He can come to jc .  Coach Atwood could use some help

2 hours ago, formerblazer said:

And it was at this point that the season should have been cancelled when parents were threatening kids.  This whole voting to play the rest of the season is stupid.  End it.  The adults need to act like adults.

It seems like they're just trying to avoid even more backlash from canceling the season from people who want it to continue.  The district would lose $40k, the band and other cheerleaders who fundraise would lose money and opportunities to perform, and the parents with kids who want to play would be furious at administration, too.

I just hope a player doesn't get assaulted for wanting to play football by lunatic Sensabaugh cultists who now think that football is some kind of evil conspiracy against the community by the Washington County School Board.  That's what this is building up to and what almost happened on Friday night.  GS is still keeping on with his garbage to make things worse and his supporters still keep buying it.

Looks like we got a bunch of good ol boys here on CoachT making up more lies about Coach Sensabaugh.  If he did anything wrong, why did all the parents and kids support him!??!  He's the best thing to ever happen to that school and the good ol boys just couldn't stand somebody calling them out on their corruption.  He's going to go somewhere else and prove you all wrong!

2 hours ago, THSVikings2004 said:

So glad the Vikings made it out of this circus with a victory. 

With this vote coming up, I can't help but think of the situation last year with Unaka.  Forfeiting the season will have repercussions on more students than just those involved with this season's team.

I don't think the kids will vote in favor of canceling the rest of the season. Didn't all but three suit up vs TN High? It doesn't sound like the players are ready to give up on the season. Just let the kids who are refusing to play go. Cut them loose and move on with the guys who do want to play.

3 minutes ago, UpTheCreek19 said:

Looks like we got a bunch of good ol boys here on CoachT making up more lies about Coach Sensabaugh.  If he did anything wrong, why did all the parents and kids support him!??!  He's the best thing to ever happen to that school and the good ol boys just couldn't stand somebody calling them out on their corruption.  He's going to go somewhere else and prove you all wrong!

I'll help him pack. But I'll have to also drive him there to believe he is actually gone because you can't believe anything he says! Remember, he was going to be back in 24 hours. Lie just to scare the kids into not practicing. Then he spoke to the school board and they are all on his side. Lie just to look like he has leverage to keep things stirred up. Now I wondering about all his video's and accusations of Crockett's staff wrong doings. So please, let me know when he is leaving. If he can't afford the move I'll start a go fund me page! Geez

19 minutes ago, WBNC83 said:

I don't think the kids will vote in favor of canceling the rest of the season. Didn't all but three suit up vs TN High? It doesn't sound like the players are ready to give up on the season. Just let the kids who are refusing to play go. Cut them loose and move on with the guys who do want to play.

I counted 42 players on the field Friday night, not sure how many total they have.