Mr. Football 1A Back

ZEBRA35

3 minutes ago, apsugov7 said:

In 2014 that same team beat up on your pirates in the fall scrimmage. We only lost to private schools that year. Why are you so negative? There is enough of that in the world today, I'm on the positive bus.

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just giving an opinion. As for 2014 beating up on the Pirates in a fall scrimmage? I remember that well.  I also remember the 2014 Pirates being one of the worst squads in the past 30 years for SP. They lost to Copper Basin and beat Clay County by 1 point. We were pitiful that season. Marion County beat us by about 50. LMBO

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just giving an opinion. As for 2014 beating up on the Pirates in a fall scrimmage? I remember that well.  I also remember the 2014 Pirates being one of the worst squads in the past 30 years for SP. They lost to Copper Basin and beat Clay County by 1 point. We were pitiful that season. Marion County beat us by about 50. LMBO

True! I forgot about that!

I'll be supporting #80 Thomas Burks of Blackman for Mr. Football Kicker award.   He's an amazing young man (Student body president) and has amazing career stats!  He's really done well at kicking camps across the country this year.   His stats this year so far are 47 or 47 on PAT's 1 of 2 on Field Goals (that offense doesn't attempt many field goals) 43 yard punt average, kickoffs-89% are touchbacks with a 67 yard average and long of 78 yards.   

He's an outstanding young man and I'd love for you to check out his high light video.   Oh, and I'm not related, just a fan!

Thomas Burks Mid Season Highlights

Edited by FreeAgent11

Against Watertown, Gordonsville was in the spread because the Offensive Coordinator was playing daddy ball.. Since they have went to power football and Braxton has run over everyone.. He had over 250 against Smith County and Trousdale was only like 140.. The Trousdale team, pre injuries, unlike Whitwell  saw. Braxton is a top 3 back in single A football, however Gordonsville can not throw it at all, so he sees stacked boxes. Also, they cannot stop speed or anyone that throws it around on D. That's why they will not be successful down the road.

5 minutes ago, fsurules said:

Against Watertown, Gordonsville was in the spread because the Offensive Coordinator was playing daddy ball.. Since they have went to power football and Braxton has run over everyone.. He had over 250 against Smith County and Trousdale was only like 140.. The Trousdale team, pre injuries, unlike Whitwell  saw. Braxton is a top 3 back in single A football, however Gordonsville can not throw it at all, so he sees stacked boxes. Also, they cannot stop speed or anyone that throws it around on D. That's why they will not be successful down the road.

Givens should definitely be a semi-finalist. One thing against also is that he is a junior.

If I remember correctly he had 19 carries for 91 yards against Watertown. The offense has changed since that game. We run the I now. Even in that game, we lined up in the Power I and was getting 7-8 yard chunks on one series. A few penalties backed us up and we went back to the spread. That was the only series in that game that we ran the I.

Since that game the lowest rushing total was against TC, and I think it was about 136. Like fsu said, that was a different team than what Whitwell saw.