DII-A District & Region Playoffs

Booger

On 10/14/2017 at 11:16 PM, Playerscoach said:

CPA vs USN is going to be fun to watch here in the Middle Region. Championship. Lots of talent on both teams and a very well coached CPA team. They just don't make mistakes that beat themselves.

USN has a great all state forward in Courtney Rabb. She was too much for BGA's entire back line in their game today but had several great opportunities that she and her teammates didn't make. Not sure how many shots BGA had either? Has to be five or less?

If I was a betting man my DCA kiddos will be playing CAK at St Georges Wednesday. This is a rematch of an early season game last yeat that saw CAK win. Both teams can score so it might make for an interesting game?

Beat of luck to you all.

While USN did dominate the run of play in the first half, Rabb had one shot on goal all game against BGA.  Just want to set the record straight.  CPA is the class of the middle region this year.  I was not impressed with USN in their game with BGA (settled for a lot of shots from distance which BGA was more than  happy to allow) or CPA (but I thought #12 for USN was a very player, CM)

Good luck to everyone.

Edited by RedDevilsManU

2 hours ago, RedDevilsManU said:

While USN did dominate the run of play in the first half, Rabb had one shot on goal all game against BGA.  Just want to set the record straight.  CPA is the class of the middle region this year.  I was not impressed with USN in their game with BGA (settled for a lot of shots from distance which BGA was more than  happy to allow) or CPA (but I thought #12 for USN was a very player, CM)

Good luck to everyone.

Rabb beat BGA down the line all game long. BGA had no answer and could have easily lost 4-0. I saw the whole game as well. USN has shot outside all year. It's just what their AM likes to do. Rabb can score but she creates the offense for that team. Thats why she won region MVP by a wide margin.

BGA is way down this year. They offered some resistance in that first half but the second half had USN getting a dozen shots, hitting crossbars, and a ball that somehow didn't go past the line. 

CPA won 2-1 in the championship game. Seeing that game showed me those teams are very close and it could go either way. IMO the difference was coach G. His kids play so fundamentally sound its crazy. Plus, he has good high school players. 

Edited by Playerscoach

10 hours ago, RedDevilsManU said:

Good luck to everyone.

That #2 for USN was top notch.  She must have megged our girls over 4 times and could turn SO QUICKLY.

#12 was quality, as well.  

We have a young team, and were a bit "over wound" to play USN and played way too much kick ball for my liking.  

Thankful for some days off for healing and looking forward to watching USJ vs. ND at our place tonight.

2 hours ago, BigG said:

That #2 for USN was top notch.  She must have megged our girls over 4 times and could turn SO QUICKLY.

We have a young team, and were a bit "over wound" to play USN and played way too much kick ball for my liking.  

Thankful for some days off for healing and looking forward to watching USJ vs. ND at our place tonight.

Funny thing about #2 (Rabb) is she's a brilliant kid. Like MENSA brilliant. Her two older siblings are equally talented in the brains department. They attend Yale and Brown. Lol 

She's fun to watch and is an outside back in travel that absolutely takes away one side of the field against the best forwards we've played over the years. 

Just a great kid with great parents and siblings. She is very deserving of the region MVP.

Next year that team will still be good but losing the straw that stirs the drink will be a big blow. 

Edited by Playerscoach

2 hours ago, BigG said:

Also coach think about this. Cece, Molly, Meagan, and K.Wegner played with Courtney and Faith for years. Fun group of kids to watch. 

well G......we got our hands full it appears with that high scorin offense of yours......U pretty much know what you gettin with a Shim coached team and they ant no secrets...and Booger sure u probly came to take a peak at the USJ game.....maybe our young team and defense can put the brakes on those lady Lionettes.....the Irish havent faired in the deep playoff runs last couple years gainst those potent offense scorin teams....Greeneville to b exact

.....thinkin the last time the Lady Presbyterians and Catholics met on the pitch was Boogerettes last year in the Irish uniform when we went to the Finals in 2014......think the 2 tied early in the season..or maybe we wun 1-0...dont think u had made it to the CPA helm at that point...not that any of that mess matters back then

Booger just sayin :thumb: