1A playoff picture overall.

Woooooooooo

7 minutes ago, PAS said:

Playoff bracket question. After the first round how are they paired for the second round? Lowest seed versus highest?

1. (region 1)

4. (region 2)         1 seed plays 4 seed 1st  round

-----------------

3. (region 1)

2. (region 2)         2 seed plays 3 seed 1st round.....the winners of the first round play each other in the 2nd round. Higher seed will host. Ex. 1 seed will host the 2 or 3 seed winner.  Or the 2 or 3 seed winner will host the 4 seed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. (region 2)

4. (region 1)

------------------

3. (region 2)

2. (region 1)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used Region 1 and 2 as an example.   Insert region 3, 5 or 7 in place of region 1 and same time insert region 4, 6 or 8 in place of region 2.

Capiche?

2 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Both teams will be better next year. Offensively We will have to replace a couple, but the coaches think Defensively they will be better next year. 

I think both teams will be good next year as well but SP will be a little better than Whitwell. They've got more to replace on both sides of the ball than SP does from what I've heard. Whitwell will be losing half of their offense and defense. They'll be losing a good group of seniors off this years team.

32 minutes ago, Justafan6980 said:

I think both teams will be good next year as well but SP will be a little better than Whitwell. They've got more to replace on both sides of the ball than SP does from what I've heard. Whitwell will be losing half of their offense and defense. They'll be losing a good group of seniors off this years team.

Offensively Whitwell does have to replace more. Defensively they return almost everyone. Top 6 out of 7 tacklers on the team return, they are all JRs. Coach Coley seems to think defensively they will be better. Offensively they will have to replace 2 OL and Condra for sure. Will be fun next year as well .

7 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Region 4

If Gordonsville beats Clay County  and Jo Byrns and Monterey win:

1. Gordonsville
2. Jo Byrns
3. Clay County
4. Monterey

If Clay County beats Gordonsville and Jo Byrns and Monterey win:

1. Clay County
2. Gordonsville
3. Monterey
4. Jo Byrns

If Gordy wins JB wins and Monterey lose

1. Gordonsville
2. Jo Byrns
3. Clay County
4. Red Boiling Springs

If Clay County wins and JB and Monterey both lose

1. Clay County
2. Gordonsville
3. Jo Byrns
4. Red Boiling Springs

If Gordy wins JB loses and Monterey wins

1. Gordonsville
2. Clay County
3. Monterey
4. Jo Byrns

I better stop there before I confuse some folks if I haven't already.  ( myself included )  ;)

I've looked over the entire playoff scenarios and this is what I come up with as well.  

Per my sources I do believe whitwell will be in the semi vs greenback/coalfield and my sources are very very reliable. Next year will be about the same for sp. Whitwell will be better after that it's gonna be their freshman class that will cause some trouble. Curious to how many transfers each school will get from grundy

3 hours ago, Justafan6980 said:

There is only 4-6 seniors...... from what i understand...

Edited by ImaSavage

6 minutes ago, ImaSavage said:

There is only 4-6 seniors...... from what i understand...

Defensively will return 3 out of 4 on DL, All Lbs and 3/5 in secondary.

Offensively return 3 out of 5 OL, QB  will return, 2 out of 4 Wrs and Lose Condra At RB but return Petty and Wingo.

Coaches feel like they will better especially on defense. 

• Upvote 1