South Pittsburg vs Goodpasture (Grider against this Joslin man)

Roy Dillard

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, bigchief said:

Head chief? No, but I have been around a long time.  I have the best seat in the house on game days. Right next to YOUR head coach. Pregame I am around the  back. Look me up.

Sportsman, I -24 can be a nightmare from Murfreesboro on in. Hopefully you can get through ok.

Yeah, definitely plan on traffic, it took me 1 hour 45 minutes last Friday from Franklin...  and then almost the same going home because two spots on the interstate were down to one lane due to construction...

20 hours ago, sportman said:

I think Roy is riding with Pegleg so that would just leave enough room for the family and I wouldn't  have a seat. We could strap Roy on one of the wing's with a parachute and fly over GP stadium and let him jump out with the game ball.

Sportman I garuntee you Im headed to my doctor in Chattanooga to get my yearly colon exam.  If I flew with Pegleg after drinking this mess their would be a big mess in his plane.  I cant ride that far after this mess so I guess im stuck listening to that Jackson man and Dunwoody man announce it on wepg.  You think im joking but im not. 

The Cougars returned the majority of starters from last year's 10-win team that reached the Class 3A quarterfinals, but they have struggled against Division II competition this season. Goodpasture will have a size advantage along both lines and can rely on four junior playmakers — RB/LB Julius Elders (5-foot-11, 205 pounds), RB/DB Jacob Seals (5-9, 160), RB/LB Samuel Macauley (5-8, 175) and WR/FS Ammon Turner (6-1, 175). Top-ranked South Pittsburg is coming off a physical and emotional win over county rival Whitwell last week, a victory that secured the Region 3-1A title. But the Pirates were fatigued in the second half, which allowed Whitwell to dominate the final quarter and will make conditioning a point of emphasis beginning tonight. Junior FB Garrett Raulston and senior RB Sawyer Kelley have been the workhorses on offense, but the Pirates will need to continue working on their passing with young QBs Jaylyn Hubbard and Brayden Sanders for the balance they'll need in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Roy Dillard said:

Sportman I garuntee you Im headed to my doctor in Chattanooga to get my yearly colon exam.  If I flew with Pegleg after drinking this mess their would be a big mess in his plane.  I cant ride that far after this mess so I guess im stuck listening to that Jackson man and Dunwoody man announce it on wepg.  You think im joking but im not. 

I'm sure Wendy had you set up well.

147382.jpg

2 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

If you want to see it live you will be able to watch the game on NFHS Network. I think it costs around $10 for one month access. (You just have to make sure it does not auto renew). The Goodpasture commentators  who cover the game are excellent and very complimentary of great plays regardless of the team

1 hour ago, powerp said:

The Cougars returned the majority of starters from last year's 10-win team that reached the Class 3A quarterfinals, but they have struggled against Division II competition this season. Goodpasture will have a size advantage along both lines and can rely on four junior playmakers — RB/LB Julius Elders (5-foot-11, 205 pounds), RB/DB Jacob Seals (5-9, 160), RB/LB Samuel Macauley (5-8, 175) and WR/FS Ammon Turner (6-1, 175). Top-ranked South Pittsburg is coming off a physical and emotional win over county rival Whitwell last week, a victory that secured the Region 3-1A title. But the Pirates were fatigued in the second half, which allowed Whitwell to dominate the final quarter and will make conditioning a point of emphasis beginning tonight. Junior FB Garrett Raulston and senior RB Sawyer Kelley have been the workhorses on offense, but the Pirates will need to continue working on their passing with young QBs Jaylyn Hubbard and Brayden Sanders for the balance they'll need in the playoffs.

GP lost 6 really good seniors from last years team. 3 of those guys were all state. GP most definitely will not be bigger than you guys up front. GP’s size on both of the lines is what is killing them the most. SP’s FB is bigger than any lineman they have and GP is starting 2 Freshmen in the secondary.