York at Livingston Academy

swipper

I was doing my picks for the contest and seen that 96% of people on here are picking Livingston Academy. That one kinda has me puzzled them being that big of a favorite.

But this should be a good game. They have 3 common opponents in Cumberland Co., Smith Co. and Upperman and had pretty similar outcomes.

York has scored +20 points in every game. But allowed 31, 34 and 41 to Upperman, Coalfield and Smith County. They held a good Sequatchie team to 14 last week though.

Livingston Academy allowed 35 to a very good Cookeville team and has held everybody else under 20. Including 4 games of 7 points or less. They have also scored 29 or more points in 6 games.

I think Livingston Academy wins a tough hard fought game.

Livingston Academy 28

York 21

A big win for York in this non-region rivalry. York had their section of stands packed and the fans were very loud at Livingston Academy and went ahead quickly 14-0, but LA came right back to lead 17-14 at the half. LA sets off the big bang kind of fireworks with each score for the Wildcats. The turning point was when LA's quarterback was about to get sacked and pitched the ball back and York recovered the fumble and ran it in for about a 45 yard TD. Ahead 21-17, York scored again to go up 28-17 and stopped LA on 3rd and 3 and 4th and 3 to take over with time running out. They took it to the 8 yard line and with under a minute to go most likely could have scored again but let time run out rather than to run up the score. That makes 2 in a row for York over LA. Once again Probst, Cooper, Rexroat and Leffew were unstoppable and the Dragon defense held once beaten LA to just 17 points...but it was a team effort with the line opening up the holes for them. It had been a few years since I was at the game at Livingston and forgot how great the view is for the fans. You are right there I'd say only about 10-15 feet from the field and the Livingston folks were good hosts. LA had some big runs and I don't think they'll have any problem with Macon County next week to win their region.

I keep hearing that if Smith, York and Sequatchie Co all end 4-1 in the region, Smith Co will win the region because of their win over York (41-40) even though York should end 8-2 while Smith & Sequatchie most likely will end 7-3. But last year, York was in a 3 way tie with Smith and Upperman, all 3-3, but York didn't get into the playoffs because Smith and Upperman had better overall records. So why did the overall record count last year working against York, but doesn't count this year...and again working against York? Since York will have the best  overall record why aren't they 1st?

7 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

A big win for York in this non-region rivalry. York had their section of stands packed and the fans were very loud at Livingston Academy and went ahead quickly 14-0, but LA came right back to lead 17-14 at the half. LA sets off the big bang kind of fireworks with each score for the Wildcats. The turning point was when LA's quarterback was about to get sacked and pitched the ball back and York recovered the fumble and ran it in for about a 45 yard TD. Ahead 21-17, York scored again to go up 28-17 and stopped LA on 3rd and 3 and 4th and 3 to take over with time running out. They took it to the 8 yard line and with under a minute to go most likely could have scored again but let time run out rather than to run up the score. That makes 2 in a row for York over LA. Once again Probst, Cooper, Rexroat and Leffew were unstoppable and the Dragon defense held once beaten LA to just 17 points...but it was a team effort with the line opening up the holes for them. It had been a few years since I was at the game at Livingston and forgot how great the view is for the fans. You are right there I'd say only about 10-15 feet from the field and the Livingston folks were good hosts. LA had some big runs and I don't think they'll have any problem with Macon County next week to win their region.

I keep hearing that if Smith, York and Sequatchie Co all end 4-1 in the region, Smith Co will win the region because of their win over York (41-40) even though York should end 8-2 while Smith & Sequatchie most likely will end 7-3. But last year, York was in a 3 way tie with Smith and Upperman, all 3-3, but York didn't get into the playoffs because Smith and Upperman had better overall records. So why did the overall record count last year working against York, but doesn't count this year...and again working against York? Since York will have the best  overall record why aren't they 1st?

If it is a 3-way tie in the region then it will go to best overall record and then revert back for the remaining seedings. They all play region games so as long as they all win and maintain a 3-way tie it will go York, Sequatchie and Smith in that order.

7 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

If it is a 3-way tie in the region then it will go to best overall record and then revert back for the remaining seedings. They all play region games so as long as they all win and maintain a 3-way tie it will go York, Sequatchie and Smith in that order.

Thanks. That is what I thought it should be but they I kept hearing on the radio that York could only get 2nd no matter what.