Boone vs. Crockett - The Musket Bowl

formerblazer

No "We are One" Bowl crap.  Musket Bowl.

Still tons of drama on one end of the county and everything is quiet in Gray except they have won every single conference match up.  Should be an interesting Friday.  Would have been nice had ETSU let them play at a Neutral site again.

I mean Boone should roll through this, but it's always an emotional game.  Thoughts?

Just now, BlueDevil58 said:

Boone by 21.

It'll be interesting how the latest drama involving the postgame affects Crockett.  With the big post-game blowup on Friday, there was talk of more quitting... but it's still Boone week.  Surely they will put the drama behind them to play the biggest rivalry game of the year.

GS said a parent player meeting has been called tonight at 6.  Much needed.  Idk why GS posted the Sundhine law, it’s not a school board meeting.

42 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

GS said a parent player meeting has been called tonight at 6.  Much needed.  Idk why GS posted the Sundhine law, it’s not a school board meeting.

Whatever you think of the man, GS has repeatedly shown that he doesn't understand a lot about legal issues and local government.  By posting the sunshine law and implying this is some crooked practice (it's not) I suspect he may be trying to keep fanning the flames, but it's possible he's just mistaken how that works, just like he didn't get how school zoning, school districting, or school funding works.

From looking at Nick Lingerfelt's public Facebook posts, the situation at DC among the students is even worse than what's been discussed on here or in the press.

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Nick's post is very hard to follow, almost like you have to have in-depth understanding of what he is saying.      Or maybe I'm just dense, not going to rule that out......              Just wish none of this had happened and we could have a regular no-drama MUSKET  BOWL

Well NET Pigskin on Twitter is reporting there is a team meeting Monday to vote if they continue their season or not.  Players are voting, I can’t imagine as a team them voting no.

Unbelievable.

I'm sure they'll vote to continue unless something truly ridiculous happened in the postgame on Friday.  I have no idea what Qualls actually said, but it must have completely alienated the kids who came back.

I noticed after the meeting that admin called today, a lot of the coaches' social media went completely dark.

Something very bizarre and ugly is going on here.  Nothing would surprise me at this point.  Those boys have been through enough drama to last a lifetime over the last 2-4 weeks.  If they're just fed up and soured on football, nobody could blame them.

Last night should have been a “boys it’s been a tough week, but you played tonight.  Let’s get some rest, clear our heads, and have a parent athlete meeting tomorrow.  Say hi to your parents and go ahead and get dressed.  Get some rest.”

keep it simple, cover more in depth things after Adrenalin and emotion have gone down.

How are they going back to put together an entirely new coaching staff in a week?!?!

I guess "new staff" means "Nick Lingerfelt and a couple of parents we scraped together off the street."  Now those FB posts of his from earlier make more sense.

Sounds liked Qualls quit today or was dismissed after complaints from Friday.

Three different HCs in 3 weeks.  Good grief!  I wouldn't put dropping football entirely out of the question at this point.

6 minutes ago, BlueDevil58 said:

How are they going back to put together an entirely new coaching staff in a week?!?!

I guess "new staff" means "Nick Lingerfelt and a couple of parents we scraped together off the street."  Now those FB posts of his from earlier make more sense.

Sounds liked Qualls quit today or was dismissed after complaints from Friday.

Three different HCs in 3 weeks.  Good grief!  I wouldn't put dropping football entirely out of the question at this point.

Well if anyone read the Nick Lingerfelt post before he took it down......dude..... that was kind of a messed up post.  He basically said he didn't know how to feel about anything, parents mad, kids mad, school is mad, he has conversations repeated to him that he said when he thought no one was around.....then this happens?

This is just messed up.

This is unbelievable. Poor Coach Lingerfelt. He was pumped and excited about taking over the baseball program. Now he's thrown smack in the middle of this. I wish him well. 

It's time for someone to stand up and be a leader that will begin the healing process. I pray they vote to play and realize they can be the ones that can unify the community. The adults have sure failed. I have faith that if the adults get out of the way the kids will pave the way for hope.