Boone vs. Crockett - The Musket Bowl

formerblazer

9 minutes ago, DCHS said:

This is unbelievable. Poor Coach Lingerfelt. He was pumped and excited about taking over the baseball program. Now he's thrown smack in the middle of this. I wish him well. 

It's time for someone to stand up and be a leader that will begin the healing process. I pray they vote to play and realize they can be the ones that can unify the community. The adults have sure failed. I have faith that if the adults get out of the way the kids will pave the way for hope. 

Nick will do great. Much, much better man than the Facebook Child. 

1 hour ago, formerblazer said:

Well if anyone read the Nick Lingerfelt post before he took it down......dude..... that was kind of a messed up post.  He basically said he didn't know how to feel about anything, parents mad, kids mad, school is mad, he has conversations repeated to him that he said when he thought no one was around.....then this happens?

This is just messed up.

It was.  I can't imagine leaving a sweet gig at Dobyns-Bennett and taking a big pay cut to make a dream come true as head baseball coach, then gets dragged into this nightmare just a few months into the job.

At least GS seems supportive of him for now, so he won't be assassinating NL's character to the players the way he did everyone else at Crockett.  Admin must at least like NL to put him out there in this position.  If the players vote to continue under him, that gives him their support as well.

But still... it's such an awful situation these young men and Coach Lingerfelt have been caught in the middle of.  This is the sort of thing that destroys programs for years.

2 hours ago, BlueDevil58 said:

Unbelievable.

I'm sure they'll vote to continue unless something truly ridiculous happened in the postgame on Friday.  I have no idea what Qualls actually said, but it must have completely alienated the kids who came back.

I noticed after the meeting that admin called today, a lot of the coaches' social media went completely dark.

Something very bizarre and ugly is going on here.  Nothing would surprise me at this point.  Those boys have been through enough drama to last a lifetime over the last 2-4 weeks.  If they're just fed up and soured on football, nobody could blame them.

I heard it! Qualls said something really bad......"This is what happens when you stay out of practice all week and try to play"! He just lost a ball game.  He is horrible! Shouldn't hurt kids feelings. LOL

2 hours ago, DCHS said:

This is unbelievable. Poor Coach Lingerfelt. He was pumped and excited about taking over the baseball program. Now he's thrown smack in the middle of this. I wish him well. 

It's time for someone to stand up and be a leader that will begin the healing process. I pray they vote to play and realize they can be the ones that can unify the community. The adults have sure failed. I have faith that if the adults get out of the way the kids will pave the way for hope. 

So the kids are voting? Seems like an escape goat for everyone! Where is the "adults" at? Lets just throw this decision on the kids. GS is gone! Move on.

I understand that Lingerfelt had a lot of football coaching experience at DB, so he definitely knows the game.    But like everyone above said, just a horrible situation to be thrown into.     If I was not a Boone fan I would side with Crockett in the Musky Bowl ( http://lotwmuskybowl.com/index.html ), so if any Crockett players/fans/etc are out there  please know that a lot of Blazers are pulling for the guys on the team, especially in the playoffs.    Let's get a Boone/Crockett duo ready to blast those Region 2 guys in 3 weeks!

Edited by blazer1set

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I understand that Lingerfelt had a lot of football coaching experience at DB, so he definitely knows the game.    But like everyone above said, just a horrible situation to be thrown into.     If I was not a Boone fan I would side with Crockett in the Musky Bowl ( http://lotwmuskybowl.com/index.html ), so if any Crockett players/fans/etc are out there  please know that a lot of Blazers are pulling for the guys on the team, especially in the playoffs.    Let's get a Boone/Crockett duo ready to blast those Region 2 guys in 3 weeks!

Yeah, drama like this should really have been taken care of.  Hopefully the vote goes well Monday and some football is played on Friday.

meanwhile GS states he will come back if he gets a public apology.  Well well

GS said on his Facebook page that he took over a program in shambles and was on his way to turning it into a powerhouse in 1-2 yrs. Was the program really in shambles before he got there? I don't remember that. 

And yes, he did state that if he gets a public apology he'll come back and make the program a powerhouse. He also advised people, yet again, to not send their children to Crockett if they can afford it. 

One of the comments on his post was quite interesting. Appeared to be from a player. The kid thanked GS for ruining his senior year of football and then said enjoy finishing last in your fishing tournaments. 

Ouch. 

Edited by WBNC83

1 hour ago, WBNC83 said:

GS said on his Facebook page that he took over a program in shambles and was on his way to turning it into a powerhouse in 1-2 yrs. Was the program really in shambles before he got there? I don't remember that. 

And yes, he did state that if he gets a public apology he'll come back and make the program a powerhouse. He also advised people, yet again, to not send their children to Crockett if they can afford it. 

One of the comments on his post was quite interesting. Appeared to be from a player. The kid thanked GS for ruining his senior year of football and then said enjoy finishing last in your fishing tournaments. 

Ouch. 

I saw that one.  The kid had an opinion, then four people jumped down his throat and told him why he was wrong.

It's for the kids, but their opinion doesn't count.  Although tomorrow apparently their vote does.  Yeah, if I was a senior at Crockett I would feel like my senior year was ruined too.  Not through losing games or lack of fan support, but coach drama.   Sad.

Lets not forget last year only reason why GS got this coaching job was because the previous head Coach resigned to go be a position coach in Cleveland.. The article stated that he was complaining about facilities and how far away they were from being able truly compete because of all the stuff that was going on.. This is why Crockett will have 4 head coaches in 10 games