Boone vs. Crockett - The Musket Bowl

formerblazer

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

For those of you who think Boone has already won the Musket this year, keep in mind that just a few weeks ago we had the worst loss in Boone history to Science Hill, 63-6.      Yep a 57 point loss.....

Oh wait a sec, that is not the worst loss in Boone history, it would actually be in 1971 when Boone lost 72-0 to   ____________________  ??

David Crockett 0 74 L

51 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:
David Crockett 0 74 L

And every year, that score is repeated to the Boone boys.

Depending on if everyone shows up and gets on the same page, it could be a good game.  I saw that Kent Greene is helping out so they have someone that can help guide the coaching staff, as well as the other person who was part of a very good SC program.

Full week of practice definitely helps.

3 hours ago, WBNC83 said:

Great news. I'm glad those young men decided to move past all the drama and focus on finishing out their season. Will all the players suit up then? Has an interim been named? 

41 players voted to go on.  I heard they actually have about 50 on the roster now, so some kids just came out for the Musket Bowl.

Nick Lingerfelt is officially the new head coach until the end of the season, but he even admitted to the JC Press that he knows almost nothing about football.  He coached 1 year as the get-back coach and bus driver at Dobyns-Bennett.  He claims he's keeping everything the same and he'll call all the plays on offense, defense, and special teams, but I don't know how he could do that since he doesn't even know the plays.

He will be assisted by Kent Green and 4 of Greene's old assistants.  I think Drew Petitt is one.  I believe this really means that Kent Greene and his guys will be doing the actual coaching while Lingerfelt handles paperwork, deals with kids at school, and serves as the face of the program.  Lingerfelt's said that he's just going to finish the season without getting paid for it, then he'll concentrate on baseball.

A well-liked Bosken-era assistant (Derek Carr) has already called the new staff "a bunch of snakes" on Twitter.  I'm also hearing that Darrell Lewis or even Green may be the new coach next year if either of them wants it.  The director of schools personally fired the last interim guy for telling players they might have won if a bunch of them hadn't skipped practice to protest, which upset a bunch of people and nearly started a riot.

Looks like the soap opera never ends...

Edited by BlueDevil58

1 hour ago, BlueDevil58 said:

41 players voted to go on.  I heard they actually have about 50 on the roster now, so some kids just came out for the Musket Bowl.

Nick Lingerfelt is officially the new head coach until the end of the season, but he even admitted to the JC Press that he knows almost nothing about football.  He coached 1 year as the get-back coach and bus driver at Dobyns-Bennett.  He claims he's keeping everything the same and he'll call all the plays on offense, defense, and special teams, but I don't know how he could do that since he doesn't even know the plays.

He will be assisted by Kent Green and 4 of Greene's old assistants.  I think Drew Petitt is one.  I believe this really means that Kent Greene and his guys will be doing the actual coaching while Lingerfelt handles paperwork, deals with kids at school, and serves as the face of the program.  Lingerfelt's said that he's just going to finish the season without getting paid for it, then he'll concentrate on baseball.

A well-liked Bosken-era assistant (Derek Carr) has already called the new staff "a bunch of snakes" on Twitter.  I'm also hearing that Darrell Lewis or even Green may be the new coach next year if either of them wants it.  The director of schools personally fired the last interim guy for telling players they might have won if a bunch of them hadn't skipped practice to protest, which upset a bunch of people and nearly started a riot.

Who was the last interim? Qualls? Sounds like drama is still alive and well surrounding the program but at least the kids are trying to move away from it. That's a good sign anyway.

2 hours ago, BlueDevil58 said:

I hope it all gets taken care of.  The last time I talked to Greene was about 4 years ago, and he said he wanted to take time and not coach, see what life was like with the family.  I didn't know he still had the assistant principal spot until last week, so it looks like all was working well for him.  I like Kent, and I can see why they would look for him to quickly clean up the mess and finish up the year.  It's a good, safe choice.  

Bunch of snakes is an interesting comment... wonder how far that goes.

On 10/15/2017 at 2:21 PM, BlueDevil58 said:

Yeah, but a lot of GS supporters don't actually follow or know Jack about Crockett football, so they believe this.  They know it had that loser reputation from when they were in school but were out of touch.

They also think that GS "turned that program completely around" by  barely beating 3 very bad teams and 2 mediocre ones in 7 games.  They think he must be a miracle worker because of his NFL credentials and self promotion.

The truth is that Bosken is the one who developed the talent that GS inherited and changed the culture first.  GS just rode that wave for 7 games.  That didn't stop him from lashing out and accusing Bosken of "quitting" on the team and leaving it in sorry shape on the way out, though.

GS's message is clear: Crockett was nothing before him and is nothing without him because he's amazing and everyone else is a stupid "good ol' boy" who is stealing from kids.  Even the kids who call him out on how he's used them are just too dumb to know better.

Well considering  Crockett only had 7 starters back from last year's team 4 on the offensive  side and 3 on the defensive  of the ball. Not one WR had caught  a pass on the varsity level other than 1 and their top 2 RBs  hadn't touched the field on a Friday  night  (1is a Freshman ). I'd say GS did a pretty good job getting his kids ready.

Pretty funny interview with the Lingerfelt guy on the news last night.  Acted like he had no idea who appointed him interim coach or whether it was even official, and as far as the controversy GS had stoked he said something somewhat positive about GS and then said, "well, I've got to put food on my table, and I know who signs my paycheck, so that's my stance on that."  It was pretty obvious he has zero interest in coaching the football team, so I'm not sure how that's going to work, but it's only two games I guess.

32 minutes ago, Tribal said:

Pretty funny interview with the Lingerfelt guy on the news last night.  Acted like he had no idea who appointed him interim coach or whether it was even official, and as far as the controversy GS had stoked he said something somewhat positive about GS and then said, "well, I've got to put food on my table, and I know who signs my paycheck, so that's my stance on that."  It was pretty obvious he has zero interest in coaching the football team, so I'm not sure how that's going to work, but it's only two games I guess.

Hopefully at least 3 more games