Boone vs. Crockett - The Musket Bowl

formerblazer

30 minutes ago, BlueDevil58 said:

In the meantime, I support both teams.  I think Boone wins by at least 21, but I also think that Jenkins will try to take it easy on Crockett in light of all that's happened.

All the Boonies I have talked to support the Crockett kids and players, but think the adults on both sides have acted rather childish.      However make no mistake, Boone is out to win this game.    Crockett has put up 50+ in 3 games and scored 35 against a very good Campbell Co. team, so they can definitely light up the scoreboard.    I feel terrible for these kids, Lingerfelt, etc. but we still have to come out and play to win.     I would be pulling for Crockett against any other team and will pull for them in the playoffs..

2 hours ago, BlueDevil58 said:

The screenshots of his phone, to me, show that he had to leak those print outs himself.  Especially since he talked to the guy who was the same dude who leaked the recorded conversation and also put together his rally.  It's not hard to see what happened, regardless of the legalities.

You're absolutely right that there's no way on earth that the schools could reasonably  do everything, or even most of the things, GS was demanding (and trying to "force"--his own word in those texts) from them, but people want that pie in the sky and think the schools system is some kind of satanic conspiracy, apparently.  Antagonizing your bosses when told "no" (or even just told "we have to work on this," which is mostly what Halliburton's texts amounted to) makes it pretty open and shut why he was justifiably fired.

The level of cognitive dissonance required to demand the schools magically cough up hundreds of millions of dollars immediately because he tells them to (or else...) because "the kids need it" and then telling people to not support the schools by suing them and taking away more of their funding (to give to a guy who already has millions) is insane.

He's got the rabble riled up now, though.  He's even taken some shots at Lingerfelt.  We'll see how much of a circus the school board meeting is tonight.  Who knows how long this will last or even how many of those "supporters" he has online actually have kids in the system or even live in Washington Co.

In the meantime, I support both teams.  I think Boone wins by at least 21, but I also think that Jenkins will try to take it easy on Crockett in light of all that's happened.

He said that if he had the resources he could make Crockett better than DB or SH.  I’d love to hear an indians or a Hilltopper give us some info on what happened to build up facilities and who was splitting the bill on that one.  I find it hard to believe Kingsport did it all, and I know there were more than a few private donations for SH to get their new stadium.  Curious how much it would take money wise to get facilities where they need to be.

No disrespect to anyone at Crockett, but saying they could be better than SH and DB is the most asinine thing I’ve ever heard. It shows how clueless this guy is. I don’t even have a horse in the race, and I can’t wait for this three ring circus to be over. Good luck to both teams tomorrow night, I hope the adults can behave.

15 hours ago, formerblazer said:

He said that if he had the resources he could make Crockett better than DB or SH.  I’d love to hear an indians or a Hilltopper give us some info on what happened to build up facilities and who was splitting the bill on that one.  I find it hard to believe Kingsport did it all, and I know there were more than a few private donations for SH to get their new stadium.  Curious how much it would take money wise to get facilities where they need to be.

IIRC Kingsport did pay for most of the stadium upgrades (turf, expansion, etc.), except for the electronic scoreboard which was funded by a private donation.  And the athletic field house was funded entirely by private donations of a few million (can't remember if it was $3 million or $6 million).  Pal Barger of Pal's was a major donor and I think paid for all of the scoreboard.

2 hours ago, Tribal said:

IIRC Kingsport did pay for most of the stadium upgrades (turf, expansion, etc.), except for the electronic scoreboard which was funded by a private donation.  And the athletic field house was funded entirely by private donations of a few million (can't remember if it was $3 million or $6 million).  Pal Barger of Pal's was a major donor and I think paid for all of the scoreboard.

So the major purchases were the turf and stadium upgrades that happened... twice in as many years.  So roughly.... 3 million paid for by kingsport?  That’s pretty good.  

I think it gives everyone a price tag.  A new field stadium and field house would cost somewhere between 8-15 million.  That’s a lot of dough, including the “if one school gets it the other does too”

sullivan county will be getting its new school, I am curious to how much the new school gets as far as football looks wise.

I'm a SH fan and I can only vouch for what someone else said re: facility upgrades. Most of it was funded via private donations (the ol ball coach, Spurrier himself, being one of those donors). 

As for tonight's game, I think it'll be close early with Boone pulling away late to get the W. My final score prediction is:

Boone-35

Cockett-21

Edited by WBNC83