#3 Lewis county vs. #4 Columbia Academy

Blackdeath14

The private school issue has no deal here. It's the top 2 teams of the region. LC has not lost a game but haven't had an honest competition besides Obion. CA's only loss has been to a challenging 4A Spring Hill. CA seems to give up points (only 1 shutout against summertown) but LC seems to play the first half down to their competitors level. Which will hurt them going into post season. This will be a close game, if LC doesn't have more than 20 by halftime CA wins by 2 scores jmo.

Edited by rednecktiger31
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, OldMain said:

Back to the game...it may last only two years, but this is already a great rivalry between our two teams.  Years ago this wouldn't have been possible.  Thankful CA has stepped up its effort to get good coaching to help us be competitive.  Lots of us abnormally serious fans will be tied up in knots leading up to kick off.  Ready for the beautiful drive over to Hohenwald, and an action packed game.

On that my friend we can agree.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, rednecktiger31 said:

The private school issue has no deal here. It's the top 2 teams of the region. LC has not lost a game but haven't had an honest competition besides Obion. CA's only loss has been to a challenging 4A Spring Hill. CA seems to give up points (only 1 shutout against summertown) but LC seems to play the first half down to their competitors level. Which will hurt them going into post season. This will be a close game, if LC doesn't have more than 20 by halftime CA wins by 2 scores jmo.

LC no competition besides Obion? They only beat Eagleville by 8 after swapping the lead off and on the whole game. CA beat us by 5, so that's a combined 13 points between #1 and #2 in the region. Most people would consider that as competition.

9 hours ago, rednecktiger31 said:

Obion has been the 3rd best team that LC has played.

Tbh I didn't give lc much respect first half of the season but they have kept rolling n picking up some steam it seems. They have always played us hard n still remember that drubbing they gave us last year. Ik they lost their qb but dk who else. Seems like ur top three teams have played each other close n makes me a little nervous for playoffs. Dk anything bout ca other than record n rank. Going w lc by couple scores but wouldn't b surprised if ca pulls it out

14 hours ago, OldMain said:

The ONLY rules change from last year to this year is that a student CANNOT play any sport IF their parent is on the school's payroll, thus receiving the discount.  This affected a grand total of ZERO football players and ZERO basketball players.  What did the public schools, parents, coaches and fan base do to those kids from the surrounding counties to cause them to want to come to Columbia Academy?  Maybe they got tired of walking through the hallways listening to the F bomb being dropped with every few words, or the fights, or daddy ball, or lack of opportunity.  We have a player...maybe more...but at least one that works throughout the school year and summers to PAY HIS OWN WAY so he can play football for Coach L and CA.  Walk a mile in our shoes.

CA- A true beacon of academia, integrity, and morality. A haven for those searching for a wholesome educational and athletic environment. It is good to know that none of the undesirable elements that are found in public schools have not crept into the sanitary and pure confines off West 7th.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EHSEagles said:

LC no competition besides Obion? They only beat Eagleville by 8 after swapping the lead off and on the whole game. CA beat us by 5, so that's a combined 13 points between #1 and #2 in the region. Most people would consider that as competition.

No most people would say" man that was a close game" but I wouldn't call it competition 

7 minutes ago, Panther636 said:

Cullycutter you keep dreaming. Them kids are no better than anybody else's kid ,just might have a little more money. So the moral crap can be left in OLDMAIN mind.

I hate agreeing with a Lewis county fan (lol) but he is right sounds like they are trying to recruit or something.

6 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

Tbh I didn't give lc much respect first half of the season but they have kept rolling n picking up some steam it seems. They have always played us hard n still remember that drubbing they gave us last year. Ik they lost their qb but dk who else. Seems like ur top three teams have played each other close n makes me a little nervous for playoffs. Dk anything bout ca other than record n rank. Going w lc by couple scores but wouldn't b surprised if ca pulls it out

I think any team that is undefeated this far into the season you have to give them respect. R5 isn't going to be a cakewalk in the playoffs