#3 Lewis county vs. #4 Columbia Academy

Blackdeath14

23 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Thanks.   I haven't read this thread enough to figure out what all was going on.  Guess I better start keeping up on a wider range of topics.  

You would be wasting your time by reading it. Two guys disrespecting a program and a coach which is actually disrespecting themselves and their program they represent! Glad to see the respect you other guys show it's speaks a lot about all of you and your programs 

Edited by vandyfan1

10 minutes ago, pizzpatriot said:

Look at it this way. When the LC coach retires he'll be reviered. When he goes LC will definately go down. Having two close buddies in the T$$AA to always make sure your team is ALWAYS in the weakest conference goes a long way to helping the W/L record! Too bad they can't do any thing about the playoffs.

your pitiful

• 3 years later...
On 10/17/2017 at 11:53 PM, pizzpatriot said:

Big bad Lewis County playing down again this week. This time it's a small non scholarship private school. CA is going to win this one and by the fourth it wont be a question. CA hung in there with Spring Hill when SH was rolling. This will make LC go 9-1 on the year and prepare them for their annual early round playoff exit. Finally play a quality opponent and that's what happens.

This is four years ago but it is just as relevant this week as it was four years ago!  LC plays (typically) one game a year where the competition is comparable or better and they lose. Riverside will destroy them this week. 7-1 to 7-4 

On 10/19/2017 at 11:13 PM, pizzpatriot said:

Revisit this thread and the Forrest one after the second round of the playoffs.

It used to be the reasoning LC always got put out early is because of the inability to pass. Then people became smart and realized that they are always in a weak conference and if there was actually a good team or two, that would account for their regular season losses. 

Did not know that Summertown was that good. Figured Fayetteville was what they are so chalked that loss up rather easily. I guess one could say this thread has been revisited after the second round (of '17).

On 10/20/2017 at 8:56 AM, ddaddy said:

Drip....drip.....drip.....drip......drip- wait I don't hear it anymore :) 

It's because they got beat.

On 10/20/2017 at 11:27 AM, pizzpatriot said:

This ^^^^ is extremely weak! First of all, my arguement "this week" is not about calling in scores. It is about the constant weak schecule through the eons. Second, I never even mentioned the Tennessean. Third, it's not an obsession. It's observable facts!

Weak schedule equals more wins. More wins (region) equals higher seeds in playoffs. That equals playing less competition in the first rounds. Funny thing about it is, is that LC that LC always gets put out in the early rounds (even with 9-1 10-0 records. All of this equals OVERRATED!

Still relevant today (and this week) as it was four years ago!

On 10/20/2017 at 9:29 PM, pizzpatriot said:

This equals O*V*E*R*R*A*T*E*D!

Still, relevant today as four years ago!

On 10/21/2017 at 9:02 AM, pizzpatriot said:

Dang, so, lil ole Columbia Academy beat big bad all winning Lewis County?

This is what happens when an overrated program faces a quality opponent 

Nobody on here believed me when I told 'em Columbia Academy was going to win and it would be known in the 4th! 

Just like I'm stating Riverside will be putting it away this week early in the 4th. Hohenwald just does not play a schedule to help win. They do however play a schedule to facilitate a winning record. 7-1 to 7-4 

On 10/21/2017 at 4:31 PM, pizzpatriot said:

Yeah, but were not playing sub .500 lower tiered teams week in and week out! And, when LC plays a decent team, even a smaller weaker school, ya'll always get handed a loss!

Gotta be proud of all those 9-1/10-0 records with early round playoff losses..

Just another post to prove my point for the past four years. Anytime they play a decent to better team, they typically lose. Just like this Friday night, and most likely the first round of the playoffs in two weeks.

On 10/23/2017 at 1:38 AM, pizzpatriot said:

Guy does have a valid point about the passing game. It is a must have to make it into and past the third round. It's not difficult when you are playing against lessor teams year in and year out. That's how you have all of those winning records but get knocked out of the playoffs in the early rounds.

Seems LC is content with 8-3, 9-2/3, and 10-1/2 records. I don't have a problem with it. Just have to deal with being overrated.

Another example of what that program is really like.

On 10/23/2017 at 7:04 PM, pizzpatriot said:

After AAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of these playoff games you have been so braggish about, and, I mean AAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of them, even the ones that you claim were past the first round, you come after me with ONE of the only COUPLE/FEW times LC went that far and, you basically cite me as the reference!! That should tell you right there about which side of the arguement you are on!

Get ready for another 1/2 round playoff exit boys. LC is waaaayyy OVERRRRRRRATED just like every year!

Every year!

On 10/25/2017 at 12:43 AM, pizzpatriot said:

I guess after the second round of the playoffs (maybe first round if normal) ya'll will be saying that same ole line, "maybe next year".

Will next year be the year for the third round? Just as with the past four years, we already know this year ain't it!

Bumping a four year old thread with similarities not only of this year, this week but the past four years. Evidently, CA was a decent to good team four years ago and, as we all have come to realize, when Hohenwald plays those types of teams, they get beat. 

7-1 to 7-4. 

23 minutes ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

This is four years ago but it is just as relevant this week as it was four years ago!  LC plays (typically) one game a year where the competition is comparable or better and they lose. Riverside will destroy them this week. 7-1 to 7-4 

Did not know that Summertown was that good. Figured Fayetteville was what they are so chalked that loss up rather easily. I guess one could say this thread has been revisited after the second round (of '17).

It's because they got beat.

Still relevant today (and this week) as it was four years ago!

Still, relevant today as four years ago!

Nobody on here believed me when I told 'em Columbia Academy was going to win and it would be known in the 4th! 

Just like I'm stating Riverside will be putting it away this week early in the 4th. Hohenwald just does not play a schedule to help win. They do however play a schedule to facilitate a winning record. 7-1 to 7-4 

Just another post to prove my point for the past four years. Anytime they play a decent to better team, they typically lose. Just like this Friday night, and most likely the first round of the playoffs in two weeks.

Another example of what that program is really like.

Every year!

Will next year be the year for the third round? Just as with the past four years, we already know this year ain't it!

Bumping a four year old thread with similarities not only of this year, this week but the past four years. Evidently, CA was a decent to good team four years ago and, as we all have come to realize, when Hohenwald plays those types of teams, they get beat. 

7-1 to 7-4. 

Page lost 

5 minutes ago, Rocketboy21 said:

Page lost 

Say it ain’t so. They was undefeated and ranked #2 in the state. How did they lose?  Oh I see. They was playing a 6A powerhouse. I started to say there is no way they could lose to a school in their class. I mean seriously they are Region season paper champs in the toughest region of 5A. No way they get put out before the championship game though. Reason is they are 8-1 and will win Friday against a very tough Lincoln County team.