#3 Lewis county vs. #4 Columbia Academy

Blackdeath14

On 10/16/2017 at 11:48 AM, Dunc4265 said:

If both teams come into the game mentally prepared for a tough battle... then the team that makes less mistakes will pull out the close win. Checkout how close they are on offense. It should be a good game! BUT... Go Dawgs! 

Lewis County 9-0 

233.9 rushing yards per game, 34 TDs/ 9 fumbles 

45.6 passing yards per game, 7 TDs/ 4 Ints

Defense against Region common opponents: 7.0 pts per game

Columbia Academy 7-1

* lost to 4A Spring Hill

Offense:

261.0 rushing yards per game, 27 TDs/ 8 fumbles

74.1 passing yards per game, 6 TDs/ 3 Ints

Defense against Region common opponents: 10.25 pts per game

That's good stuff right there. 

Big bad Lewis County playing down again this week. This time it's a small non scholarship private school. CA is going to win this one and by the fourth it wont be a question. CA hung in there with Spring Hill when SH was rolling. This will make LC go 9-1 on the year and prepare them for their annual early round playoff exit. Finally play a quality opponent and that's what happens.

8 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

Big bad Lewis County playing down again this week. This time it's a small non scholarship private school. CA is going to win this one and by the fourth it wont be a question. CA hung in there with Spring Hill when SH was rolling. This will make LC go 9-1 on the year and prepare them for their annual early round playoff exit. Finally play a quality opponent and that's what happens.

Not playing down, playing in their classification and region. Played up last week, 4A school. LC will win by double digits.

9 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

I'm biased I guess, but I would consider Eagleville a quality opponent. Swapped the lead all night til 3-4 mins to go, but they got us.

I believe both teams are great and can go either way . CA and LC both have big threats . On offense and defense . Running back #24 for CA is one heck of a runner . And also rush lansdell he has great athleticism and is there big time play maker . Lewis county has a hardcore QB who can run like a running back and throw great . They beat a 4a school last week . Denton Webb #9 took one to the house and threw 2 touchdowns and is not throwing interceptions . . And dawson posts can plow through the line . If I don't mistake #8 Brenton sharp 4 touchdowns and over 200 yards last week 1 receiving . Preston spencer the leading district in tackles and Eric are head hunters in defense . But my opinion is Lewis county should win they have more threats and hold oppenets to about 12 points a game . I give Lewis's county props 34-10 LC

On 10/16/2017 at 11:48 AM, Dunc4265 said:

I pulled those stats from unapproved website.com on Monday and they have seemed to have changed since then. The BOLD ones below are the ones updated. 

If both teams come into the game mentally prepared for a tough battle... then the team that makes less mistakes will pull out the close win. Checkout how close they are on offense. It should be a good game! BUT... Go Dawgs! 

Lewis County 9-0 

279.8 rushing yards per game, 40 TDs/ 18 fumbles 

45.6 passing yards per game, 7 TDs/ 4 Ints

Defense against Region common opponents: 7.0 pts per game

Columbia Academy 7-1

* lost to 4A Spring Hill

Offense:

261.0 rushing yards per game, 27 TDs/ 14 fumbles

74.1 passing yards per game, 6 TDs/ 3 Ints

Defense against Region common opponents: 10.25 pts per game

12 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

This nut has to go!!!!!  He doesn't know a thing.  CA, although a non scholarship school, is located in one of the most populated areas of middle TN.  Even though non scholarship, a player whose parents work for the school have reduced tuition.  Not taking anything away from their players, because they are well coached and have continued to improve their program each and every year.  If you are from Page, what have you done?  Your family must have been humiliated by someone from LC.  Probably your team.  These kids play what is placed before them.  They practice hard and play hard.  Stop degrading them.  They don't deserve it.  Especially from someone who  hasn't got a clue.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, panvik said:

This nut has to go!!!!!  He doesn't know a thing.  CA, although a non scholarship school, is located in one of the most populated areas of middle TN.  Even though non scholarship, a player whose parents work for the school have reduced tuition.  Not taking anything away from their players, because they are well coached and have continued to improve their program each and every year.  If you are from Page, what have you done?  Your family must have been humiliated by someone from LC.  Probably your team.  These kids play what is placed before them.  They practice hard and play hard.  Stop degrading them.  They don't deserve it.  Especially from someone who  hasn't got a clue.

Although this was once true, I do not believe that it is anymore.  

13 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

Lewis county is usually always a team to watch out for. You let .CA go into this game with that kind of attitude and they just might get a butt whooping. You gotta give some respect where respect is due. I think this game could go either way. Good luck to both hope for injury free game.

13 hours ago, pizzpatriot said:

Delusional. I have been well educated in the practices of Columbia Academy sports over the last 50 years. Living in Maury Co. all my life, I can tell you right away if you believe this I need to sell you some property. Why do you think there was a push by the county schools to stop scheduling them in sports? Wasn't because of school colors or anything like that. 

I dont have a real horse in the race, just cant stand CA sympathizers saying stuff out the sides of there mouth that sounds more like it should be coming out of their back side. I have seen them play a couple of games, and they are pretty good. I wanted to get to see LC, so I watched some hudl, I think you need to give them some credit. They look to be a solid 2A team, and should win this game. What do I know, we dont play football in Cully. Cant wait for basketball season.