Dobunz Bentit vs Jeff Co

DBGRAD70

Just one question.  How many times THIS YEAR has DB been well ahead early or in the 1st half, only to allow the other team to catch up to them late?  It is happening this year but just not as badly.   This is the same ole, same ole.  What is the common denominator here?  Coaches.  This is still happening with a set of excellent athletes.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZFuO2CaQ93QSziVp6w3Y

YOU HEARD ME!

I don't think anyone who has watched DB can say they don't have enough talent to beat their next 3 opponents.It's just a matter of finishing the games .No question if DB plays anyone that has half a QB ,DB will be tested in the air.I thought the defense came up huge after big MO had went with Morristown West .Maybe a difference  factor going forward if the offense can show up and start like normal to go with it.

Edited by BatmanDevil

I understand where your coming from Batman but I have to disagree. 

I believe Greeneville wore Db down and beat them in the second half. The defense stepped up and helped win that game. Although I did disagree with a couple of playcalls by the Indians here and there. I remember them passing it in the end zone and almost getting picked off. Why would you pass when we couldn’t stop the run early in the game? Dbs offensive line is MASSIVE and it shows why it’s hard for any team to run on them. 

5 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

I understand where your coming from Batman but I have to disagree. 

I believe Greeneville wore Db down and beat them in the second half. The defense stepped up and helped win that game. Although I did disagree with a couple of playcalls by the Indians here and there. I remember them passing it in the end zone and almost getting picked off. Why would you pass when we couldn’t stop the run early in the game? Dbs offensive line is MASSIVE and it shows why it’s hard for any team to run on them. 

Your making my point.Most Devil fans wondered why DB didn't just keep running it down the Devils throats.Believe me,A coach like Ballard would have brought an even deeper and stronger team to Greeneville.Only one senior lineman from each Kingsport middle school remains that started on either side of the line back when they had a monster 9th grade team.Gosh knows there has been more speed walking the DB halls for years and no reason kids should ever have to  go two ways at DB.If you remember player  Ballard and this 11th grade class at G-middle when they were 7th graders playing up .Sevier killed them and Robinson put them out of the playoffs and beat Sevier for the championship.Other words , Coach Ballard and his staff have brought the Devils a long ways and DB should be much better.

That doesn't sound right.  Jeff County lost to Bearden, HVA, and MW.

I guess that would leave a HVA, Bearden, MW, and Jeff County all with 2 wins and Jeff County would have a win against the highest ranked team in the region due to their wins over SH and DB. It a long shot at best.

Edited by theroyz71

1 hour ago, theroyz71 said:

It sounds kinda strange to me too. Here are the current standings from TSSAA:

Division I, Class 6A, Region 1
  Region 1 Overall Region Opponents
Team W L Off Def W L Off. Def. Defeated, To Play
Dobyns Bennett 4 1 156 124 6 3 269 236 Bearden, Farragut, Hardin Valley, Morristown West, Jefferson Co.
Farragut 4 1 166 99 8 1 282 143 Bearden, Jefferson Co., Morristown West, Science Hill, Hardin Valley
Science Hill 4 2 194 150 7 3 395 258 Bearden, Dobyns Bennett, Hardin Valley, Morristown West,
Bearden 2 3 107 92 5 4 222 147 Hardin Valley, Jefferson Co., Morristown West
Hardin Valley 2 3 120 133 4 5 213 193 Jefferson Co., Morristown West, Farragut
Morristown West 1 4 89 158 3 6 199 257 Jefferson Co., Bearden
Jefferson Co. 1 4 43 119 5 4 137 152 Science Hill, Dobyns Bennett

26 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'm still saying this is a 50/50 game. It could go either way. All depends on their QB and receivers.

No doubt any team can be beat.DB is a team that beat Farragut and sensible fans from both Greeneville and Alcoa know they  were in games against DB that could have easily went either way.They are two of the best teams in the state no matter the class. For DB to lose this friday against a team with a single conference win,well that would set the DB bar right down on the ground.I'm not betting my life on anything,but I will be surprised if DB doesn't win atleast 9 games and go into the 3rd round with  huge momentum.

7 hours ago, theroyz71 said:

I guess that would leave a HVA, Bearden, MW, and Jeff County all with 2 wins and Jeff County would have a win against the highest ranked team in the region due to their wins over SH and DB. It a long shot at best.

I believe they're basing that scenario on overall record. Jefferson County would get the nod at 6-4.

But a 4-way tie is a strange animal, and how the tie-breaker rules should be applied (given that Jeff Co would have lost to all the teams it's tied with) is less than clear with the TSSAA's wording in its regulations. ( http://tssaa.org/football-regulations/ )

It's an unlikely scenario I'm sure they'd (TSSAA) just as soon avoid.

Depending, though, on one's interpretation of the tie-breaker regulations, I think Bearden could argue it should be the 4 seed (Jeff Co eliminated from the mix having lost to the 3 others it's tied with, and with no resulting head-to-head advantage among the remaining 3, Bearden would have the best overall record at 5-5). 

3 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'm still saying this is a 50/50 game. It could go either way. All depends on their QB and receivers.

Jefferson County matched up much better with Science Hill. The Patriots are a "passing-challenged" offense.

On October 24, 2017 at 8:28 AM, Red Rebels said:

Not so fast: There is a chance, even though it's a long shot:

From the TSSAA and checked by @Kreager

Division I, Class 6A, Region 1
  1 2 3 4
Dobyns Bennett wins, Farragut wins Dobyns Bennett Farragut Science Hill Bearden
Morristown West wins, Hardin Valley wins, Dobyns Bennett wins Dobyns Bennett Farragut Science Hill Hardin Valley
Jefferson Co. wins, Bearden wins Farragut Science Hill Dobyns Bennett Bearden
Jefferson Co. wins, Morristown West wins, Hardin Valley wins Farragut Science Hill Dobyns Bennett Hardin Valley
Jefferson Co. wins, Morristown West wins, Farragut wins Farragut Science Hill Dobyns Bennett Jefferson Co.

Who wins the region if we end up with a 3 way tie for first place tomorrow?  

All DB has to do is win tonight and they are the 1 seed .The Farragut loss didn't change a whole lot as to that fact.Now if DB doesn't take care of business and SH wins,then it's back to A 3 way deal and Farragut could possibly back into 1st .I think.Bottom line for DB is a cupcake at home in the first round and a 2nd round home game by just beating a team tonight that they should matchup Very well with.Today I'll say 42-14 DB.

Edited by BatmanDevil