Collinwood @ Wayne County

wildcat89

This should be a great ballgame. Possibly closer than the experts think. I expect a knock out, drag out type game. I'll do my prediction on "The Cheap Seats!" from 6-7 p.m. tomorrow night on 101.3 WOPC and on wopcradio.com/sports. Tune in and i'll have the run down on all things Wildcats and Trojans.

Edited by PCsupporter4life

I feel like Collinwood is being underestimated coming into this game. They have the same record as Wayne County and a pretty good season on their hands. Collinwood has one of the best line in 1A no doubt. Wayne County is pulling off a slightly worse season than they've had the years before. Both teams coming into this want home field advantage first round and I think the winner will definitely deserve it. 

8 hours ago, idontbelieveit said:

I feel like Collinwood is being underestimated coming into this game. They have the same record as Wayne County and a pretty good season on their hands. Collinwood has one of the best line in 1A no doubt. Wayne County is pulling off a slightly worse season than they've had the years before. Both teams coming into this want home field advantage first round and I think the winner will definitely deserve it. 

Collinwood has a good line but no better than WC and Cwood has a couple good backs but no better than WC, the difference may come down to depth where WC will run a lot of different boys and rotate their lineman in and out. Another thing I have noticed is the teams they both beat, Cwood came from behind to beat a few of them that WC was up by 40 on at the half and sit the starters for the second half. Thinking it'll be a better game than the last several though

2 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

Collinwood has a good line but no better than WC and Cwood has a couple good backs but no better than WC, the difference may come down to depth where WC will run a lot of different boys and rotate their lineman in and out. Another thing I have noticed is the teams they both beat, Cwood came from behind to beat a few of them that WC was up by 40 on at the half and sit the starters for the second half. Thinking it'll be a better game than the last several though

Collinwood does struggle with depth I agree, but the games you are talking about where they came behind is one you have to watch to talk about. When they played Mt Pleasant (who Wayne Co. lost 34-14) they had 5 fumbles and I don't know if they would've won but I think it would've been a lot closer of a game without them. When they played Summertown (Wayne Co. beat 37-7) Collinwood's defense showed up and made a statement. They held summertown to 3 point all game and shut them out the second half during their own homecoming. Of course I wont leave out the bad games either. When  Collinwood played Loretto (Wayne Co. beat 45-10) Loretto started the game off almost returning the kickoff for a TD. After that it was a close game and Collinwood made a slip up on defense and let Loretto run away with it. I think if they had that one back their defense would step up like they have been recently and easily taken it.  Collinwood played Hollow Rock-Bruceton Central this past Friday( Wayne Co. beat 40-24) It was a close game all throughout. Carson ramson a sophomore stepped up for Collinwood and gave them breathing room making play after play. It was tied 14-14 at halftime but penalties were killing Collinwood in the first half. I'm not sure how much they had, but they were shooting themselves in the foot for the majority of the game. Collinwood's defense stepped up in the second half and had 6 passes batted down to keep themselves alive(most should have been interceptions but the Trojans couldn't catch it). Collinwood also held the Tigers offense to 5 offensive plays in the 3rd quarter alone. That's impressive for any team to do to anyone.  The game tomorrow may be closer than people think. It will be a good one

I expect the weather will have some effect on this game.  If it rains all night as expected I wish they would postpone until Sat. night since it is Senior Night.  It will also dampen the crowd, and both teams deserve their hometown support. this game means a lot to both programs. 

4 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

I thought WC was crippled with injuries????????    One day they are beat up and can barely put  eleven out there and next day they have tremendous depth enough to field three or four teams.   I suspect witchcraft is at work here.  Black Magic is considered cheating where I come from