AA bracket out

BigG

I wouldn't count Page out just yet. :)

Between Greenville, White House, and Page two were going to get stuck on one side of the bracket and the other was going to avoid both until Saturday - assuming they can win their first two.

White House is a solid team this year, as they have been for almost 10 years.  We played up at your place a few months back and drew 3-3.  Really good match played well and clean from both sides.  Always great to play WH, especially now where it doesn't mean that one of us gets sent packing.

Not expecting much from 4 of the 8 teams in the field based on results from the regular and post season but those are also the ones which are easy to overlook and can cause trouble.

East Hamilton could be interesting though making their return to AA ball this cycle.

Yes I agree about Page, Greeneville, and WH. That was the gist of my comment. Greeneville sure seems like a machine right now. It’ll be interesting to see if anyone can step up.  Whatever happens, it won’t change the asterisk that goes beside the name of every AA champion from here on out.

Sorry I missed you guys earlier in the season, I was out of town on business. Rumor has it we will finally get a “friendly” boys match this year too.  I am looking forward to it.

Best of luck this week!

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:59 PM, BigG said:

East Hamilton vs. Lexington

White House vs. Seymour

McMinn Central vs. Page

Covington vs. Greeneville

McMinn Central is the surprise team to be there, and with their young players you don't know what to expect.  I'd love to see them win one game, though I'm not expecting it.

Quarterfinal matchups are chalk: (and I am concerned about how one-sided some of these games may become) (does mercy rule apply in the state tourney?)

East Hamilton v. White House 

Page v. Greeneville

Final predictions are a bit more dicey as all four of these teams are extremely deserving. I have:

White House v. Greeneville (wouldn't shock me to see Page or East Hamilton there though)

Winner: Greeneville repeats 

On 10/23/2017 at 11:07 AM, BigG said:

??

An asterisk because now it’s almost a participation trophy.  With you guys and CAK and the rest gone, it’s not the accomplishment that it once was.  So, asterisk in my book anyway.

You never heard me complaining about the privates...frankly I hate that y’all are gone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCURTIS said:

An asterisk because now it’s almost a participation trophy.  With you guys and CAK and the rest gone, it’s not the accords accomplishment that it once was.  So, asterisk in my book anyway.

You never heard me complaining about the privates...frankly I hate that y’all are gone.

No asterisk next to Greeneville's ladies - they competed against the privates and came out on top the past 2 years. Same with their mens team last year.

The kids play against whom ever they are pitted against. Please don't  diminish their hard work and accomplishments. 

2 hours ago, soccer67 said:

No asterisk next to Greeneville's ladies - they competed against the privates and came out on top the past 2 years. Same with their mens team last year.

The kids play against whom ever they are pitted against. Please don't  diminish their hard work and accomplishments. 

I am not diminishing anything the kids do, they can only play those who are lined up against them. My point was that it is no longer the accomplishment that it once was. All credit to Greeneville, they won it when they had to beat the best.  They don’t have to anymore.