AA bracket out

BigG

The asterisk comment is absurd. TSSAA clearly saw an issue and worked diligently to fix it. Under your current logic, if you have to beat the best to be the best, then we should throw out classifications altogether and just have one state champion. 

While we are at it, let's go ahead and call the NCAA and lump all those teams sanctioned under the NCAA together as well. Should work well, right? A football matchup between Minn. Deluth and the Univ. of Alabama really intrigues me.  I am on the edge of my seat just thinking about it. 

You know what, let's adopt it in professional sports realm as well. Nashville FC vs. LA Galaxy. There's a doozy for you. Forget the amount of resources each club has. You have to beat the best to be the best. 

Fifty years down the road we could have that Cinderella story where the school with 100 students beats the school with over 2,000 and hoist the trophy in the Boro. What a moment that would be. Real David and Goliath stuff right there. 

25 minutes ago, abouttogetmessi said:

The asterisk comment is absurd. TSSAA clearly saw an issue and worked diligently to fix it. Under your current logic, if you have to beat the best to be the best, then we should throw out classifications altogether and just have one state champion. 

While we are at it, let's go ahead and call the NCAA and lump all those teams sanctioned under the NCAA together as well. Should work well, right? A football matchup between Minn. Deluth and the Univ. of Alabama really intrigues me.  I am on the edge of my seat just thinking about it. 

You know what, let's adopt it in professional sports realm as well. Nashville FC vs. LA Galaxy. There's a doozy for you. Forget the amount of resources each club has. You have to beat the best to be the best. 

Fifty years down the road we could have that Cinderella story where the school with 100 students beats the school with over 2,000 and hoist the trophy in the Boro. What a moment that would be. Real David and Goliath stuff right there. 

Exactly.

17 hours ago, DCURTIS said:

An asterisk because now it’s almost a participation trophy.  With you guys and CAK and the rest gone, it’s not the accomplishment that it once was.  So, asterisk in my book anyway.

You never heard me complaining about the privates...frankly I hate that y’all are gone.

all people nose u b missin the Irish or the thought of playin the Irish

hope all in the family is well Mr Curtis

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

7 hours ago, abouttogetmessi said:

Now that truly is absurd!  The only 2 problems the TSSAA saw were 1) Missed opportunity for more revenue, and 2) whining constituents.

Number one is self explanatory...  

Number two:  They clearly got tired of listening to all the whiners complaining that their kids didn't have a chance because of all the big bad recruiting private schools.  So instead of encouraging those schools/areas to do things to strengthen their programs (see White House and Greeneville), they said screw it lets just add classifications.  And by all means, we have to separate those private schools.

I truly agree with breaking out the Class A teams from the AA. That was necessary and long overdue. The small schools from rural and/or economically disadvantaged areas have never nor would have ever been able to compete.  I think it is awesome for the growth of the sport to have  Division 1 Class A now. With that exception, there really wasn't anything wrong with how it was set up.

But no not good enough..."you gotta get rid of the small privates, its not fair"...

As Greeneville most definitely proved, the privates are beatable if you put in the work.  And by work, I mean parents contributing time and money to build the good rec programs, facilities, etc required to build those programs up, not the kids working/trying hard.  The kids are going to do that regardless. 

Next thing up we need to get those magnets and open enrollment schools out of the public divisions as well.  Let's just go to three divisions with 3 classes in each...NO...better yet let's just invite everybody to Murfreesboro for a brand new  "Life Champion Medalion" ceremony and play friendlies not keep score.

But hey, it works to my school's benefit. White House has a pretty easy path to State from now until some other schools step up the effort. If this had been the set-up White House would be sitting on at least 6 (probably 10 or 12) titles now between the boys and girls and I am sure there would be a movement to get us out somehow.

We will have to agree to disagree I suppose.  But my personal opinion is that it is a watered down title now in I-AA.

Edited by DCURTIS
Re-word and addition
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Buellerbob said:

But the area you get your players from shouldn't matter. Glad you aren't making the decisions!

Queue up the magnet/open enrollment debate...lets get rid of them too....

I am also glad.  There would be 3 size based divisions with multipliers for scholarship, magnet, and open enrollment schools and let the chips fall where they may.  No one would ever be able to sleep from the incessant whine of parents, boosters, and coaches of this entitlement driven society we have created for ourselves.