Silverdale at Webb

Spartan4Life

Haven't seen Silverdale in person this year but hear they are struggling a little. I hear they run a wing-t similar to Webb. If so they may be more prepared to stop our offense. Does Silverdale have enough to keep this one close enough to give them a shot in the fourth quarter? Does having smilier offenses make this a good matchup for the Seahawks? Which Green pulls it out in week 11? 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Fan413 said:

Webb will have no problem with Silverdale.  They run wing T but no where near as well as Webb.  There will be running clock to start the second half in my opinion. 

100% agree. We pulled our starters out with over 5 min left in the SECOND QUARTER up 45-0. You can run, or you can pass.....pick your poison.

What I do not understand for the life of me is why they didn't let all of their young guys get some playing time while we were playing all 2nd/3rd string the whole 2nd half. How are those boys going to get any better, if they don't get to play?

Be nice to them Sparty.....they are good folks. At least you get to save the $5/car parking extortion they charged all of us. If I were you guys, I'd charge to park and then put it toward something useful, like trying to keep #13 from bolting to IMG Academy sooner than later.

10 minutes ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

100% agree. We pulled our starters out with over 5 min left in the SECOND QUARTER up 45-0. You can run, or you can pass.....pick your poison.

What I do not understand for the life of me is why they didn't let all of their young guys get some playing time while we were playing all 2nd/3rd string the whole 2nd half. How are those boys going to get any better, if they don't get to play?

Be nice to them Sparty.....they are good folks. At least you get to save the $5/car parking extortion they charged all of us. If I were you guys, I'd charge to park and then put it toward something useful, like trying to keep #13 from bolting to IMG Academy sooner than later.

So I guess we shouldn't expect a close game from those who have played them this year. Are they small, or poorly coached, or just not enough athletes? 

They charged $5 for parking? Do they draw that big of crowds? So the ticket was free in exchange right? haha

#15 yes. Hopefully the folks at Webb will become family enough for him to want to stay a Spartan. I know he likes it here. Time will tell. But let's hope it's never over later and later over sooner. 

11 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

Haven't seen Silverdale in person this year but hear they are struggling a little. I hear they run a wing-t similar to Webb. If so they may be more prepared to stop our offense. Does Silverdale have enough to keep this one close enough to give them a shot in the fourth quarter? Does having smilier offenses make this a good matchup for the Seahawks? Which Green pulls it out in week 11? 

No. No. Webb by as many as they want. 

11 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

So I guess we shouldn't expect a close game from those who have played them this year. Are they small, or poorly coached, or just not enough athletes? 

They charged $5 for parking? Do they draw that big of crowds? So the ticket was free in exchange right? haha

#15 yes. Hopefully the folks at Webb will become family enough for him to want to stay a Spartan. I know he likes it here. Time will tell. But let's hope it's never over later and later over sooner. 

Nope....they are small up front, not going to comment on coaching....I wouldn't know what I was talking about anyway, and they had a pretty good safety that laid a lick when he could and he was a good threat on O too. They sort of reminded me of Boyd without as many contributors. In fairness to them....I did see a BUNCH of kids in street clothes and a couple riding around on those lil scooter things with legs in casts. That might explain a lot.

Plan to watch your varsity for a half or less if your coaches do what ours did. He made his own mercy rule. Your young'ns will get a lot of good experience.....great timing for a break heading into the playoffs too. I'm not sure I like that much. If we get complacent and go down to CCS not prepared, we'll be seeing you guys next week. That better not happen, but we did it earlier in the season at TKA. There's no way we should've allowed that to happen, but we did. Anything is possible with teenagers! And, CCS has some studs for sure.....

$6 a head for a seat, that's $12 for Momma n me.....but, I'm really not complaining....just poking a little fun. If that fee goes to something great at the church or school, then all is well. A taller endzone net wouldn't hurt either. Heck, it was Cancer Awareness night and they asked for donations at the gate. That Jackson I gave the lady for two tix disappeared in a hurry.....lol.

So he's #15? I never could tell.....it was all a blurrrrrrrrrr!!!!! I was totally kidding about IMG (just complimenting his ability)....is that REALLY an option? Your response sort of sounded like it might be a consideration?

5 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Nope....they are small up front, not going to comment on coaching....I wouldn't know what I was talking about anyway, and they had a pretty good safety that laid a lick when he could and he was a good threat on O too. They sort of reminded me of Boyd without as many contributors. In fairness to them....I did see a BUNCH of kids in street clothes and a couple riding around on those lil scooter things with legs in casts. That might explain a lot.

Plan to watch your varsity for a half or less if your coaches do what ours did. He made his own mercy rule. Your young'ns will get a lot of good experience.....great timing for a break heading into the playoffs too. I'm not sure I like that much. If we get complacent and go down to CCS not prepared, we'll be seeing you guys next week. That better not happen, but we did it earlier in the season at TKA. There's no way we should've allowed that to happen, but we did. Anything is possible with teenagers! And, CCS has some studs for sure.....

$6 a head for a seat, that's $12 for Momma n me.....but, I'm really not complaining....just poking a little fun. If that fee goes to something great at the church or school, then all is well. A taller endzone net wouldn't hurt either. Heck, it was Cancer Awareness night and they asked for donations at the gate. That Jackson I gave the lady for two tix disappeared in a hurry.....lol.

So he's #15? I never could tell.....it was all a blurrrrrrrrrr!!!!! I was totally kidding about IMG (just complimenting his ability)....is that REALLY an option? Your response sort of sounded like it might be a consideration?

MPrep already has CCS playing Webb on November 4th, so I guess GCA has already beat CCS and I just missed it.

MPrep already has Webb playing CPA on November 11th too, so for CCS, we're just wasting our time!

All of the Chattanooga DII-AA teams charge $5 to park, which I really don't like either. But I've found places to park really close to each school so I don't have to pay (except Silverdale, as they charge for the church parking lot too).

Edited by OLDad

1 hour ago, OLDad said:

MPrep already has CCS playing Webb on November 4th, so I guess GCA has already beat CCS and I just missed it.

MPrep already has Webb playing CPA on November 11th too, so for CCS, we're just wasting our time!

All of the Chattanooga DII-AA teams charge $5 to park, which I really don't like either. But I've found places to park really close to each school so I don't have to pay (except Silverdale, as they charge for the church parking lot too).

I'd be pretty put out by those predictions if that were us. I don't understand folks. Anything can happen on any given Friday, especially when you guys have a group of athletes like you do. I fully expect a 4 quarter battle Friday night. I guess I'd better bring an extra $5 :)  

39 minutes ago, Booger said:

yep.....even MPrep cant screw this one up

then again....he did rise on the that 3rd day

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Now Booger....I sat in the stands at Silverdale and watched your game with CCS live on my phone. Everytime I looked down at it one of the #3s was barreling down the field.....not just yours, though he had one heckuva game. We won't get caught underestimating an opponent twice this season.

I do have a question for the locals......am I right in thinking that is going to be one horrible traffic nightmare getting through Nooga to CCS Friday at rush hour???? Any backroad secrets you could share with us?

tell you one thing Sparty.....u better have your speedo and them Haslam Petrolium Tannin Oil mams out from round that endzone pool before them Silverdale people get up there

....they want crash that pregame party like the Irish did

Booger just sayin poolparty.gif

Edited by Booger