8-AAA

OldEagleEye

Shelbyville returns the best player in the district and should be a clear #1. Franklin Co. and Lawrence Co. have the only returning coaches and experience will mean a lot. I saw tullahoma this weekend and they are in major trouble. I also Columbia this summer and they are worse than Tullahoma. Top 4 will be pretty competitive. Lincoln has a new coach but lost best player and Coffee has a really good freshman coming in but only have 1 starter back from last year until the Morgan girl returns. Shelbyville back to back is still my prediction.

• 4 weeks later...

I might add LC is probably seething on the long ride home. Girls coach ejected and boys team lose by one it an apparent ( according to their score keeper) scoring error. They lose by one and LC contends a point was missed during the game and game should have been tied. Should make for an interesting return trip in January. 

Edited by PEARLBALL

Surprised that Shelbyville went to Winchester and beat Franklin County last night  the way the two teams have been playing.   Coffee did beat Lawrece by 12 and led by more that that during the game.  Morgan girl is back for Coffee and Freshman Vinson playing well averaging over 20 a game.   Should be a good battle between these  four teams for the Distict championship.