8-AAA

OldEagleEye

While Tullahoma did upset Shelbyville, I have my doubts as to whether they could pull a similar upset in any remaining games. Very much A and B performances from night to night. 

I think Coffee can beat Franklin, but they will have to do so during a tough week of play- it will be a small endurance test. I also believe Coffee can avenge their loss to Shelbyville when they play them at home.

Having said all of that- I think the district tournament could be interesting. There could be upsets, or it could play out rather uneventfully. 

Coffee, Franklin, Shelbyville(in no particular order) all have a shot at winning the district tournament.

Edited by oldschoolhoops

2 minutes ago, oldschoolhoops said:

While Tullahoma did upset Franklin Co., I have my doubts as to whether they could pull a similar upset in any remaining games. Very much A and B performances from night to night. 

I think Coffee can beat Franklin, but they will have to do so during a tough week of play- it will be a small endurance test. I also believe Coffee can avenge their loss to Shelbyville when they play them at home.

Having said all of that- I think the district tournament could be interesting. There could be upsets, or it could play out rather uneventfully. 

Coffee, Franklin, Shelbyville(in no particular order) all have a shot at winning the district tournament.

Tullahoma did not upset Franklin Co., they beat Shelbyville. Franklin Co. held them off despite the Duncan girl going for 33 of their 63 points. Franklin Co. is a very athletic team and they are deep. I think next week will be tough on both Coffee and Franklin, but Franklin has the depth to get through the week easier than Coffee will physically. The one disadvantage that Franklin has is that they have to be on the road for 2 of their 3 games next week, while Coffee is at home for 2 of their 3. And with Tullahoma playing like a roller coaster you never know who will have the tougher game between their 2 match ups, Franklin Co. at Tullahoma on Friday or Coffee vs. Shelbyville on Friday.

10 hours ago, summit said:

Coffee Co is rolling with their new coach .  I pick them to win district . 

They are rolling, but they have played NO ONE outside of their district, which is why they got zero votes for the state rankings with a 20-2 or whatever it is record. They may end up winning the district tournament, but they won't win a region game. They are not battled tested like Shelbyville and Franklin Co. are. Would like to see what Coffee's record would be had they played a comparable schedule to those 2. The wins are great, but its not going to get them ready for a region tournament run.  

We beat the worst team in the other district (smyrna) by 30 and i think Coffee County did the same, and our top 6 teams would destroy smyrna, siegel, and lavergne. Riverdale is 25 points better than any team in the region, riverdale and bradley central are going to the state tournament and stewarts creek, oakland, shelbyville, frankiln co etc etc can do nothing about it.

A thousand pardons for the mistake BigOrange. I meant to say that they upset Shelbyville, and have edited my original post to reflect said error. 

While Coffee hasn't had a really strong schedule in my estimation, they have played teams outside of their district.  I would also add that Shelbyville, Franklin, and Coffee have all played somewhat similar schedules- the major distinction being in Shelbyville playing a few more currently ranked teams early in the season. I suppose time will tell what difference that will make down the stretch.

Edited by oldschoolhoops

13 minutes ago, oldschoolhoops said:

A thousand pardons for the mistake BigOrange. I meant to say that they upset Shelbyville, and have edited my original post to reflect said error. 

While Coffee hasn't had a really strong schedule in my estimation, they have played teams outside of their district.  I would also add that Shelbyville, Franklin, and Coffee have all played somewhat similar schedules- the major distinction being in Shelbyville playing a few more currently ranked teams early in the season. I suppose time will tell what difference that will make down the stretch.

I have to disagree, so apparently we will just have to agree to disagree. All I know is that Shelbyville and Franklin Co. have went and played people that Coffee would refuse to play. Both of these teams have played better schedules are far as a competition stand point goes. Coffee's schedule is full of weak single A teams that wont be a factor in anything and that Whitwell Christmas tournament schedule was almost laughable. Franklin Co. played very solid competition in the tournament that they played in down in Florida and Shelbyville did the same with the tournament at Riverdale. If anyone in this district is prepared to face a team from the other side of the region, it would be Shelbyville and Franklin Co. 

It's not the fault of the new coach in regards to the schedule CC played this year. The schedule was set before he was hired. Secondly, the team has handled their business on a nightly basis by winning their district games by an average of 23 pts per game. The one loss came when the ghost of Insel appeared inciting the officials to call 4 "fouls" in the last 1:19 of the 4th to put Shelbyville in the bonus. They then proceeded to allow a pass to be caught and shot in .4 seconds, with the player standing out of bounds no less, for the win. Shelbyville and FC losing by 20 to "better competition" doesn't make them tougher than CC.

Agree - any team from this district winning a region game borders on fantasy, but Friday night I like CC chances for the district. 

2 hours ago, PEARLBALL said:

It's not the fault of the new coach in regards to the schedule CC played this year. The schedule was set before he was hired. Secondly, the team has handled their business on a nightly basis by winning their district games by an average of 23 pts per game. The one loss came when the ghost of Insel appeared inciting the officials to call 4 "fouls" in the last 1:19 of the 4th to put Shelbyville in the bonus. They then proceeded to allow a pass to be caught and shot in .4 seconds, with the player standing out of bounds no less, for the win. Shelbyville and FC losing by 20 to "better competition" doesn't make them tougher than CC.

Agree - any team from this district winning a region game borders on fantasy, but Friday night I like CC chances for the district. 

You just scored a 3-pointer with these comments. Go Raiders!

• Like 1