8-AAA

OldEagleEye

I just looked at the all district players from last year and it looks like to me this district should be much closer than it is. Tullahoma has 3 all district players ( Duncan mvp, KK and Bowman, Lincoln co has 2, Hall and Richardson, Franklin Co has 2 and Coffee has 2. Seems like It should be a much closer race or Florida was in charge of counting the votes lol

41 minutes ago, Hoopz4days said:

I just looked at the all district players from last year and it looks like to me this district should be much closer than it is. Tullahoma has 3 all district players ( Duncan mvp, KK and Bowman, Lincoln co has 2, Hall and Richardson, Franklin Co has 2 and Coffee has 2. Seems like It should be a much closer race or Florida was in charge of counting the votes lol

I'm going with the latter...but time will tell. :lol: There was a great deal of discussion about the all district selections last year. I'm not sure what it's even supposed to mean anymore.

3 hours ago, OldEagleEye said:

CC Is 5-0 since January 1 and won those 5 games by 60 points. I guess Blackman was in a lull last night against Oakland, and Cascade was in a lull against Eagleville, cmon man. These are teenage kids your talking about and some nights they are gonna miss shots and get in foul trouble and miss fts but it always seems like good teams find a way at the end. I sure hope my Eaglettes finish the season on a 5 game lull like Coffee Co is in, that way maybe we can salvage 3rd or 4th place. 

It's a fair point, but they are not sharp right now. Since Jan 1, with the exception of the FC game, they have won on talent and not great play.  Other than their parents, I doubt anyone has watched these girls play more than I have going back to when they were 10 years old and I know when they are in a rut. I am proud that they have willed their way to wins against Tullahoma and SCHS and I still believe they are the team to beat. I'm not being critical. The girls would tell you they aren't playing their best ball right now because they are experienced and mature players who have expectations for themselves. They will turn it around and be fine, but last night they were not sharp.

Barring some unforeseen catastrophe, Coffee has the reg season championship wrapped up. The district tournament on the other hand may be wide open. That’s the beauty of basketball, on any given night (with the exception of Columbia) anybody could beat anybody. It may get interesting. Same on the boys side. There is no clear favorite for sure.