8-AAA

OldEagleEye

On 1/28/2019 at 8:11 AM, oldschoolhoops said:

I'm really surprised at how the regular season play has shaken out. I thought that Franklin County would perform better in terms of W/L's as well as Lawrence. Just based on press releases alone and not having watched them play except one time, it seems like Tullahoma is playing better and may be the surprise of the district this year. I predict an exciting game against Coffee Friday night considering the former and also considering that, while they continue to win, Coffee doesn't really seem to be playing their best ball. Individual stats here and there look pretty good, but on the court their team effort seems kind of piecemeal. So we shall see! Tournament will be exciting as well I believe!

Lol 65-41 SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE 

On 2/2/2019 at 7:53 PM, Wildcat1953 said:

Wildcat rebound for win against cookeville. A little surprised   Wasn’t at game don’t know details

Cookeville didn’t come to play for sure but Tullahoma did.   I honestly think the Cavs  were caught looking past the game for the final two district games this week.  They win those two games and they are district champions.  But it’s troubling for sure.  Last time they played that way was at Rhea county opening district play and the first game of the season at Lebanon.   Hope it is out of their system now.   But a good win for Tullahoma for sure.  Any win against a team that will likely finish with 20+ victories is a good win.  I just hope Cookeville doesn’t play like that again for the rest of the year.  You can’t take off quarters and halves of games and expect to be champions.   That’s been our crutch all year.  Feast or famine.  Good luck in the tourney. 

Almost unreal the change in FC from mid January to Tuesday night. Granted, CC shot lights out, but no resistance from them whatsoever. Fill up the car with gas Eagle Eye, you’re headed to LC. 

Jokes aside, I hope it’s a competitive game. Last year was a good all three times we played. Looking forward to it. 

After the mid-season lull ( yes, it was a lull) ,CC has really played well last 3-4 games. A couple of times (once at Tullahoma and once against LIncoln County) they were basically dead in the water, but refused to lose. Nice job going undefeated in district play. Now everything is 0-0. Ready to get to Lawrenceburg. The way they are shooting it, I hate to see the week lay-off. However, having already played 29 games, it’s a chance to rest their legs a little bit. 

Seeds 2-5 you could throw a blanket over, anyone could beat the other on a given night and as mentioned above, 2 of those teams gave CC all they wanted once this year. Going in, it very well may be an all Coffee County final, but Lincoln County is the dark horse IMO. Great coaching over there. Could be an exciting tournament. 

Edited by PEARLBALL