8-AAA

OldEagleEye

17 minutes ago, Commodorefan said:

PearlBall was pretty spot on in his analysis of the game.  Riverdale hit everything in the first half and Coffee missed several open looks both inside and at three point line.  Actually outscored Riverdale in second half and we're very much in game late.  Played them closer than any other team in Tennessee has all season and probably will the rest.  Proud of the Lady Raiders.  As far as next year the Seniors will for sure be missed as they all three were good players and teammates.  But that said the cupboard is far from bare. Three starters return and several bench players that contributed at times this season.  Team will have more size and an inside duo of Vinson and Ferrell at times will provide a matchup problem for many for sure.  Don't look for a drop off in play as others will stepup.

Blackman and Lebanon was a closer game for Riverdale. CC definitely looked good though. Much respect for their fight back to make it close.

On 2/16/2019 at 5:36 PM, oldschoolhoops said:

my FCHS Lady Rebels played both teams. CCCHS is very talented and Tullahoma as well but what I saw to be biggest difference is the defense and maybe there is a reason that CCCHS only scored in low 30’s.  My rebels can’t score at times so defense is always the problem over here.  Congratulations on a strong showing to both at regionals

On 2/28/2019 at 6:09 PM, Commodorefan said:

PearlBall was pretty spot on in his analysis of the game.  Riverdale hit everything in the first half and Coffee missed several open looks both inside and at three point line.  Actually outscored Riverdale in second half and we're very much in game late.  Played them closer than any other team in Tennessee has all season and probably will the rest.  Proud of the Lady Raiders.  As far as next year the Seniors will for sure be missed as they all three were good players and teammates.  But that said the cupboard is far from bare. Three starters return and several bench players that contributed at times this season.  Team will have more size and an inside duo of Vinson and Ferrell at times will provide a matchup problem for many for sure.  Don't look for a drop off in play as others will stepup.

did the two seniors who play score a majority of the points along with Vinson?  Against us they did but did not know how rest of games were.  Great season Coffee and Commodore

Yes Morgan and Vaughn, the seniors, did the majority of the scoring along with Vinson. That said Graham has improved her outside Shooting and Garretson has shown her capability to score including 20+ against Tullahoma in Manchester.  Coffee also has a couple of freshman who can score both inside and out.  Vinson will be taking more shots next year and should also show more leadership for this team, remember she was only a sophomore. District race should be a good one next year.

4 hours ago, Commodorefan said:

Yes Morgan and Vaughn, the seniors, did the majority of the scoring along with Vinson. That said Graham has improved her outside Shooting and Garretson has shown her capability to score including 20+ against Tullahoma in Manchester.  Coffee also has a couple of freshman who can score both inside and out.  Vinson will be taking more shots next year and should also show more leadership for this team, remember she was only a sophomore. District race should be a good one next year.

They will reload then.  Wish i could say the same for my lady rebels

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 11:01 PM, PEARLBALL said:

CC shot around 20% from the floor against Tullahoma. That’s unlikely to happen again. Vinson is very special and they have two seniors that can put up big numbers on offense. The offense can quickly come and unfortunately go as well. Not a lot of imagination in the offense either. When shots fall they are very dangerous. But when they aren’t, the lack of movement and in game adjustments are lacking. Everything goes thru Vinson as it should, but that’s a lot of burden to put on a Sophmore no matter how talented she is. And yes, you don’t call that foul in the district championship, but CC should have never put their fate in the officials hand. Easily their worst performance of the year. I’ve seen a team that could beat most anyone at times. They beat East Hamilton in a Saturday play day, two days before the season started. They went toe to toe with one of the better teams in FL over Christmas. That team has 2 D1 seniors and the 2nd ranked freshman in the country.   Other times, I have thought we couldn’t beat Columbia. Which team comes Friday, I have no idea. Talent won 20 something games. Talent, coaching, and execution will have to take them forward. 

On 3/4/2019 at 8:59 PM, EagleOldEyes said:

They will reload then.  Wish i could say the same for my lady rebels

Who will be the new coach at Franklin Co?

2 hours ago, Commodorefan said:

Wonder any chance that current Shelbyville coach Jessica Southern would want to return home to Franklin County next year?  Any names being thrown around in Winchester.

Would say  she would definitely be one since she still lives there.