8-AAA

OldEagleEye

16 hours ago, Commodorefan said:

Wonder any chance that current Shelbyville coach Jessica Southern would want to return home to Franklin County next year?  Any names being thrown around in Winchester.

The rumors that I have heard of are Mike Holt, the boys assistant, or the lady that is coaching the girls team at Dechard Elementary. Again, just rumors who knows. 

5 hours ago, Commodorefan said:

Holt maybe, but I doubt they would hire an Elementary School Coach for this position but you never know.. I still would not be surprised if Coach Southerns name is in the mix.

The elementary coach's name is Amber George. She is a former assistant at Sewanee. It wouldn't be a smart move on her part especially since I believe she was kind of screwed over with the softball spot at FC before, that's why Holt has it right now. 

Whoever takes it will be behind the 8-ball. Best kid in the county left Frankiln County for Huntland last year. Program has had players quit each year and will be a long hard fix. I see them no better than 5th next year, they lost district games by 40 points last year and they lose 6 seniors, sad to see how bad it has become. 

I don’t mean to kick a coach when they are down, but FC has gotten progressively worse the past 3-4 years. This year looked like the girls flat out quit on him. Can’t see Southern or any other coach who has any kind of team returning making the jump to FC. Holt is probably their best option. Based on his Motlow days, his demeanor probably suits the girls too. 

On 3/22/2019 at 1:26 PM, PEARLBALL said:

I don’t mean to kick a coach when they are down, but FC has gotten progressively worse the past 3-4 years. This year looked like the girls flat out quit on him. Can’t see Southern or any other coach who has any kind of team returning making the jump to FC. Holt is probably their best option. Based on his Motlow days, his demeanor probably suits the girls too. 

If FC hires Holt then they can expect the same they have gotten with the boys.  No discipline and  losing season.  

I disagree FC has gotten progressively worse, we have had some good games and some bad and had problems scoring, but we have had a winning record for the girls and been to regionals every year.  Until FC stops hiring coaches based on who they are and who their friends are, they will continue to go down the ranks in every sport. 

FC atheltic department and director of schools only care about giving their friends jobs.

Coach Holt's demeanor is to constantly tell the kids in very colorful language how terrible they are and how good he is.

On 3/20/2019 at 1:56 PM, maconboy said:

Whoever takes it will be behind the 8-ball. Best kid in the county left Frankiln County for Huntland last year. Program has had players quit each year and will be a long hard fix. I see them no better than 5th next year, they lost district games by 40 points last year and they lose 6 seniors, sad to see how bad it has become. 

LOL@best kid in the county - I prefer to have kids on a team that are coachable and not kids whose Mom and Dad tell them they are too good for these high school coaches.  Those "best kids" are welcome to leave.

Edited by FCmom

4 hours ago, FCmom said:

If FC hires Holt then they can expect the same they have gotten with the boys.  No discipline and  losing season.  

I disagree FC has gotten progressively worse, we have had some good games and some bad and had problems scoring, but we have had a winning record for the girls and been to regionals every year.  Until FC stops hiring coaches based on who they are and who their friends are, they will continue to go down the ranks in every sport. 

FC atheltic department and director of schools only care about giving their friends jobs.

Coach Holt's demeanor is to constantly tell the kids in very colorful language how terrible they are and how good he is.

I agree with you being a lifelong FC fan and resident.  I do think Coach Holt would be a good hire for the program as you have stated they will be a top four team in district and have gone to region every year.  I am still confused on Coach Helton being fired for taking a team to region?  Am I missing something 

4 hours ago, FCmom said:

LOL@best kid in the county - I prefer to have kids on a team that are coachable and not kids whose Mom and Dad tell them they are too good for these high school coaches.  Those "best kids" are welcome to leave.

I do think our rebels would be much better had we kept some of the girls that went to Huntland.  

On 3/19/2019 at 8:57 PM, BamaBoy32 said:

The elementary coach's name is Amber George. She is a former assistant at Sewanee. It wouldn't be a smart move on her part especially since I believe she was kind of screwed over with the softball spot at FC before, that's why Holt has it right now. 

Will coach George be In the running for this position?  I have not heard her name

14 minutes ago, EagleOldEyes said:

I agree with you being a lifelong FC fan and resident.  I do think Coach Holt would be a good hire for the program as you have stated they will be a top four team in district and have gone to region every year.  I am still confused on Coach Helton being fired for taking a team to region?  Am I missing something 

Coach Holt would be a terrible hire for FC.  He has done nothing short of ruining our boys program.  I have played for him and have had some of my children play for him and he is not a good coach. 

Coach Holt is a big buddy of Don Rhoton who is the athletic director of FCHS. Chris Guess is the father of a senior, works for the Sheriff's dept and a big buddy of our AD.  Neither Coach Holt nor Guess like the Heltons (Holt out of jealousy and Guess because his daughter didn't get as much playing time and starts as he wanted).  This is why the Heltons were fired - the AD wanted to fire him last year and talked about it but he had a 22 win season and couldn't justify the firing.  This year they only won 14 games ( I think, may have bee 13) and so now he feels he can justify the firing.

You didn't miss anything, its just the same ole politcs that has haunted FCHS for years.  Its all about who your buddies are, they could care less about building programs good for the kids.