8-AAA

OldEagleEye

1 hour ago, OldEagleEye said:

3rd 3rd 4th 4th - that’s the last 4 years district finish. Only 7 teams in the district, really 6, Columbia is beyond horrible. Never really competed with the top teams. 4 out of the 6 teams go to region so that’s not a huge accomplishment. It was time for a change.

Ask Columbia, Tullahoma, Lawrence County, Lincoln County if going to region is not a big deal or much less finishing in the top four in the district.  I would say it is a big deal because if you are not going means you are not very competitive.  I hope we hire someone that can help us become a basketball program like we were in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s

3 hours ago, EagleOldEyes said:

Ask Columbia, Tullahoma, Lawrence County, Lincoln County if going to region is not a big deal or much less finishing in the top four in the district.  I would say it is a big deal because if you are not going means you are not very competitive.  I hope we hire someone that can help us become a basketball program like we were in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s

I don't think Jack Harlow is walking back thru those gym doors.  

On 3/30/2019 at 8:45 PM, BamaBoy32 said:

Like I said, if you say so. I have watched them play different times over the past 2 years. Every time I saw them it looked like they struggled to score. That doesn't mean that they did have open shots or the philosophy was bad, they couldn't hit layups. The coach has nothing to do with that. What the coach has to do with is getting kids into position to score, but the coach can't shoot the shots for the kids. As far as Helton's attitude, if telling kids the truth and not putting up with bullcrap out of kids is a bad attitude, then yeah I guess he did. Now as far as ruffling feathers, I am not a bird so that's not an issue. We agree to disagree and that's it. Move one. 

Amen to this!!! I just have to LOL at the bad attitude part smh

2 hours ago, EagleOldEyes said:

Did the old Tullahoma coach get interviewed for our job?

Just FYI - Mike Holt has stated that he was offered the job, but turned it down because FC would not let him have the softball team and girls basketball team.  These are his words, but they do not make sense because he is already an assistant for the boys basketball team so I'm not sure what the real story is.

16 hours ago, FCmom said:

Just FYI - Mike Holt has stated that he was offered the job, but turned it down because FC would not let him have the softball team and girls basketball team.  These are his words, but they do not make sense because he is already an assistant for the boys basketball team so I'm not sure what the real story is.

I was hoping that old Mike would get the job.

18 hours ago, FCmom said:

What I had heard was that Bean, the director, wants the new coach to only coach 1 sport. The fact that Holt is the head softball, but assistant basketball would fall in line with this since he is not the head coach of 2 sports. Also the old Tullahoma coach is the one that was let go before he ever coached a game, I think it was rumored that he had gotten in some trouble for some marijuana and that cost him his job there at Tullahoma. I think once he was let go from there he ended up at Stewart's Creek last year as an assistant.  

2 hours ago, BigOrangeBaller said:

What I had heard was that Bean, the director, wants the new coach to only coach 1 sport. The fact that Holt is the head softball, but assistant basketball would fall in line with this since he is not the head coach of 2 sports. Also the old Tullahoma coach is the one that was let go before he ever coached a game, I think it was rumored that he had gotten in some trouble for some marijuana and that cost him his job there at Tullahoma. I think once he was let go from there he ended up at Stewart's Creek last year as an assistant.  

I heard we hired someone who use to coach but I have not read it in the news