8-AAA

OldEagleEye

On 4/12/2019 at 12:37 PM, FCDad said:

If Holly Warlick doesn’t get the gig, Holt has to be a close second. He knows basketball. He knows much more than the ball being round. I’ve been to games and he always has 5 players on the court, so there’s something else he knows. Or maybe there is a parent who played some high school and JuCo ball 20 years ago and gained a lifetime of basketball knowledge coaching from the sideline who would like to throw their name in the hat. 

That would be better than Holt - 5 players and a round ball LOL yeah that should go well

On 4/12/2019 at 1:27 PM, BigOrangeBaller said:

No, he hasn't been offered the job yet. Gill from Rhea Co. interviewed on Tuesday, Edmondson from Cascade interviewed yesterday, and from what I have been told, the last interview is today and it Amber George/Gilliam, the coach from Dechard Elementary. 

I had heard that there were actually like 17 applicants for the job - do you know if this is true?  I just pray we get someone who knows the game and is fair with the kids.  Then we gotta get these parents to back up the coaches and not be all upset because their kid doesn't start or play as much as mom and dad thinks she should.

4 hours ago, FCmom said:

I had heard that there were actually like 17 applicants for the job - do you know if this is true?  I just pray we get someone who knows the game and is fair with the kids.  Then we gotta get these parents to back up the coaches and not be all upset because their kid doesn't start or play as much as mom and dad thinks she should.

Little bit contradictory of your previous posts. You guys have a knowledgeable coaching staff for boys. You have expressed dislike for this Coach Holt gentlemen yet you say parents need to support the coach. What exactly do you want?  I have been to a few of Franklin County’s boys and girls games in my travels through the area. They have the correct players playing on both JV and Varsity. They seem like a young team who just need some confidence. It will happen, unless parents who “support the coach” just bad mouth them on forums and in the stands. 

Edited by FCDad

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:56 PM, maconboy said:

Whoever takes it will be behind the 8-ball. Best kid in the county left Frankiln County for Huntland last year. Program has had players quit each year and will be a long hard fix. I see them no better than 5th next year, they lost district games by 40 points last year and they lose 6 seniors, sad to see how bad it has become. 

All about having players!

16 hours ago, FCmom said:

Don't know if that is true or not. All I know is that I had heard of only 3 interviews. 

12 hours ago, FCDad said:

Little bit contradictory of your previous posts. You guys have a knowledgeable coaching staff for boys. You have expressed dislike for this Coach Holt gentlemen yet you say parents need to support the coach. What exactly do you want?  I have been to a few of Franklin County’s boys and girls games in my travels through the area. They have the correct players playing on both JV and Varsity. They seem like a young team who just need some confidence. It will happen, unless parents who “support the coach” just bad mouth them on forums and in the stands. 

Nothing contradictory at all, unless you are just here to argue with someone.  My statement was I hope they get a Coach who is knowledgeable about the game and fair to the kids.  I don't see either one of those in our boys coaching staff.  You have been to a few games when you travel through this area - I have lived here my whole life and seen a lot of good coaches let go because parents are upset and so someone could give their good friend a coaching position.  You say they have the correct players playing on both JV and Varsity, yet by your own admission, all you have seen is a couple of games when you travel through.  FCDad?  pfft, sounds more like you just want to argue, either a dad or you just travel through which is it?

You are probably just one of those people who come here to make trouble, so this is my last response to you.  Tell your buddy Mike to work on his coaching skills for our softball team and maybe he could win some games there.

Edited by FCmom

15 minutes ago, FCmom said:

Nothing contradictory at all, unless you are just here to argue with someone.  My statement was I hope they get a Coach who is knowledgeable about the game and fair to the kids.  I don't see either one of those in our boys coaching staff.  You have been to a few games when you travel through this area - I have lived here my whole life and seen a lot of good coaches let go because parents are upset and so someone could give their good friend a coaching position.  You say they have the correct players playing on both JV and Varsity, yet by your own admission, all you have seen is a couple of games when you travel through.  FCDad?  pfft, sounds more like you just want to argue, either a dad or you just travel through which is it?

You are probably just one of those people who come here to make trouble, so this is my last response to you.  Tell your buddy Mike to work on his coaching skills for our softball team and maybe he could win some games there.

Again, doesn't sound very supportive. You say to get behind the coach, then talk negatively about him. If you are a parent of a student athlete, then by your own words, YOU are the problem. I’m not here to argue, there is no need. You have proven my point all on your own.