8-AAA

OldEagleEye

6 hours ago, OldEagleEye said:

8 total players, we only had 1 new girl at tryouts, gonna be our worst team ever. Columbia will beat us, it’s that bad.

That is unbelievable! Do they not like new coach? The Harris Middle School girls have been pretty bad the past few years.

On 6/10/2019 at 11:23 PM, OldEagleEye said:

Lmao - warren co beat your lady rebels at vb camp and the refs exact words were and I quote, I should get hazard pay for basketball this bad.  We have 8 girls at Shelbyville now, I did watch Lawrence co get throttled by Farragut and I saw Coffee beat Cookeville handily.

Coffee County did beat Cookeville by like 7-8 pts after FTs at TTU camp but we did have one of our best players out due to illness.  CC is still a solid team even without Morgan.  Cookeville is very undersized and Vinson is a bad matchup for them.  Actually Vinson is a matchup nightmare for most teams and is going to be a very special player there.

Haven’t seen Shelbyville play this summer but I do remember the teams they used to put on the floor and I would love to see them doing that again soon.  

Cookeville will be fine once they get back to full strength.  They are loaded with talent this year.  Just learning to play a different style with a smaller lineup.  Wins over Blackman (by 30pts), Oakland, Stewart’s Creek, Mt Juliet, etc this summer.  They will be rolling when season comes around.  

LadyCavsFan, I see CC and Cookeville aren't on the schedule next season. CC picked up White County in their place. I don't know why, but I was sad to see that.  I remember the girls coach threw a pretty big fit at CC last year. I don't know if that's the reason or not. From the W-L point of view, I would have preferred to have kept Cookeville. Not a slight to the team, its just that Sparta is a really tough place to play.

23 hours ago, PEARLBALL said:

LadyCavsFan, I see CC and Cookeville aren't on the schedule next season. CC picked up White County in their place. I don't know why, but I was sad to see that.  I remember the girls coach threw a pretty big fit at CC last year. I don't know if that's the reason or not. From the W-L point of view, I would have preferred to have kept Cookeville. Not a slight to the team, its just that Sparta is a really tough place to play.

CC is going to be a good team again this year.   They will miss the points by Morgan but they will be solid.  They looked good at the camp games I watched earlier this year.   I am not sure why Cookeville dropped CC but we picked up two tough games out of 5AAA which is in our region (East Hamilton and McMinn).   Thats most likely the reason.  

In regards to the game last year.  I don't think the coach lost it.  She did get a T for dropping her clipboard.   But you can read my previous comments on the official that game.    I personally would have loved to have seen 2 more games between the two teams.   They are pretty evenly matched.  And in regards to the mention of the other team that I shall not name.... we beat them 3 times in a row last year.   They finished 4th in our district....   Could have been CC wanting to trade for a easier game.   :)  Good luck this year I will be following.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 2:34 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

Coffee County did beat Cookeville by like 7-8 pts after FTs at TTU camp but we did have one of our best players out due to illness.  CC is still a solid team even without Morgan.  Cookeville is very undersized and Vinson is a bad matchup for them.  Actually Vinson is a matchup nightmare for most teams and is going to be a very special player there.

Haven’t seen Shelbyville play this summer but I do remember the teams they used to put on the floor and I would love to see them doing that again soon.  

Cookeville will be fine once they get back to full strength.  They are loaded with talent this year.  Just learning to play a different style with a smaller lineup.  Wins over Blackman (by 30pts), Oakland, Stewart’s Creek, Mt Juliet, etc this summer.  They will be rolling when season comes around.  

Is Coach Gillis still there?

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Commodorefan said:

1.Coffee 

2.Tullahoma

3.Lincoln

4. Franklin

5. Lawrence

6. Shelbyville

7. Columbia

This would be my regular season prediction.  Tournament anything can happen much like last season when it comes down to only one game.   

I think that is a pretty accurate prediction. Is Coffee completely healthy?

Tullahoma returns everyone and Coffee lost Morgan and Vaughn but they do return All-State district MVP Bella Vinson. I agree Lawrence will be much better. I think Coffee, Lincoln, Tullahoma will be 1-3. I think Lawrence and Franklin will fight for the 4th region spot and Shelbyville and Columbia will be at the bottom. Tullahoma will have the advantage early because they will have a 3 month head start on practice lol