8-AAA

OldEagleEye

39 minutes ago, Commodorefan said:

Coffee returns three starters plus all of their bench and added a couple of transfers and a potentially strong freshman class.  

Lawrence and Lincoln also have strong freshmen classes coming in.  Tullahoma should be in place to go to the region again with a third or fourth place finish and starters returning. Coffee was a lot like most teams I saw last season in this area in that they didn’t use their bench much so losing two starters could be hard when one is Morgan.

23 hours ago, EagleOldEyes said:

Lawrence and Lincoln also have strong freshmen classes coming in.  Tullahoma should be in place to go to the region again with a third or fourth place finish and starters returning. Coffee was a lot like most teams I saw last season in this area in that they didn’t use their bench much so losing two starters could be hard when one is Morgan.

Tullahoma will be a contender as they had no seniors last year. Coffee still has some solid players, but the loss of Vaughn and Morgan's floor presence is likely to be palpable at times as both of them had a tremendous ability to come through in the clutch. I believe that Lincoln will also be a team that will be able to upset at times, they had lots of young players and Coach Tipps has the ability to adjust really well. Should be interesting!

1 hour ago, oldschoolhoops said:

Tullahoma will be a contender as they had no seniors last year. Coffee still has some solid players, but the loss of Vaughn and Morgan's floor presence is likely to be palpable at times as both of them had a tremendous ability to come through in the clutch. I believe that Lincoln will also be a team that will be able to upset at times, they had lots of young players and Coach Tipps has the ability to adjust really well. Should be interesting!

No seniors I did not realize that for Tullahoma.  I believed Lincoln was the only team with no seniors, that is interesting for a team that won district tournament in Tullahoma.  Coffee has superior coaching and the MVP so I will stick with them and Lincoln to be my top two. How does Franklin County look with their new coach?  And earlier I was reading Shelbyville only had 8 players, is this true?

Tullahoma was a different team the second have of last year.  The post that became eligible REALLY improved that team.  That and Duncan may be the best player in the district this year.   Especially with Vinson coming in off of an injury over the summer.   CC will be solid but they will miss the scoring of Morgan and the physical play of Vaughn.   Now teams can focus defense on Vinson.  I still expect them to be very good.  I saw the PG and Vinson play several times this summer.  They will carry that team a long way.  I haven't seen the enough of the other teams to give a solid opinion but unless they all improved drastically I think CC and T Town will fight it out.   That rivalry game should be a good one.  

Edited by LadyCavsFan

3 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Tullahoma was a different team the second have of last year.  The post that became eligible REALLY improved that team.  That and Curtis may be the best player in the district this year.   Especially with Vinson coming in off of an injury over the summer.   CC will be solid but they will miss the scoring of Morgan and the physical play of Vaughn.   Now teams can focus defense on Vinson.  I still expect them to be very good.  I saw the PG and Vinson play several times this summer.  They will carry that team a long way.  I haven't seen the enough of the other teams to give a solid opinion but unless they all improved drastically I think CC and T Town will fight it out.   That rivalry game should be a good one.  

Who is the Curtis girl you are referring to? Don’t remember her playing last year.

17 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Tullahoma was a different team the second have of last year.  The post that became eligible REALLY improved that team.  That and Duncan may be the best player in the district this year.   Especially with Vinson coming in off of an injury over the summer.   CC will be solid but they will miss the scoring of Morgan and the physical play of Vaughn.   Now teams can focus defense on Vinson.  I still expect them to be very good.  I saw the PG and Vinson play several times this summer.  They will carry that team a long way.  I haven't seen the enough of the other teams to give a solid opinion but unless they all improved drastically I think CC and T Town will fight it out.   That rivalry game should be a good one.  

What PG did coffee county get, a transfer?  Interested to see them play this season.

yeah shelbyville only had 7 to 8 players this summer. We are up to 9 now lol. Coffee got an 8th grader from Grundy Co. She scored 1000 points in middle school, she sees the floor and understands the game really well and will get Vinson the ball when she is open.  I bet nobody calls Vinson by the wrong name lol, just messing with you Lady Cavs Fan. Good luck to you this year.

1 hour ago, OldEagleEye said:

yeah shelbyville only had 7 to 8 players this summer. We are up to 9 now lol. Coffee got an 8th grader from Grundy Co. She scored 1000 points in middle school, she sees the floor and understands the game really well and will get Vinson the ball when she is open.  I bet nobody calls Vinson by the wrong name lol, just messing with you Lady Cavs Fan. Good luck to you this year.

1000 points is the accomplishment.  I thought they got a transfer, why i asked who the PG was that came in. A freshmen should not worry the PG Alexander from Shelbyville who is very good, the one from Lincoln, and Holman from Franklin.  

Alexander is very good but its real hard to farm without hey in the barn and the barn is empty at Shelbyville. Holman cant make anything outside of 4 feet. I saw every team in our district pick her up about the 2nd block lol. Richardson is very good at Lincoln co and makes her team even better. Should be a fun year in 8-AAA.

44 minutes ago, EagleOldEyes said:

1000 points is the accomplishment.  I thought they got a transfer, why i asked who the PG was that came in. A freshmen should not worry the PG Alexander from Shelbyville who is very good, the one from Lincoln, and Holman from Franklin.  

In my opinion, the pg at Lincoln Co. will be the best in the district. Holman will be by far the most athletic pg, but the girl from Lincoln Co. has the best all around game. The freshman at Coffee will be good, just not sure that she will be the best in the district this year, her first outside of Grundy and with it being at a AAA school. She will get there though. 

Edited by BigOrangeBaller