8-AAA

OldEagleEye

17 hours ago, Commodorefan said:

Not surprised Lawrence beat Lincoln last night but by the margin of close to 30 does surprise me.

I think my rebelettes might not win a game in district as hard as that is to say and lawrence seems to be the team to beat.  lawrence will beat tully after seeing us play them as close as we did and can never count them eagles in Bedford out 

1 hour ago, OldEagleEye said:

Tullahoma wins by 20 friday night versus Lawrence. I think Shelbyville is 0-3 in district and will finish no better than 5th. 

Tullahoma wins but I don't think by 20 points.  Lawrence County may play them pretty tough.  They seem to playing pretty good ball right now.

Shelbyville was very physical in Manchester Tuesday night. On the right night and with the right set of officials ( ones that will let them play), they could be a handful. Not saying they win, but they compete. Lawrence County is almost always competitive, particularly on their home floor. I would never count them out.  

CC's youth is a variable that concerns me. They have tremendous upside, but I'm interested to see what happens over the next 12 days or so. They play the two LCs and Tullahoma. I'm pretty confident they win at Lawrence and vs Lincoln, but HOW they win will determine how I feel about the Tullahoma game. I've only seen them once, but I give Tullahoma the edge thus far due to experience. To me, Duncan and Vinson cancel each other out, so the supporting casts are vital. Edge Tullahoma for now.

I agree Pearl, Tullahoma has 4 seniors that are very experienced. Duncan and Vinson have been the cream of 8-aaa for 3 years now. Tullahoma is def the favorite at home, should be a great atmosphere. Your statement made me go back and do a little research.

Duncan - 1 reg season mvp, 1 tournament mvp, 2 region apperances in 3 years, 0 region wins, 17-21 district 8-aaa record, 1 district tournament championship appearance, 1 district tournament championship. 1-8 versus Coffee County, 1-5 versus vinson

Vinson - 1 reg season mvp, 2 region appearances in 2 years, 1 region tournament win, 25-2 district 8-aaa record, 2 regular season 8-aaa titles, 2 appearaces in 8-aaa title game, 1 all state award. 1 all region award. 5-1 versus tullahoma.

I had no idea Duncan was 1-8 against Coffee, the 1 was huge though even though 2 days later Coffee won a region game and tullahoma went home.