8-AAA

OldEagleEye

8 hours ago, PEARLBALL said:

Reasonably close at the half. Vinson drops two 3s in consecutive possessions early in the 3rd and the rout was on. Shelbyville plays hard and crashes the boards. They just can’t score the ball. They have exceeded expectations this year in my opinion. When Bella shoots it like that, anyone else on District 8AAA might as well stay at the house. Even the few times she might be held in check, others have really picked up that slack. Really impressive how the youngsters continue to improve. 

Definitely a contender for state tournament!

Someone said earlier they thought Shelbyville had overachieved lol, are you kidding me, 4 seniors including 2 all district in Singleton and Alexander and they are in 6th place. We were held to 4 points at halftime versus a woeful franklin co team. Why we let Coach S go is amazing, 2 years ago we won the district tournament and I can’t even imagine how bad next year will be. Our Jv is so bad we won’t win a district game next season. I’m so ready for Football!!!!

6 minutes ago, OldEagleEye said:

Someone said earlier they thought Shelbyville had overachieved lol, are you kidding me, 4 seniors including 2 all district in Singleton and Alexander and they are in 6th place. We were held to 4 points at halftime versus a woeful franklin co team. Why we let Coach S go is amazing, 2 years ago we won the district tournament and I can’t even imagine how bad next year will be. Our Jv is so bad we won’t win a district game next season. I’m so ready for Football!!!!

Yes this score did surprise me from last night.  I thought Shelbyville would win this one after seeing them play pretty competitively against Coffee last Friday for the most part and seeing that Franklin County only scored 15 points Saturday.  Very much a head scratcher.  And yes I will agree that next year both Shelbyville and Franklin County will struggle mightily.  Probably split during the season and give each their only district wins of the year. 

It was me who thought they might have overachieved. Based on what I saw the two games they played against CC, they were competitive and played hard. CC blew it open in the second half in the second go round, but Shelbyville gave CC two of their more competitive games. Was it about matchups? Maybe. Shelbyville’s ability to rebound the ball gave CC problems. Yeah they are 6th, but you can throw a blanket over 2-6 in this district. Last summer I heard Shelbyville was down to 7-8 players and might not win a game. I was expecting them to be 2017 Or 18 Columbia bad. They weren’t. Has the team quit now? Maybe. But 2 weeks ago, they were in the thick of it as far as second place goes. They aren’t winning the tournament or anything like that, but they have as good a shot as 3-7 to get a region birth. They’ve proven they can beat number 3 and number 5 already. 

7 hours ago, Commodorefan said:

Yes this score did surprise me from last night.  I thought Shelbyville would win this one after seeing them play pretty competitively against Coffee last Friday for the most part and seeing that Franklin County only scored 15 points Saturday.  Very much a head scratcher.  And yes I will agree that next year both Shelbyville and Franklin County will struggle mightily.  Probably split during the season and give each their only district wins of the year. 

Franklin County was without two starters (one out for year with injury and another for personal) and one of top reserves in Marshall game. 

1 hour ago, ecu said:

Franklin County was without two starters (one out for year with injury and another for personal) and one of top reserves in Marshall game. 

You are right but they were without 3 starters: Luttrell out for year, Holman and Tarrant (starts now) were at a friends' funeral who died earlier in the week.  They said that on the radio Saturday.