8-AAA

OldEagleEye

Coffee did not dominate but they did win the district tournament game along with the regular season championship.  Also Congrats to Coach Cope being named Coach of the Year.  Ellie Graham-All District for Season.  Jenna Garretson-All District Tournament and Bella Vinson-All District for Season and All District Tournament and also Vinson was named Regular Season MVP and District Tournament MVP.

Congratulating Coach JPC on all the hardware he and the Lady Raiders collected tonight, and without skipping a beat, he said "It's all them", pointing to our girls. This coach who is a Beast on the sidelines is so extremely humble when it comes to his successes. He's a great coach (look at his record) who would do anything for our kids. We're fortunate to have him.

Way to go Bella, Jenna, Ellie and the entire team and coaching staff.  Keep taking care of business!

45 minutes ago, mjuhb said:

LOL Coffee Co:roflol:Nice Job Choking

Its funny hearing so many folks on here talk about how awesome Cope is as a coach. I have a question though, his teams has always won a bunch of games every year, but has he ever lead a team to the state tournament? Its one thing to schedule the school for the blind 3 or 4 times in a year and have a 20+ win season year in and year out, but to me, from the outside looking in, its not paying off in the long run and ending in his teams reaching Murfreesboro. I think the same thing was the case at Dekalb Co. too. I could be mistaken and will gladly own it if I am. 

2 hours ago, yomomma81 said:

Its funny hearing so many folks on here talk about how awesome Cope is as a coach. I have a question though, his teams has always won a bunch of games every year, but has he ever lead a team to the state tournament? Its one thing to schedule the school for the blind 3 or 4 times in a year and have a 20+ win season year in and year out, but to me, from the outside looking in, its not paying off in the long run and ending in his teams reaching Murfreesboro. I think the same thing was the case at Dekalb Co. too. I could be mistaken and will gladly own it if I am. 

Lmao sounds like a parent of a team that couldn’t beat Coffee, Coffee played riverdale, Blackmon, white co, Baylor, Madison academy, huntland, tullahoma, Bartlett all teams who won tonight. That is 8 teams who are moving on. Fact is tonight was the region championship- coffee and Blackmon were by far the best 2 teams in the region and they drew each other first round. Great game that could have went either way. 26 in a row in 8-AAA, great season Lady Raiders. To bad you couldn’t have played the 4th place team tonight. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mjuhb said:

LOL Coffee Co:roflol:Nice Job Choking

7 hours ago, OldEagleEye said:

Lmao sounds like a parent of a team that couldn’t beat Coffee, Coffee played riverdale, Blackmon, white co, Baylor, Madison academy, huntland, tullahoma, Bartlett all teams who won tonight. That is 8 teams who are moving on. Fact is tonight was the region championship- coffee and Blackmon were by far the best 2 teams in the region and they drew each other first round. Great game that could have went either way. 26 in a row in 8-AAA, great season Lady Raiders. To bad you couldn’t have played the 4th place team tonight. 

Sometimes you need just a little luck to make it past regions. CC hasn’t gotten it the last two years. In both cases, events from district tournaments the week prior put CC in the position of having to play probably the best team from 7AAA before the region final. Last year, it was their own fault drawing Riverdale in the semis. This year, they took care of their business in the district tournament and got rewarded with Blackman with Riverdale waiting should they win. CC has been a top 2-3 team in Region 4 for two years now. Things just haven’t bounced their way. 

As for the drive by from the Tullahoma person, CC didn’t choke. Gave Blackman all they wanted. When you’re sent home Monday, remember Tullahoma’s 1-10 record against CC over the past four years and enjoy. 

1 hour ago, PEARLBALL said:

Sometimes you need just a little luck to make it past regions. CC hasn’t gotten it the last two years. In both cases, events from district tournaments the week prior put CC in the position of having to play probably the best team from 7AAA before the region final. Last year, it was their own fault drawing Riverdale in the semis. This year, they took care of their business in the district tournament and got rewarded with Blackman with Riverdale waiting should they win. CC has been a top 2-3 team in Region 4 for two years now. Things just haven’t bounced their way. 

As for the drive by from the Tullahoma person, CC didn’t choke. Gave Blackman all they wanted. When you’re sent home Monday, remember Tullahoma’s 1-10 record against CC over the past four years and enjoy. 

Yes when Tullahoma are sent home Monday, they will remember they advanced further than Coffee Co did. Choking is when supposed to go to state but You lose to a 4 seed no matter how good that 4 seed might be. I know in fantasyland losing to a 4 seed isn’t Choking. Tennessee is a Republican state so there are a lot of people living in fantasyland. The fact is people like yourself put Coffee Co on a pedestal and they didn’t get the job done. And I am no fan of Tullahoma basketball,  I’m just calling out hypocrisy of coffee co.