8-AAA

OldEagleEye

51 minutes ago, mjuhb said:

Yes when Tullahoma are sent home Monday, they will remember they advanced further than Coffee Co did. Choking is when supposed to go to state but You lose to a 4 seed no matter how good that 4 seed might be. I know in fantasyland losing to a 4 seed isn’t Choking. Tennessee is a Republican state so there are a lot of people living in fantasyland. The fact is people like yourself put Coffee Co on a pedestal and they didn’t get the job done. And I am no fan of Tullahoma basketball,  I’m just calling out hypocrisy of coffee co. 

Whoa. Angry little person aren’t you? Going from from high school girls basketball to state/national politics is one of the bigger jumps I’ve seen here. I haven’t seen you post on here in a long time. What triggered you snowflake? It’s more than CC basketball obviously. 

1 hour ago, PEARLBALL said:

Whoa. Angry little person aren’t you? Going from from high school girls basketball to state/national politics is one of the bigger jumps I’ve seen here. I haven’t seen you post on here in a long time. What triggered you snowflake? It’s more than CC basketball obviously. 

LOL Coffee Co Choked 

I laugh every time when someone calls another person Snowflake. When they don’t actually know the definition of Snowflake. Nice try at reversing heat. 

I’ll be the first to say that Coffee did not play their best Friday night.  Not even close.  But choke is a strong word to use when Coffee was playing against a Blackman team that was also undefeated in District Regular Season play if I am not mistaken.  Got to give them some credit in winning the game.  Yes they are better than most.   And as far as Coffee County schedule goes remember you can only play so many games in a season.  24 plus a couple of tournaments if not mistaken. You have to play your district opponents plus about twelve to fourteen other games.  We did play White County twice, Baylor twice along with Riverdale.  Not a weak team in the bunch.  Did we play some lesser teams, yes, but everyone does that especially with long time rival neighbors such as Warren and Grundy County. Not our fault they were down this season.  That said lastly I will say that I am proud of our team and look forward to supporting them next year whoever we play.

Edited by Commodorefan

1 hour ago, Commodorefan said:

I’ll be the first to say that Coffee did not play their best Friday night.  Not even close.  But choke is a strong word to use when Coffee was playing against a Blackman team that was also undefeated in District Regular Season play if I am not mistaken.  Got to give them some credit in winning the game.  Yes they are better than most.   And as far as Coffee County schedule goes remember you can only play so many games in a season.  24 plus a couple of tournaments if not mistaken. You have to play your district opponents plus about twelve to fourteen other games.  We did play White County twice, Baylor twice along with Riverdale.  Not a weak team in the bunch.  Did we play some lesser teams, yes, but everyone does that especially with long time rival neighbors such as Warren and Grundy County. Not our fault they were down this season.  That said lastly I will say that I am proud of our team and look forward to supporting them next year whoever we play.

When every other post in this thread is about how Coffee is going on a state tournament run. Then they get beat by a team who also choked. That means the team couldn’t handle expectations which is the very definition of Choking. Must be something in the water at Manchester. Cause Coffee Co boys also choked.

• 1 month later...

Since this is one of the more popular threads here on the T, I thought I would bring it back to the top and give my off season predictions for 20-21 hopefully we are playing basketball by then. 

1. Coffee County

2. Lawrence County

3. Lincoln County

4. Tullahoma

5. Columbia

6. Shelbyville

7. Franklin County

Anyone else with any thoughts?

4 hours ago, Commodorefan said:

Since this is one of the more popular threads here on the T, I thought I would bring it back to the top and give my off season predictions for 20-21 hopefully we are playing basketball by then. 

1. Coffee County

2. Lawrence County

3. Lincoln County

4. Tullahoma

5. Columbia

6. Shelbyville

7. Franklin County

How much difference is there between 5-7 and how much did Tullahoma lose?

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 9:53 AM, Commodorefan said:

1. Coffee County

2. Lawrence County

3. Lincoln County

4. Tullahoma

5. Columbia

6. Shelbyville

7. Franklin County

The past couple of seasons, you could throw a blanket over positions 2-5. I agree with this finishing order on paper, but this year I think the parity blanket may get a little bigger. Coffee County rules again and I don't say this to be arrogant (just reality). With that said, CC has a Peyton Manning/Florida Gator problem when it comes to post season play. I would have said a Braves of the 90s complex, but they did win one WS. The regular season record over the past 3 seasons is phenomenal and I have enjoyed it. However, bottom line is, teams are judged by results in late Feb/early March and CC has little to show for their mountain of wins. I'm not saying anything JPC and the Lady Raiders don't know already and its not a criticism, its just the way it is.

Can Columbia fight to the top half of the standings? Can Shelbyville fight off FC to stay out of the cellar? Can  CC "survive and advance?" Those are the 3 questions I look most forward to answering next year.

1 hour ago, PEARLBALL said:

The past couple of seasons, you could throw a blanket over positions 2-5. I agree with this finishing order on paper, but this year I think the parity blanket may get a little bigger. Coffee County rules again and I don't say this to be arrogant (just reality). With that said, CC has a Peyton Manning/Florida Gator problem when it comes to post season play. I would have said a Braves of the 90s complex, but they did win one WS. The regular season record over the past 3 seasons is phenomenal and I have enjoyed it. However, bottom line is, teams are judged by results in late Feb/early March and CC has little to show for their mountain of wins. I'm not saying anything JPC and the Lady Raiders don't know already and its not a criticism, its just the way it is.

Can Columbia fight to the top half of the standings? Can Shelbyville fight off FC to stay out of the cellar? Can  CC "survive and advance?" Those are the 3 questions I look most forward to answering next year.

It is a postseason sport.  You can win regular seasons each year but does not matter if you do nothing in postseason.  I hope my rebelettes can stay in top half of this district but I can not believe how far the eagles have fallen from Bedford County. Columbia has improved each year since 2016.  Good assessment of league