8-AAA

OldEagleEye

Columbia could be the surprise of the district this year.  After being in the cellar the last few years I feel they could be in line to move up in the standings this year.  Were much improved on the court last year even if the wins did not show it, and have most if not all their key players back.  Shelbyville and Franklin County have a ways to go.

6 hours ago, Commodorefan said:

Columbia could be the surprise of the district this year.  After being in the cellar the last few years I feel they could be in line to move up in the standings this year.  Were much improved on the court last year even if the wins did not show it, and have most if not all their key players back.  Shelbyville and Franklin County have a ways to go.

with my rebelettes being down for a few years and all saying the eaglettes going backwards I would have to say the fifth seed is up to the lions of columbia or wildkittens over there in tullahoma. my guess is coach in lincoln co figures things out and top two teams will be raiders and falcons but the cats from lawrence could upset all

On 6/29/2020 at 11:38 AM, Commodorefan said:

I agree that Columbia could surprise some people this year. Returning all starters I believe. Was very impressed with Parks, Riley, and Hamm last year.
All the young kids in Maury Co have been playing travel ball for the last three years. They’ll be in HS next year. Add them to the returning kids and it’s a game changer for Central. 

On 6/29/2020 at 6:29 PM, EagleOldEyes said:

with my rebelettes being down for a few years and all saying the eaglettes going backwards I would have to say the fifth seed is up to the lions of columbia or wildkittens over there in tullahoma. my guess is coach in lincoln co figures things out and top two teams will be raiders and falcons but the cats from lawrence could upset all

I’m surprised how much everyone thinks Tullahoma will step back. I know they lost talent, but they still have a lot of good ball players. Lincoln county has the talent to be in the top 2, but I’m not sure if they can pass tullahoma or Lawrence county. Columbia gets everyone back. They may be able to upset a couple at the top. 

I will agree that Tullahoma does have talent returning and also a coach who likes to keep them in the gym and not afraid to work. I picked Tullahoma 4th mainly on retuning experience that Lincoln and Lawrence have over them.  But I will say any of the three could finish in spots two thru four.  At this point just hope we get to see a full season of all sports.  

14 hours ago, Commodorefan said:

I will agree that Tullahoma does have talent returning and also a coach who likes to keep them in the gym and not afraid to work. I picked Tullahoma 4th mainly on retuning experience that Lincoln and Lawrence have over them.  But I will say any of the three could finish in spots two thru four.  At this point just hope we get to see a full season of all sports.  

just think they lost a lot and my youngest granddaughter plays at Huntland and was not impressed by Tullahoma’s younger talent coming up. will be some long rebuilding years there now that duncan is gone since that is all they had

3 hours ago, EagleOldEyes said:

just think they lost a lot and my youngest granddaughter plays at Huntland and was not impressed by Tullahoma’s younger talent coming up. will be some long rebuilding years there now that duncan is gone since that is all they had

Duncan is a big loss, but they have a senior post (Ferrell I think) who is really good. Also, they will have 3 sophomores that I have seen play for Tullahoma tide that are talented enough to make a big difference. If that’s all they got then they may not be able play at the pace they did last year, but I don’t think they are in rebuilding mode yet.

On 7/4/2020 at 11:51 AM, Richmond30 said:

Duncan is a big loss, but they have a senior post (Ferrell I think) who is really good. Also, they will have 3 sophomores that I have seen play for Tullahoma tide that are talented enough to make a big difference. If that’s all they got then they may not be able play at the pace they did last year, but I don’t think they are in rebuilding mode yet.

I hear the new transfers could help both lady lions and tullahoma. the losses and lack of depth could hurt my rebelettes, last raiders, and eagles. Deepest teams seem to be Lawrence and lincoln 

2 hours ago, EagleOldEyes said:

I hear the new transfers could help both lady lions and tullahoma. the losses and lack of depth could hurt my rebelettes, last raiders, and eagles. Deepest teams seem to be Lawrence and lincoln 

Lincoln County is definitely deep and their point guard has the potential to be the district MVP. I don’t know anything about Lawrence. 

What transfers did Columbia and Tullahoma get?

10 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

Lincoln County is definitely deep and their point guard has the potential to be the district MVP. I don’t know anything about Lawrence. 

What transfers did Columbia and Tullahoma get?

pg for falcons is good and could be mvp if she can lead them to wins along with their dominant post game. lawrence was very deep last season and I believe only lost one player that started.  columbia has a few new transfers in from aau and was told coffee girls moved to tullahoma.  coffee not as deep this year with loss of seniors and girls not coming back out due to assistant coaches and favorites. 8aaa could be a roller coaster 

Coffee Co returns their leading 3 scorers including back to back MVP in Vinson. Gannon, Reel and Fulks will all 3 be solid this year as well. The 4 girls that quit scored 76 points between them last season lol. And btw those asst coaches and favorites have not lost a district game the past 2 seasons. Vinson has not lost a regular season district game since her Freshman season and has never lost a district game at home, pretty amazing. Tullahoma, Lawrence and Lincoln will be 2nd-4th, Columbia will be 5th and Franklin Co and Shelbyville will be bad very very bad. Stop wishing and giving me wannabe scenarios - Fact is Coffee Co is 28-1 against Lincoln,Lawrence,Tullahoma and Columbia the past 3 seasons 28-1,28-1,28-1. Truly remarkable and almost laughable at how easy it has been. In those 29 games Coffee Co has outscored the other 4 teams by over 600 points. That is an average district winning margin of 20 points per game. 

1 hour ago, RaiderPride84 said:

Coffee Co returns their leading 3 scorers including back to back MVP in Vinson. Gannon, Reel and Fulks will all 3 be solid this year as well. The 4 girls that quit scored 76 points between them last season lol. And btw those asst coaches and favorites have not lost a district game the past 2 seasons. Vinson has not lost a regular season district game since her Freshman season and has never lost a district game at home, pretty amazing. Tullahoma, Lawrence and Lincoln will be 2nd-4th, Columbia will be 5th and Franklin Co and Shelbyville will be bad very very bad. Stop wishing and giving me wannabe scenarios - Fact is Coffee Co is 28-1 against Lincoln,Lawrence,Tullahoma and Columbia the past 3 seasons 28-1,28-1,28-1. Truly remarkable and almost laughable at how easy it has been. In those 29 games Coffee Co has outscored the other 4 teams by over 600 points. That is an average district winning margin of 20 points per game. 

nobody disagrees with the regular season just question the one district championship in all those victories to go with region wins.  last three years shelbyville, tullahoma, coffee all have district championships. coffee has three region losses and one region win but a lot of regular season wins. not saying my rebelettes are any better because we have not won in a long time but i was always told it is not what you do in the regular season that counts.  only team to go to a sectional or region final in a long time is tullahoma.  i am a firm believer of playing tough opponents to prepare for tournaments and glad to see my FC teams playing stone memorial and other tough teams to make us better