8-AAA

OldEagleEye

2 hours ago, RaiderPride84 said:

Coffee Co returns their leading 3 scorers including back to back MVP in Vinson. Gannon, Reel and Fulks will all 3 be solid this year as well. The 4 girls that quit scored 76 points between them last season lol. And btw those asst coaches and favorites have not lost a district game the past 2 seasons. Vinson has not lost a regular season district game since her Freshman season and has never lost a district game at home, pretty amazing. Tullahoma, Lawrence and Lincoln will be 2nd-4th, Columbia will be 5th and Franklin Co and Shelbyville will be bad very very bad. Stop wishing and giving me wannabe scenarios - Fact is Coffee Co is 28-1 against Lincoln,Lawrence,Tullahoma and Columbia the past 3 seasons 28-1,28-1,28-1. Truly remarkable and almost laughable at how easy it has been. In those 29 games Coffee Co has outscored the other 4 teams by over 600 points. That is an average district winning margin of 20 points per game. 

Is Chumlee still at coffee co?

Ok. Didn’t know if she was one of the ones who left because there were rumors on here that her dad interviewed for hc job elsewhere. She is a better player than she was able to show last year. I saw her a lot when she was at Cascade and she is a real ball player.

2 hours ago, EagleOldEyes said:

nobody disagrees with the regular season just question the one district championship in all those victories to go with region wins.  last three years shelbyville, tullahoma, coffee all have district championships. coffee has three region losses and one region win but a lot of regular season wins. not saying my rebelettes are any better because we have not won in a long time but i was always told it is not what you do in the regular season that counts.  only team to go to a sectional or region final in a long time is tullahoma.  i am a firm believer of playing tough opponents to prepare for tournaments and glad to see my FC teams playing stone memorial and other tough teams to make us better 

Blackman got upset and ended up in Coffee Co bracket or Coffee would have been in Substate as well. Blackman beat Coffee Co in a close game, they beat Tullahoma by 40 in the region finals. Coffee has played Blackman, Riverdale, White Co, Cookeville, Stewart’s Creek, Oakland, Baylor, Tullahoma and is 15-6 against those teams. Next season they have Riverdale, Blackmon, Baylor and White Co on the schedule again. It is easy to sit back and talk after the fact but I guarantee you each team and coach has tried for the last 2 years to beat Coffee in 8-aaa and they just can’t find a way. Lol if Tennessee wins the SEC and loses it’s bowl game next year they will be on cloud 9!!!! 

8 minutes ago, RaiderPride84 said:

Blackman got upset and ended up in Coffee Co bracket or Coffee would have been in Substate as well. Blackman beat Coffee Co in a close game, they beat Tullahoma by 40 in the region finals. Coffee has played Blackman, Riverdale, White Co, Cookeville, Stewart’s Creek, Oakland, Baylor, Tullahoma and is 15-6 against those teams. Next season they have Riverdale, Blackmon, Baylor and White Co on the schedule again. It is easy to sit back and talk after the fact but I guarantee you each team and coach has tried for the last 2 years to beat Coffee in 8-aaa and they just can’t find a way. Lol if Tennessee wins the SEC and loses it’s bowl game next year they will be on cloud 9!!!! 

I would rather my rebelettes get beat by 40 in a region final than get beat in a close first round region game.  but as you said it is easy to sit back and talk after the fact, such as blackman being upset in their district tournament, rather than discussing the facts of regular season means nothing if you can not win in postseason. i am sure all teams try to win when they take the court or I sure hope they do. and one team in two years in 8aaa did beat coffee and it happened when it mattered in the postseason. 15-6 regular season only equates to a 1-3 region record in three years. my rebelettes are 0-3 in the region during that same time.  but the track record has always been solid with coach cope in postseason 4-10 at dekalb as well as the district record 18-68. amazing how a coach can only get 18 district wins but still get 126 career wins at dekalb. 

46 minutes ago, EagleOldEyes said:

I would rather my rebelettes get beat by 40 in a region final than get beat in a close first round region game.  but as you said it is easy to sit back and talk after the fact, such as blackman being upset in their district tournament, rather than discussing the facts of regular season means nothing if you can not win in postseason. i am sure all teams try to win when they take the court or I sure hope they do. and one team in two years in 8aaa did beat coffee and it happened when it mattered in the postseason. 15-6 regular season only equates to a 1-3 region record in three years. my rebelettes are 0-3 in the region during that same time.  but the track record has always been solid with coach cope in postseason 4-10 at dekalb as well as the district record 18-68. amazing how a coach can only get 18 district wins but still get 126 career wins at dekalb. 

Dekalb had not won a district game in 10 years when Coach was hired. 0 wins in 10 years and was even featured on the cover of the Tennessean. So 18 wins in 7 years after 0 wins in 10 years was phenomenal. 2 region appearances in 7 years at Dekalb which it had been 20 years without a region appearance before Cope. They were 22-257 with the 5 coaches before he arrived. So hard to even fathom that a team could be that bad. Columbia has been beyond pitiful but they have won a couple games in 3 years. Can’t imagine a team losing 137 district games and a first year coach taking that team to a region semi-final. That is so amazing. 

3 hours ago, RaiderPride84 said:

Dekalb had not won a district game in 10 years when Coach was hired. 0 wins in 10 years and was even featured on the cover of the Tennessean. So 18 wins in 7 years after 0 wins in 10 years was phenomenal. 2 region appearances in 7 years at Dekalb which it had been 20 years without a region appearance before Cope. They were 22-257 with the 5 coaches before he arrived. So hard to even fathom that a team could be that bad. Columbia has been beyond pitiful but they have won a couple games in 3 years. Can’t imagine a team losing 137 district games and a first year coach taking that team to a region semi-final. That is so amazing. 

amazing average of 2.5 district wins over 7 years and as one individual mentioned on here previously he will need his statue for regular season wins in district 8aaa

8 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

Ok. Didn’t know if she was one of the ones who left because there were rumors on here that her dad interviewed for hc job elsewhere. She is a better player than she was able to show last year. I saw her a lot when she was at Cascade and she is a real ball player.

She is a winner. Makes those around her better. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...