8-AAA

OldEagleEye

19 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown w/o starting point guard and could have won ( coulda woulda shoulda I know )  - as you know they are 1A  - I listened to thunder and your coach showed lot of class in compliments to them as did Bella - good luck hope you go far ( at least Murfreesboro not unbeatable this year ) 

in single a missing one player makes a huge difference. wish I could of seen this game cause I hear summertown has a chance to win it all in class a

On 12/12/2020 at 9:39 AM, OldEagleEye said:

1 of many fouls against Bella 1st period. Coffee Co played 10 girls in the 1st half and played all 12 the 2nd half, including 3rd string the entire 4th period. BTW the 3rd string outscored Franklin Co 16-2 in the 4th. If you wanna see more intentional fouls just go to the article on Thunder Radio. 

0?ui=2&ik=1921bd1a8c&attid=0.1.1&permmsg

if you are that good play through it 

On 12/24/2020 at 9:37 AM, EagleOldEyes said:

were you not there for the blackman game against coffee? sc and blackman are not even close and i was in attendance when they played blackman and cc can not keep up with athletes like that. good win versus summertown but not having a starter in lineup for eagles especially the pg makes a huge difference. cc might be the class of 8aaa but it will end there if play even happens after january. 

Agreed. They will not be able to keep up with Riverdale either. The 'Dale and Blackman are the top 2 teams over there and when they finally get to play that will be a heck of a game. 

LOL , Coffee beat riverdale by 25 last year. It was a complete mismatch from start to finish. Bottom line Coffee Co caught a horrible break by Blackman losing in the District tournament last year. Coffee was head and shoulders above everyone else from 7-AAA last year. They lost a 5 point game against Blackman who went on to beat Tullahoma by 40 in the region championship. Talk all you want but Blackman and Coffee were the best 2 teams in the region. Coffee dismantled Tullahoma 3 times during the regular season and got rewarded by having to play a #1 seed. But it is what it is, by far the toughest region/substate in Tennessee. Blackman, Riverdale, Oakland, Stew Creek, Coffee Co, White Co, Stone Memorial, Cookeville, Bredley Central and only 2 can make it to state. It's a shame teams can't be seeded after district tournaments. The goal should be to get the top 8 teams to the boro and that rarely happens.

On 12/30/2020 at 11:41 AM, OldEagleEye said:

LOL , Coffee beat riverdale by 25 last year. It was a complete mismatch from start to finish. Bottom line Coffee Co caught a horrible break by Blackman losing in the District tournament last year. Coffee was head and shoulders above everyone else from 7-AAA last year. They lost a 5 point game against Blackman who went on to beat Tullahoma by 40 in the region championship. Talk all you want but Blackman and Coffee were the best 2 teams in the region. Coffee dismantled Tullahoma 3 times during the regular season and got rewarded by having to play a #1 seed. But it is what it is, by far the toughest region/substate in Tennessee. Blackman, Riverdale, Oakland, Stew Creek, Coffee Co, White Co, Stone Memorial, Cookeville, Bredley Central and only 2 can make it to state. It's a shame teams can't be seeded after district tournaments. The goal should be to get the top 8 teams to the boro and that rarely happens.

seen coffee play blackman this year and watched riverdale and it pains me being a rebelette to say the boro schools are just too tough and athletic for coffee.  Blackman could have beat coffee by 60 when they played but the coach is to professional unlike others in this area.  if coffee was good enough to be at state last year then they should of been able to beat blackman last year and anyone that came to their place to play. you been in Winchester and have seen the talent the golden eagles have this area is weak and down right now due to lack of development. my biggest fear with four classes is the talent moving out to tullahoma or huntland from here because the road will be easier to state.  that could also have an impact on Shelbyville and cc where kids have already moved out to tully or webb.  

On 12/30/2020 at 11:41 AM, OldEagleEye said:

I also think that Riverdale last year had several girls out with ACL tears. So that will make a difference, but we will see. Would love to see if Coffee could play with Riverdale this year. Too bad they didn't get to play earlier when it was scheduled. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...