8-AAA

OldEagleEye

2 hours ago, PEARLBALL said:

Any one know who Coach of the Year was? 

Bella's 3-peat is phenomenal. Even going back through the era of Golden Eaglettes with the Tiffany Woosleys, Misty Lambs, Michelle Johnsons, and Conswella Sparrows, I'm not sure that has ever happened and may not again.

Maybe Angela Morehead?

2 hours ago, Commodorefan said:

Coach at Columbia has done a good job also.  Gone from bottom of the cellar couple years ago to Fourth place this year.  Coach Cope goes undefeated in District and State Number three ranking at Coffee yet does not win it.  Guess that is what they were expected to do.  

For whatever reason, it was almost a given to me that JPC wouldn’t win and as I pondered who might, I looked past him on down the line. This is what’s called being a victim of your own success. You are right in saying it’s become so routine that JPC doesn’t get the credit others might. He should have been riding a 3 year COY streak going into this season. Yes, He has had good players along the way, but he has put them in the right spots. I think he has only lost one regular season game in 4 years? CC had been through quite a lengthy dry spell prior to his arrival and it’s hard to dismiss that fact. No one has done it any better in this century in 8AAA. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 9:25 PM, PEARLBALL said:

For whatever reason, it was almost a given to me that JPC wouldn’t win and as I pondered who might, I looked past him on down the line. This is what’s called being a victim of your own success. You are right in saying it’s become so routine that JPC doesn’t get the credit others might. He should have been riding a 3 year COY streak going into this season. Yes, He has had good players along the way, but he has put them in the right spots. I think he has only lost one regular season game in 4 years? CC had been through quite a lengthy dry spell prior to his arrival and it’s hard to dismiss that fact. No one has done it any better in this century in 8AAA. 

unfortunately my fc teams still will compete with coffee county in basketball for a few more years in a district that will include warren county and shelbyville.  but can we stop with all the nonsense of coach cope being the next wooden because he does not win in big games as the tournament goes on. when you play weak regular season schedules it catches up with teams down the road as it has with his raider teams.  win regular season games and beat up on rebuilding teams or s small school teams but when it comes to playing a rutherford county or a bradley the story ends very different.  have mvps and coach of the years but they amount to very little when you do not make it out of region play. 

• Like 1

I was at the game because my Warren Co girls were at home as usual this time of year. Coffee had a starter/6th girl out with a concussion. They have played 6 all year and this left them with 5. 11-11 end of 1 and then with Coffee up 15-11 Oakland hit 8 straight shots including 4 3's. Coffee could have laid down but they outscored Oakland in the 3rd and 4th and cut it to 3 points with under 30 sec to go. They finish 28-2 only losing to Blackman and Oakland. They played a very tough schedule this year looking at coach t. They played Blackman, White Co., stew creek, summertown, and had riverdale on the schedule as well. They just finished their 3rd straight undefeated 8-AAA regular season including beating your team by 150 points in 2 games. I'm sure glad you will be in our district next year because as bad as we are we will beat you by 30, Warren is getting better and i guess you will still be rebuilding lmao. Worry about your train wreck of a team and leave other teams alone. You prob been sitting in mommies basement waiting on Coffee to lose since December 1. What a joke!!!!! I guess you would bash your team and coach if they won back 2 back undefeated regular season and tournament championships. smh sad little mommies boy got his feelings hurt

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 79champs said:

I was at the game because my Warren Co girls were at home as usual this time of year. Coffee had a starter/6th girl out with a concussion. They have played 6 all year and this left them with 5. 11-11 end of 1 and then with Coffee up 15-11 Oakland hit 8 straight shots including 4 3's. Coffee could have laid down but they outscored Oakland in the 3rd and 4th and cut it to 3 points with under 30 sec to go. They finish 28-2 only losing to Blackman and Oakland. They played a very tough schedule this year looking at coach t. They played Blackman, White Co., stew creek, summertown, and had riverdale on the schedule as well. They just finished their 3rd straight undefeated 8-AAA regular season including beating your team by 150 points in 2 games. I'm sure glad you will be in our district next year because as bad as we are we will beat you by 30, Warren is getting better and i guess you will still be rebuilding lmao. Worry about your train wreck of a team and leave other teams alone. You prob been sitting in mommies basement waiting on Coffee to lose since December 1. What a joke!!!!! I guess you would bash your team and coach if they won back 2 back undefeated regular season and tournament championships. smh sad little mommies boy got his feelings hurt

i am a woman and mother of three but enjoy the basement comment.  my rebelettes are not very strong and the raiders made sure to prove that this year and it will always come back around to a person like coach cope when you demonstrate that in amateur athletics. do your homework and find out that no team is hundred percent this time of year and the schedule you claim can be misleading.  yes they have won many games and the district has been very weak this past season with no team making it out of the region and the last few years only one has made it very far at all.  coffee county will continue to win a lot of regular season games and district tournaments but not much else as long as the road they travel continues through rutherford county. unfortunately the same can be said for warren franklin and shelbyville.  On a side note I am also glad the pioneers are in our new four team district as I can see some wins in the future for my rebelettes and at the very least we will be going to a region basketball game.  back to my basement now